What have you tried New to eat this week?

i want to try the SW syn free lamb sheek kebabs!! i love the ones in the restaurant but is red meat really free on red??

Laughing Cow Deli-Light Blue Cheeses - YUCK!! They tasted like feet to me but then I can't stand blue cheese normally so god knows why I bought them!

I used these last night as a 'filling' for a chicken breast wrapped in parma ham - we thought they were delicious!!!!!!!

i tried pataks tikka masala paste rather than having a takeaway..

and cauliflower cheese! sw friendly of course x

Do you know what the syn value is for the Pataks pastes? I love making curies but haven't used this as worried it would be bad? x

i want to try the SW syn free lamb sheek kebabs!! i love the ones in the restaurant but is red meat really free on red??

All lean meat is free on red hun. Make sure any visible fat is removed and you'll be fine. Use extra lean mince if you can find it!

I tried pizza and garlic bread on Saturday and it was proper yummy. Not at all on plan but yummy all the same.
This week I'm going to try pan frylighting some sea bass as my new thing.

i made quorn chicken curry syn free and yummy and quick orange cheesecake made with quark and fromaige frai - tbh it was awful :)

great thread!

i made some SW chicken skewers with poatoe wedges and they were ace!

i would like to try fennel this week!

Fennel is lovely. You can have it in a salad (but slice it very thinly) - I like it mixed with very thinly sliced raw button mushrooms and shredded lettuce.

It is also lovely cooked. I cut the fennel bulb into thick slices downwards, then fry on both sides in Frylight until browned, then add a little bit of water and put a lid on the pan. Cook until it is soft, then take off the lid, turn up the heat until the remaining water evaporates and it starts to sizzle.

I made celeriac mash last week... a bit strange, like mash potato but tastes of celery! And I baked ray wings in foil, lovely!

And on Mothering Sunday I tried a scrummy new ice cream flavour - ginger fairing, so lush! I guesstimated its syns, so all on plan!!

I've been trying lots of new things this week trying to jazz things up a bit....
I cooked a veg curry from the magazine and it was yummy.....I am also finding plums delicous at the mo!
I tried some tinned crabmeat with a salad as it is SS...not bad at all....
Wholegrain crispbreads and finn crisps I have tried for the first time...very nice with cottage cheese!
Cadbury's highlights choc fudge drink...yum yum....
And am just waiting for a butternut squash and chicken curry to cook.....hopefully that will be yummy too.....

I recently tried tilapia, which is a white fish, and it was delicious. Cooked it with leeks in the microwave. Cooked the sliced leeks for 4 minutes, put the fish on top and cooked for another 2 minutes.

Waitrose has bags of alfafa sprouts, which I have been having this week with cheese in a sandwich. Really nice.

I bought today a Crown Prince Squash - no idea what it will be like, but I love any kind of squash. It is rather large for one person, so I am taking it to my sister's at the weekend - I will report back!!

I also saw some golden kiwi fruit today and bought them, although they were a bit expensive. Lovely taste, less acid than the green ones.

I tried the SW KFC it was lovely - and am experimenting with SW friendly ice creams as I've just bought an ice cream maker!

Laughing Cow Deli-Light Blue Cheeses - YUCK!! They tasted like feet to me but then I can't stand blue cheese normally so god knows why I bought them!

I had some of these on their own and they were quite strong, however, I mixed 4 with a tub of quark and had 3/4 on a jacket potato and the other, i used as a dip with celery and it was lovely.

Chocolate quark ice cream
Meringue nests

Tried butternut squash, very yummy, Loved it in a mash with some swede. Also tried kiwi fruit for the first time this week.

Am addicted to jelly mousses (My own take on SW mousse recipe), Just make up 200ml of any sugar free jelly and stir in two pots of any mullerlight and leave in fridge to set. Just had an orange sugar free jelly mixed with apricot and mandarin mullerlights, soo good! (I usually make up 3 servings, half a sin each.)

venison sausages mmm yummy at only 1/2 each

I've just brought chicory on a yellow sticker at Tesco, so that's my new thing this week - no idea what to do with it!

Sharwoods Cantonese Curry Sauce 12 Syns per jar we divided it between three of us so 4 syns
we had it with rice and SW chips and it tasted JUST like Chinese Curry (my takeaway downfall)

I also tried the laughing cow blue cheese and loved it on a jacket potato,

This evening I cooked 'Soba noodles' (japanese wholewheat noodles with buckwheat) They are made by 'Clearsprings' and are free. They were really delicious with my pork & veg stirfry!X

Back