What is your number 1 favourite meal

Quorn Sausages, instant mash (Sainsburys) and processed peas + instant vegetarian gravy.

I love this, when I just cannot be bothered to cook.

hi. just saw the recipe for the cheesecake. is there anything else you need to add to it to make it set as I can imagine options mixed in with quark would be quite runny?

My favourite is a recipe I learnt in Egypt for lentil soup (called ads).

So easy to make, zero syns and it freezes well. I try to always have a pan on the go gor those snack attack moments. There are so many ways to make it, like adding potao or carrots or using stock instead of water but this is how I do it:

Recipe

2 cups red lentils
3 cloves garlic
1 onion
2 tomatoes (use passata if no fresh toms)
cumin
Vermicelli
salt and pepper to taste

Put lentils, roughly chopped garlic and onion, tomatoes, salt and pepper, cumin in a pan .... add plenty of water and simmer for about 25 mins to half hour ... keep adding water if necessary.

Liquidise, add a little more water and the vermicelli ... keep stirring or the pasta will stick to the bottom of the pan. At the same time, if it's to your taste, finely chop an onion and fry in fry light until almost burnt. Pour out your bowl of soup and sprinkle the fried onion on top.

The thickness of the soup will depend on your taste, it can be runny or thick enough to stand your spoon in ... but it tastes yummy and is so filling.

Hi im new to all this- iv only joined SW and this site... Im finding it really hard with knowing what to eat and I used to eat alot of sweet foods. Does anybody know the reciepe for SW pancakes?? I duno were I should be commenting asking for this but I'll try here... In the meantime i'll post my favourite (some may find it strange but i quite enjoy it)...

Easy chicken curry...

Chicken breasts, onions, mushrooms, peppers, frylite, and for the sauce- baked beans, mushy peas and chic peas- these 3 tins are emptied into the blender and belnd! easy! its sounds abit daft but it works... just add as much curry powder as you like... then add to the fried chicken and vegs and simmer!! its so easy my consultant told me about it and iv made it twice already so try it out!! great way of using the speed foods!

My favourite standby recipe is a bit of a cheat and has 2.5 syns, but it can be made in less than 10 mins in one pot, so it's ideal for me at the end of a busy day!

Quick cook penne
1 tbsp sacla fiery chilli pesto
Leeks, mushrooms, peas (I chop the leeks and mushrooms and add them and the peas to the pasta to cook together)

You can also throw in cooked chicken breast, or chopped quorn sausages if you're really hungry!

Sometimes I substitute the pesto for Philly light with garlic, or sweet chilli and add a spoon of ff fromage frais too...

Just love this site!!!
I've never ate so well & so much since starting SW!!! :D

Simple Moroccan chicken (half a syn for the whole lot!)
8 pieces chicken drumsticks/thighs, skin removed
1tsp cumin
1tsp paprika
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp salt
frylight
3 cloves garlic
1 tbsp tomato puree (1/2 syn)
1 onion
Whatever veg you have/like. I like a handful of fresh tomatoes, chestnut mushrooms, yellow peppers, courgettes, whatever's in the fridge!

1. Preheat oven to 180C
2. Whiz all spices, garlic, tomato puree and onion together to make a paste. Spray a deep oven dish with frylight and put your chicken in, coat it both sides with the paste.
3. Cover the dish and cook for 30 mins
4. Remove the lid, chuck in your chopped up chunky veg on top with a couple more sprays of frylight and cook without the cover on for a further 30min.
5. Serve it up with couscous or a jacket potato.

I love this recipe as it's stuff I always have in the cupboard anyway. It is absolutely scrummy, I make extra to have for my lunch the next day :D

mine isn't a meal but when i have salad i pour it on everything, my local curry house gave me the recipe for mint sauce dip.
measurements are trial and error.
fat free plain yogurt
fresh corriander
sweetner
lemon juice
pinch chilli or fresh chilli
blend all together, this is same as the curry houses and delicious with chicken tikka and salad. ENJOY.

my favourite quick recipe is Stuffed chicken wrapped in bacon with cous cous;

Chicken breast
2 rashers of bacon- fat removed
teaspoon or minced chillies from a jar
packet of flavoured cous cous
tin chopped tomatoes
1 tsp dried mixed herbs
1 tsp bourlion (vegetable stock)

Add tomatoes, herbs and stock powder to a small saucepan & leave to reduce while preparing the rest of the meal.
Preheat oven 200c
slice the chicken in half, but still together & spread minced chillies in opening (to taste).
Close chicken up and lay bacon across chicken breast & tuck ends underneath place on baking tray & cook for 20mins, or until cooked through.
Prepare cous cous as per pack instructions
serve with side salad/steamed vegetable of choice

This is a lovely meal- in face i first started making it before i even joined SW- but it seems to tick all the boxes, which is great :D

I use the tomato sauce quite often, as i haven't looked a syn values of creamy sauces- id have with fish, i sometimes have this same meal, but with a roasted piece of salmon- which would actually then be less prep.
I also have the sauce, without the herbs, blend the tomatoes & use as a kind of tomato ketchup with SW wedges.

You could use cheese if you prefer to stuff, but it would be synned/ HE.

I love this fake-away donor kebabs :)
Ingredients:
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
500g/1.1 lb lamb mince

Method:
Preheat oven to gas mark 4/180C/350F

In a large bowl, combine , dried oregano, dried Italian herbs, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper.

Add the lamb mince and mix thoroughly for 2-3 minutes. Take out all of your aggression on the kebab mixture, punching and kneading until no air pockets remain and the kebab meat is extremely smooth.

Shape the seasoned mince into a loaf and place on a baking tray.

Bake in the middle shelf of the oven for 1 hour 20 minutes, turning the loaf half way through the cooking time to ensure even browning.

Once cooked, remove from the oven and cover with foil. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.

Slice the donor kebab as thinly as possible and serve with pitta, salad and sauces!!!

a quick favorite of mine and dh's is tinned mackerel fillets in tomato sauce mixed through tagliatelle, we love it. dh also makes a great chicken korma:
chicken (we used the diced frozen chicken from iceland (£4) for the bag)
onion

1 teaspoon each of:
Tumeric
Cumin
Coriander

2 tablespoons of Curry powder
sweetener (up to yourself really, just keep tasting it and if you think it needs more put more in)

total zero yoghurt small tub

fry the chicken and onion in a pan until defrosted/cooked. add the tumeric, cumin, coriander and curry powder, and stir until chicken and onion is all covered. take off the heat and stir in the total zero yoghurt.

enjoy with boiled rice or slimming world chips OR both!!

also another favourite for us if we fancy some sweet:

syn free rice pudding (using milk from your allowance)
150g pudding rice
250 mls of milk
450 mls of water
6-8 tablespoons of sweetner

just put everything into a pot and cook, stirring constantly until it thickens up and goes all gooey. you can add more sweetner if you want. delicious!!

I have lots of favourite 'meals' that I do but a favourite VERY SIMPLE and easy dessert is the quicky cheescake:

quark with 2 white choc options mixed into it - 2 alpen light bars slightly warmed and mashed into a small dish and spread the quark mixture over the top - to me this is JUST LIKE a new york style cheesecake and is ONLY 10 syns for the whole cheesecake or just 4 syns if you use the alpen lights as a heb.

Half of course is 2 syns or 5 syns.

Lovely.

Thanks for sharing your recipe, i have just made this and it is amazing and so simple.:)

my favourite sw recipe right now is the beef lasagne..really tasty and only 1.5 syns :D and its very easy to make too :bunnydance:

Either the Donna Kebab with salad, extra light mayo and syn free chilli sauce...

or...

Beef stir-fry made with lots and lots of veg, and half a nest of extra fine noodles per person. I use cajun-spice, a beef oxo, soya sauce, ginger and garlic. Ooooohhh yeahhhhh. Having that tonight.

Really fancy trying the quark cheesecake - might mix up the whole pot of quark as cheesecake topping and try it on one of those sweet ryvitas.

At the moment I'm loving the SW egg fried rice

113g/4oz dried rice
Fry Light, for spraying
1 onion, finely chopped
57g/2oz mushrooms, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
57g/2oz frozen peas
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce
2 eggs, beaten

1. Cook the rice according to the packet instructions.
2. Meanwhile, spray a large frying pan with Fry Light and cook the onion, mushrooms and garlic for 5 minutes. Add the cooked rice, peas and Worcestershire or soy sauce.
3. Pour the eggs over the mixture and cook over a low heat stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until the egg has set. Serve with a fresh salad or Free vegetables of your choice.

I did this last night and put some strips of bacon in it and it was gorgeous! I'm going to try it in the week and put some prawns in instead. Everyone in the house couldn't get enough. What I normally do is make a big batch of the plain egg fried rice and keep it in a big tupperware box in the fridge and then when I fancy some for lunch or with my dinner I grab a portion to reheat and add whatever I fancy to it. Only problem is my other half keeps sneaking some out of the fridge so there's never any left when I want it lol
After reading this recipe this morning, I went straight out and made this egg fried rice recipe. I now have to resist eating it before lunch, it looks great, I will try it with some bacon as well!!!

Back