What have you tried New to eat this week?

I tried making my own fajita wraps after reading how many syns in a normal tortilla wrap and wanting to cry! so I made some wraps using 28g of flour, 2 eggs and a drop of water whisked together and fried into pancakes and it was quite yummy...it did still taste omelette-y though lol. :)

this are lovely but perfer double choc skinny cow ones to help with my choc addiction hehe

Oooh had a real treat today!! I had my first Skinny Cow mint double choc icecream lolly (4.5syns so not too costly!!) It was sooo delicious!! Quite lightweight, but really creamy and yummy I felt like I was having something luxurious! I would recommend to all who enjoy mint choc chip!XXX

I tried Quorn fajita strips for the first time yesterday - just picking at them from the fridge when I got home from work a little peckish - they're really nice (for the non-Quorn haters of course!!)

Having the rest of the packet today in a Jacket pot with cottage cheese.

Also made a thai green vegetable curry on Saturday from scratch - it was delish! But not very SW friendly - whole tin of light coconut milk made 4 servings, plus used a little bit of oil in the paste and to fry the paste... very yummy though!

This week I have tried mugshots, very nice. Quorn sausage - pass me the bucket! lol. Last night I made the mushy pea curry which was absolutely delicious. My OH doesn't like mushy peas so was very dubious when I gave it to him for tea but he wolfed it down.

Oh yes, we also tried the Fish Pie from the new SW mag, it was so/so, far too much potato, so if I make it again I think I will halve the amount of potato on top.

have you tried tinned chick pea dahl, I am joining slimming world again tomorrow night and when i did it before it was a life saver, its made by sundar (you can get in asda and morrisons) it used to be free on a green day but since SW have got onto the whole salt content thing I dont know if it counts as syns. I used to have it with rice and it is like having a curry without loads of syns maybe worth looking it up...its yummy xx:)

I had Tesco's Mini Blinis for breakfast (tiny russian pancakes, about 6cm diameter) which I griddled lightly and on top I had Quark mixed with lemon juice, smoked salmon and a wisp of dill! They were lipsmackingly gorgeous!! The blinis are 1.5 syns each and can be found in the smoked salmon section in Tescos.X

Have started eating creme fraiche, however, i'm not sure if its a coincidence or not but I have a small patch of dermititis on my thumb and it has got much worse since eating creme fraiche daily :( it has now gone onto my fingers . I am wondering if this has made it worse.

My hubby has eczema and it cleared when he stopped eating yoghurt :confused:

Will stop eating it to see if it goes away, I was really enjoying it to :D

I tried Kiwi fruit, very nice, I remember trying it years ago but not liking it. I know my tastebuds have changed (I now like celery & marmite) so thought I'd give it a whirl.

I've also bought some mustard powder to mix with quark something I've never tried before.

I tried Kiwi fruit, very nice, I remember trying it years ago but not liking it. I know my tastebuds have changed (I now like celery & marmite) so thought I'd give it a whirl.

I've also bought some mustard powder to mix with quark something I've never tried before.

For me, Kiwi fruit have to be really ripe to taste nice. If not they can be a bit acidic. If you like the green ones you might also like the golden ones. A bit more expensive, but lovely.

oooh what a good idea...I miss being able to just stick a spoonful of jarred pesto on pasta and couscous etc so maybe the curry powder will work as an alternative!

Sainsburys or asda low fat pesto is only 1 syns for 1tbsp I have it all the time

From someone's recommendation on here I've had Asda chick pea dhal twice this week with plain rice both free on green and an asda wholemeal pitta Hexb

filling meal in about 5 minutes as I use the frozen rice too

Last edited:
Sainsburys or asda low fat pesto is only 1 syns for 1tbsp I have it all the time

From someone's recommendation on here I've had Asda chick pea dhal twice this week with plain rice both free on green and an asda wholemeal pitta Hexb

filling meal in about 5 minutes as I use the frozen rice too

Thankyou for the pesto tip! The dahl and rice sounds lovely too!

The dahl is to die for!! I don't go to Asda very often because it's out of my way, but when I do I stock up on tins of this, wholemeal pittas (the only existing pitta bread HEXb), Quark cheese (it's nicer than the ones sold in other supermarkets) and Thai flavoured Mugshots (the only supermarket in our area that sell my fave flavour!) I will add low fat pesto to the list!!!X

Back