What have you tried New to eat this week?

Stuffed Butternut Squash. Cut it in half. Oven for 30 minutes. Then fill with previously cooked tomatoes and mushrooms and onion etc. then pop back in the oven with a healthy extra bit of cheese or mozzarella. I absolutely love it and it is so filling.

you can fill it with anything you like too. Cous cous etc.

My new favourite thing - Tesco Meatfree Burgers. Taste like BURGER and are 1/2 a syn each on all plans. Just reviewed them on my blog. They are DIVINE!!

Quorn haters, don't be afraid. EAT!

I managed to get some of the Kellogg's Fibre Plus Cereal Bars yesterday from Tesco. I bought both the Chocolate & Almond and the Milk Chocolate, and I tried the Milk Chocolate last night.

O.M.G.

How good are they!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have started eating creme fraiche, however, i'm not sure if its a coincidence or not but I have a small patch of dermititis on my thumb and it has got much worse since eating creme fraiche daily :( it has now gone onto my fingers . I am wondering if this has made it worse.

My hubby has eczema and it cleared when he stopped eating yoghurt :confused:

Will stop eating it to see if it goes away, I was really enjoying it to :D

Hey, I don't know if you realise but unless you have the WW creme fraiche which is only half a syn per level tbsp...the low in fat one is something like 3 or 4.. I know it is a lot higher.. just something to consider when you are eating it everyday :confused: x xx

Hey, I don't know if you realise but unless you have the WW creme fraiche which is only half a syn per level tbsp...the low in fat one is something like 3 or 4.. I know it is a lot higher.. just something to consider when you are eating it everyday :confused: x xx

Just looked in my SW Bible and it says that reduced fat creme fraiche is 1.5 syns for 1 level tbsp, 2.5 for 28g.

Just looked in my SW Bible and it says that reduced fat creme fraiche is 1.5 syns for 1 level tbsp, 2.5 for 28g.

Okay, not as high as I had off the top of my head I just knew it was higher than fromage fraise. :confused: Thanks anyway WelshChick. Although from another thread I have seen that WW creme fraiche is only half a syn.

Hi guys, thought it would be nice to keep this thread going as it's fun to try new things and we may inspire each other!! Today I tried Asda Extra Special raspberry & mint cocktail beetroot! It was really really delicious and great as a syn free snack!!X

I tired Helmans Fat Free Vingrette and you know what, it wansnt half bad as it goes. Was expecting worse!

Today I tried Asda Extra Special raspberry & mint cocktail beetroot!
That sounds like my idea of food heaven. Is that chilled, or in a jar? I NEED some! (Yes, I know I have 4 tubs of beetroot salad in the fridge already...)

It really is heaven!! It's chilled, with all the salad stuff! A 150g punnet. I wasn't too sure about beetroot with raspberry and mint, but thought I'd be adventurous and the flavours REALLY work well!! Go and get some, I dare ya!!!X

That sounds like my idea of food heaven. Is that chilled, or in a jar? I NEED some! (Yes, I know I have 4 tubs of beetroot salad in the fridge already...)

Just a thought! You could always buy a bottle of raspberry vinegar and make your own marinade along with fresh mint...... I loved the babyness of the beetroot though! So cute!!X

mullerlight orange and dark chocolate yoghurt! lush!

I made the SW coronation chicken which is just yummy and great for sandwiches, with salad or on jacket spuds. Then with the chicken stock and poached the chicken in for the above I made the chicken and noodle soup which is very filling, delicious and so easy to make.

HADDOCK BAKE

Now this may sound GROSS but it is really lovely !!!

Get a piece of smoked haddock,wrap a couple of slices of bacon round it...put it in an oven proof dish and add a little pepper.Pour enough milk on it to poach it for about 20 mins.When cooked pour the milk away and pop a poached egg ontop !!! as you have poured all the milk away it is sin free...

christine x:eek:

Now this may sound GROSS but it is really lovely !!!

Get a piece of smoked haddock,wrap a couple of slices of bacon round it...put it in an oven proof dish and add a little pepper.Pour enough milk on it to poach it for about 20 mins.When cooked pour the milk away and pop a poached egg ontop !!! as you have poured all the milk away it is sin free...

christine x:eek:

I saw a recipe very similar to that on the internet the other day - it looked lovely! :) I've got some smoked haddock in the freezer to use! xx

...And on Mothering Sunday I tried a scrummy new ice cream flavour - ginger fairing, so lush! I guesstimated its syns, so all on plan!!

LOLOL - Didn't realise this thread went so far back and just had one of those heart-stop moments thinking I'd missed Mothers Day recently. (Talk about dippy!!!)

I tried those little donut-peaches because they were on offer. Lovely! Very sweet and a lot easier to eat without getting peach juice all over the place.

Hi guys, thought it would be nice to keep this thread going as it's fun to try new things and we may inspire each other!! Today I tried Asda Extra Special raspberry & mint cocktail beetroot! It was really really delicious and great as a syn free snack!!X

Where do I look for this? Is it refrigerated or in a jar?? Sounds lush - I love beetroot.

Back