What im Looking Forward too...

DizzyFlowers

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to share with you all what im most looking forward to doin once i start losing weight and feeling more confident...

I want to take my 2 year old son swimming. Hes never been.

And thats down to me, i dont feel confident enough to wear anything other than jeans and a top to cover my belly let alone a swimming costume thats going to stick to me!!!

is this really selfish? iv spoke to a few friends about it and they seem to think so, but given that they are all a size 8 and have no body hang ups they dont understand.

Im really excited about it, i no he'l really enjoy himself, and il be more relaxed and will enjoy it too!

what is everyone else looking forward too? or have done since losing weight?

xx

If you're being selfish, then I am too! I have a 10 month old son who I bet would love to go to the swimming pool, but I am never getting myself into a swimming costume at this weight! People who are slim can't understand how you feel about your own body, and the self-consciousness you feel (if you're anything like me!)

I'm not waiting til I'm super slim to take my little one swimming, just down to a more "normal" size, and whenever I feel confident enough to do so. You're right, if you are more relaxed and enjoying it more, so will your little one.

I'm also looking forward to taking my son to the park and being able to run around with him without getting out of breath!

I don't think you're being selfish either. I know that if you did something like that you weren't comfortable with , your child would pick up on your mood and the fact you weren't happy. You'll have all the time in the world to catch up and when you do, just think of how enthusiastic and positive you'll be and how wonderful you can make the experiences for your little lad then. I had the same problems, still have a bit. It's never going to be too late, your baby knows you love him and he's happy. Thats what matters .

You are definitely not selfish at all.

There isn't a chance in hell I will ever ever even think about getting into a swimming costume let alone do it in PUBLIC!! :eek:

But once I am down to a more reasonable weight (even a size 16 would do!) then I will happily (okay maybe not happily as there will still be lots of flab and stretch marks but you know what I mean lol) grab the baby and get in the pool with the kids and DH.

I know they would love it.

So know that you are not alone :)

What a great thing to look forward to :D

Last edited:
Thnks guys, its nice to no im not the only one! been feeling like the wicked witch for a long time!

your all right, hes enjoy it soo much more if im happy with it, hopefully in a few months il b proud to were a swim suit, but for the minute id rather not!!! lol.

iv defo got to shift this weight, my son has got so much energy and wants me to take him to the park all the time, i do but struggle on the way home cos our apartments on top of a hill!!! so running around the park (ok maybe not running) then climbing a hill home is a workout!

well all be in out swimsuits soon enough!!

xxx

I would just like to say... I was/am a size 22/24 (more 22 than 24 now though!) and I swim a lot. I used to feel the same as you do. But it is the only exercise I have ever enjoyed so I plucked up the courage and went. And do you know what... there is ALWAYS someone who looks worse in a swimming costume than me (and that is saying something!). Plus, once you're in the water, no one can see you anyway! It is great exercise when you are overweight as there is less strain on your joints - I really recommend it. Be brave! :)

i felt like this, but to be honest, if anybody is thinking anything, it's 'well done for doing some exercise' rather than 'oh my god look at her'.

plus, now i'm a size 18 i'm not that fussed. and i just got back from my honeymoon where i lazed about in a bikini every single day, and there was ALWAYS someone that looked worse than me, fatter or thinner it didn't matter.

abz xx

I know how you feel! you would just love to do that for your son, but you're to ashamed of yourself!

It;s not selfish in my opinion, just something you have to get over with. I am going swimming with my daughter, ever since she was 10 weeks old. And honestly, im not the only one my size there, and nobody is looking strangly at me!

I do know the feeling about wanting to be able to play and walk and run with your child when you loose weight!
I saw a documentaire that had a women in it that lost over 100 kg. Her "moodswitch" was that her little boy ran into a heavy travic street and she couldnt run after him to prevent him from doing it. It all went well luckely but she realised she couldnt stand for his safety this way.
When i saw that i realise i never ever want to reach that point! (and i already have trouble running, i guess im lucky my girl isnt by far yet ready to run :) )

I'd say! Just go and swim with your little boy!! :D i'm sure youll be so mesmarised by the way hes responding that you'll forget yourself! (thats what i have :))

Go and enjoy the water with your little boy and stick two fingers up at everyone else lol! I live in a hot country so I have no excuses about going to a pool (just downstairs) or beach (5 min walk). It just wouldn't be fair on my toddler to keep him stuck indoors when nearly every kid in town is at the beach, so I go and I look like a blob right now, but I don't give a hoot what people think, because I am doing something about it and I'm caring for my child at the same time! When I go I focus on him, and I chat to other mothers too so I can't be that scary lol. So enjoy it and you'll lose those pounds in the process. :)

I must admit that although I hate being in a swimsuit swimming is about the only exercise that I both enjoy & am capable of doing at the moment. I try to go a couple of times a week & I'm a size 30/32 so practically always the fattest around, which is why I often go at 7am! :eek:
Ultimately it doesn't matter what anyone else says about no one looking at you, or you're not that big in comparison to others, it's just down to how you feel about yourself. If it's any consolation I have two friends (both of whom are gorgeous) who will not get into a swimming pool under any circumstances, one is a size 14, the other an 8.

Back