What have you tried New to eat this week?

iaimtobethin

Silver Member
Just thought it might be a good idea to share anything new we have eaten this week. Guess i am stuck in a rut at mthe mo and have been trying a couple of new things this past week. It could be something that someone else wouldnt have thought of. Mine were:-

Quorn Peppered Steak - Didnt like it much but covered in smash and beans it was fine.

Melon - Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum

x

Quorn sausage.....GROSS!!!!

Mullerlight Vanilla and Chocolate Sprinkes yogurt......yummy! (normally hate yogurt so very proud of myself!)

Plums :) they are really really nice!!! I got them as the co-op had them half price for a pack of 8 (£1) and ive since been back and bought more!!

Also butternut Squash - unsure about this one, i had it roasted but will try it again

xx

great thread!

i made some SW chicken skewers with poatoe wedges and they were ace!

i would like to try fennel this week!

Coco Rocks cereal bar! Yum, yum!! Only draw back is that I've had my second one already today.... I only had 16 syns left for the week.... Now I only have 8 to last... Ooops!

I havent really tried anything new unless a new flavour of low fat supernoodles counts! =s

and I agree that quorn sausages are gross!! x

BNS is so nice! I slice it into circles (roast with skin on to prevent shrinking), and season with either salt and pepper, or cajun seasoning! cook for at least half an hour! yum!! xx

I dont like quorn either - hate is a more accurate word but thought i would give it a go. Covered in smash and beans u can hardly taste !

I tried fennel, and quite enjoyed it!

how did you have it? what with? did you buy it fresh? i have no idea where to start! is it aneceade-y (i think that's spelt wrong!)

Thanks for the tip, i just peeled it and cut it up with no seasoning or anything - maybe i'll try leaving the skin on!

xx

oh yeh it definitely needs seasoning! Treat it like potato! I slice it into discs to roast, but when I get to the end that doesnt really work and it comes out in odd shapes lol. I leave the skin on so it doesnt shrink but the skin isnt very nice. Apparently its ok to eat but I dont try lol. Adding paprika to the seasoning is really nice 2, I forgot to mention that earlier!

oh and spray with fry light! x

Laughing Cow Deli-Light Blue Cheeses - YUCK!! They tasted like feet to me but then I can't stand blue cheese normally so god knows why I bought them!

great thread!

i made some SW chicken skewers with poatoe wedges and they were ace!

i would like to try fennel this week!

What do you DO with fennel though? I grow it in my garden, it is dead pretty but I have never eaten it because I don't know what to do with it...:confused:

Laughing Cow Deli-Light Blue Cheeses - YUCK!! They tasted like feet to me but then I can't stand blue cheese normally so god knows why I bought them!

hahahahaha!!! That does sound awful. I might try the onion ones of those but I have a feeling they would be really strong! x

i tried slow cooker chicken thighs - didnt like them much, which isnt great news as i have some cooked up for dinner too!!! eeek! might cook something different instead! x

Back