WHAT IS IT WITH SCAN BRAN??

misscookie

I have bought some scan bran from my meeting last night and I have just made a cheese and marmite loaf thingy(?)

My Consultant said that it really aids weight loss and that I should try and have about 15 a week. I was wondering how it worked and would there be any side affects (if you know what I mean ???!!??) being bran?

It would be great if anybody could explain how it works and if they think it has benefited them.

Ta in advance.
:D

They (SW) always say this, funny that you can buy it in group and they get a percentage of sales. Or is that me being cyncial!!

I don't know how it aids weight loss other than it can keep you regular. However, if I have 2 or 3 then it's fine, If I have the 5 allowed for a B choice then it has the opposite effect and I get constipated!!

Think that the logic - cynicism and bowel movements!!!

I think it is because bran cannot be broken down in our bodies so basically 'passes through' pretty quickly

(I have no medical qualifications, so that may be wrong!)

Either way, scan bran is the food of the devil- it is depressing diet food- and I am being cynical with Jaylou about the SW scanbran pushers. lol

Some people love it, though- but 15 a week? Cripes! Thats like eating a brick!
x

It is an acquired taste I think, some love it others hate it, a bit like marmite really.....

I can manage 2 Scan Bran and it keeps me 'regular' but any more than that and it 'bungs' me up......

I suppose as Jaylou says it does keep you regular so you it does help weight loss in that way, my advice is if you eat more than 2 slices a day, then drink plenty of water with it!!! Be warned.

Hi StaceyUK, I made this today, and its and an acquired taste but fills a gap!! The kids tried some and it didn't go down to well!!!

Also I saw your photos on the Before and After thread - amazing weight loss!

Cheesy Marmite Loaf (1HxA & 1HxB) or 12 syns for Loaf.

4 x Scan Bran/Oat Bran
1 x Weetabix
2tsp marmite
42g reduced fat cheddar, grated
3 x eggs

Soak scan bran in boiling water for a couple of minutes, drain.

Add crumbled weetabix, eggs and marmite, mix together.

Fold in cheese.

Pour into ovenproof dish, cook gas mark 5, 20-30 minutes.

Bon Appetit!!:)

LOL I dont know what it is with scan bran, they are gross, I use them in the chocolate weetabix mix cake, you can vary the flavour with cadbury options I personally like the choclate orange one best,
I dont like them dry though one of the girls in my group has them with philly and mashed banana on top and she loves them! each to their own I say!

im still getting through the ferrero roche i made with them 3 days ago they definatly keep you regular !!!!! Was saving my syns for a drink tonight with hubby but hes fallen asleep on the sofa so may aswell have some chocolate instead lol

im still getting through the ferrero roche i made with them 3 days ago they definatly keep you regular !!!!! Was saving my syns for a drink tonight with hubby but hes fallen asleep on the sofa so may aswell have some chocolate instead lol

Oooooh, if i could have anything that remotely tasted as nice as Ferrero Rocher on this plan i would be very happy.

Can we have the recipe please? And is it really edible? :confused:

One woman advised me not to get scan bran at my meeting the other night cos she said it is truly awful. If anyone can show me otherwise i would be chuffed. :D

I quite like Scan Bran. I have them with cottage cheese and fruit, or in place of bread with a meal. They taste a bit like cardboard at first, but once you are used to them it's fine.

yes its edible and lovely with a cup of tea
u need 8 scan bran 4 level tbsp nutella
1 level tbsp golden syrup and 1 tbsp water

put the scan bran into blender till it looks like bread crumbs
mix in all ingredients and divide into petit four cases
makes about 30

26 syns for all 30 so i split them over a few days but for some odd reason my 12 year old son whos a very fussy eater seems to like scan bran and was eaten it out of the packet !!!!!!!!

That does sound quite intriguing. I may just give that a go next week.

Thanks ;)

Back