What is a reasonable WL goal for 5 weeks?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Torsie24, 25 August 2009 Social URL.

1. Torsie24

Torsie24 Full Member

I am joining SW this Thursday, and am going on holiday 5 weeks on Thursday.

I was thinking to aim for 8lb by my trip. Is that reasonable? Would 10 be possible?

I know from past experience I need to have goals which are achievable, but then I've read such awesome stories of peolpe losing 6lb their first week!

I'd love for my shorts I've bought to be a little looser by then. :D

(I'm 5'4" and 14 stone, in case it helps anyone)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. LisaC

LisaC Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Hiya,

I started SW in March & in my 1st 5 weeks I'd lost 9.5lbs so its do-able! Im 5'4(& a half) & my starting weight was 13'0.5 so not far off the same as you.

I know they always say your first week is your best loss but my week one loss was only 1.5lbs but after that I lost 3lbs then 4.5lbs so its different with everyone but 8-10lbs in 5 weeks is acheivable!

4. Vixxster

Vixxster Nojo on the YoYo

Start Weight:
    19st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi hun, I think we have a very similar amount of weight to lose. I'm planning on getting my half stone at WI tomorrow!

My first week was 4.5lbs, I ate 2 roast dinners, bacon butties, 2 fry ups, countless cups of tea, cheese on toast, burgers, chips, fried eggs and mushy peas.

nom nom nom!

5. Littleslimmingbee

Littleslimmingbee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I'd say doing it right, .. i mean weighing your HE's using your syns.. and stocking up on all the good stuff.. a stone is managable for your first 5 weeks.. but i think your aim of 8-10lbs is more than reasonable.

:) xxxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.