What is your Ideal weight?

9 and a half stone - wishful thinking (for time being anyway)

I'm aiming for between 12 and 12 st 7 simply because looking at my sisters, and knowing what they weigh, aiming lower would turn me into 'lollipop head'
angry-sq.gif
It will also depend on if the clothes/sizes I want to fit in work - only time will tell :D
My ideal weight would be about 120 pds, but I have never been able to get below 174, so I would be VERY HAPPY to get there.;)

I have a pic of myself as a kid at 11-12st, obv it was too heavy for an 11yo but I'm a bit taller now than I was so that might be ok now. In all honesty after so many years of weighing twice as much as I should, I'd be ecstatic to get back there as an adult.

9 and a half!

My goal weight is 8st13lbs. Just to be in the 8s. Lol. :)

Due to my own insecurities I have researched this topic ad nauseum. BMI is an approximation, based on two different variables (height and weight). It is ironic that fat content is not included in this calculation, since this is roughly what people are wanting to know about, but fat is not so easy to measure. Height and weight are.

Weight is not particularly useful, like I said, because it doesn't deal with muscle, bone, gender etc. Height is flawed as well, because height is composed of a few different things. There is the length of your legs. This varies quite a bit (it also varies with race), so one weight index measures your sitting height (sorry, I can't remember the name of it, it also uses your upper arm length). Another flaw of BMI is that your weight is divided by your height squared. Nature is unlikely to design people with a body which is the same thickness but width (the distance from your left side to your right side) is proportional to height. As it happens, Wikipedia says that the value is to the power of about 2.6, but most people don't understand that, and can't work out how to calculate it anyway.

Bone structure can be calculated from your wrist measurement (which seems to not have much fat on it) although who knows how accurate this is. Muscle structure probably could be calculated from how strong you are.

Because of all of this, I simply disregard BMI for individuals and prefer to rely on body fat percentage. The best piece of equipment to use is a full-length mirror, if you are happy with what you see then that is your ideal weight.

Back