What is your number 1 favourite meal

Sorry I missed this Lily :eek: Yes 'twas I that said I don't like celery :yuk: and just in case, I tried it again whilst making the soup and it's still :yuk: to me, but it's ok in the soup. I think because it takes on the seasonings quite well. Very glad about that really as I know celery is 'good for you' ;) Still wish I liked it raw :sigh: Ach well ;)
Love the soup btw, did I say that - :rotflmao:

Ah well if you can eat it in the soup that's a bonus ...hmm not sure if you did say you liked it or not ...so do you? :giggle: xx

Penne Arabiatta

My ultimate fave recipe is penne arrabiatta :) I had it in a lovely little Italian once and am always trying to recreate the wonderful taste.
Soooo good!!

1. Chop three chillis, and 3 garlic cloves and fry in fry light.
2. Stir in a tin of chopped tomatoes. Season with s&p.
3. Add beef/veg stock cube to cup of water and stir in.
4. Simmer and thicken with tomatoe purée. (Add lemon juice(dash) and tbsp of sweetner if desired.)
5. Serve with drained penne pasta

Free on Green!

On EE days I add an onion and some lean mince to the chilli and garlic and serve with crisp green salad!

Mine is chinese chicken curry - mmmmmmm!! The fact that it tastes exactly like that you get from a chinese take away, it feels so so naughty but its not - 2 syns :gimi:

Get a box of this - Mayflower Chinese Curry Sauce Original 255g: Amazon.co.uk: Grocery

Each box contains 3 portions, each portion is 4 syns, but serves 2 people generously. Its blumming gorgeous!!

I would love to try the chicken curry recipes but I live the states and can't find passata. Can I use an alternative that is syn free?:confused:
basically just get tinned tomato and sieve
i got this from a canadian web site

If you can't find it in a store on this side of the Atlantic (apparently it's just pouring off the shelves in the UK), you can drain and sieve canned tomatoes to make uncooked passata in any quantity you need. A food mill will work especially well for this.

Lamb Rogan Josh
In this mild curry, flavoured with dry-roasted spiced, the lamb releases its delicious juices during a slow, gentle cooking process.
Serves: 4
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Syns per serving:
0.5 0.5
75g/3oz fat-free natural yogurt
2 tsp mild chilli powder
2 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp ground cumin
4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
2 tsp peeled and finely grated ginger
½ tsp tumeric
600g/1lb 6oz lamb neck fillet or leg steak, all visible fat removed
300g/11oz onions, peeled and finely chopped
2 tbsp tomato purée
salt
Fry Light
3 dried bay leaves, crumbled
6 green cardamom pods, lightly crushed
5cm/2in cinnamon stick
4 cloves
½ tsp grated nutmeg
2 tbsp freshly chopped mint leaves
4 tbsp freshly chopped coriander leaves
1. Place the yogurt, chilli, ground coriander, cumin, garlic, ginger and tumeric in a small bowl and mix.
2. Cut the lamb into 5cm/2in cubes, place them in a large non-stick frying pan with the onions, place over a medium heat and stir until the mixture begins to sizzle. Add the yogurt mixture, reduce the heat to low, cover tightly and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the lamb releases its juices.
3. Uncover the pan, increase the heat to medium and cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring frequently, until the sauce has reduced to a paste-like consistency. Add the tomato purée and 350ml/12fl oz of boiling water, season with salt, cover and leave to simmer for 15-20 minutes.
4. Spray a small frying pan with Fry Light and place over a low heat. Add the bay leaves, cardamom, cinnamon and cloves and allow to sizzle for 40-45 seconds. Pour the contents of this pan over the meat along with the nutmeg, stir to mix, cover tightly and cook gently for another 12-15 minutes or until the meat is tender. Remove from the heat and stir in the fresh mint and coriander before serving.
Tip: Don't let the amount of spices used in this dish put you off - you could use 1 tbsp medium curry powder instead if you want.
Its alot of preperation but well worth it!

I love the sound of this recipe!! Do you think it would work using a cheaper meat such as chicken or turkey or would it not bring out the best flavours?

Hi,im new, been on sw for 4 weeks, been before and lost a stone and a hal.f but sticking to it this time. My favorite has to be the classic chicken curry from the curry book. Once you have bought the spices the first time, you can make loads of the recipes. It tastes better than any curry ive eaten in a restaurant

CHICKEN CAKE !!!

Hey Laurie, I finally got round to making your Chicken Cake today....omg how delicious is that, I felt like I was eating chicken pie but without the pastry and it was a huge hit with the family too...going to definitely be making that again, thanks for putting up the recipe on the site x

I'm loving the Syn Free Cous Cous cake! (Hopefully i've not eaten too much of it though!!)

I also tried the Syn Free Curry last night. Very tasty!!

I'm new to SW so my fav dish could very well change but at the moment it's the tikka masala!

Very quick and easy to make and it's yummy! My boyfriend loved it too!

I missed out the seeds and the turmeric as didn't have these and I also pan fried the chicken rather than grilling to make it quicker - still tasted amazing!

Cannot wait to try the Cola Chicken - very intrigued by that one, thanks!

Tikka Masala

1. Spray 4 chicken breasts with low calorie cooking spray, season and place under a hot grill for 15-16 minutes, turning once, until cooked through. Remove and, when cool, cut into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
  2. Using a fine grater, grate 2 large shallots and 3 cloves of garlic (both peeled) into a bowl. Spray a large non-stick frying pan with Fry Light and place over a medium heat. Add the shallot and garlic mixture with ½ tsp crushed cardamom seeds, ½ tsp turmeric and 1 tbsp tikka masala powder (or tandoori spice blend powder). Stir-fry for 1 minute and then add 4 tablespoons of passata.
  3. Add the chicken and ¼ pt stock made with Chicken Bovril, then cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring often. Add 113g/4oz fat free natural fromage frais, season to taste and remove from the heat. Drizzle over a little more fromage frais and garnish with chopped coriander and lime wedges, if desired.

Mushy pea curry is the way forward with me i love it. Make it with 400g of mushy peas, tin of beans, onion and curry powder. Just fry the onion in a little frylight, Add water and add the curry powder and jsut let it steam fry slowly. Then add peas and beans and sorted. I get 4 lots form that. I serve it with a portion of rice and a verity of vegetables. Tonight i had roasted red onions, peppers and courgettes(garlic granules and some fry light squirted on top) and lots of greens was awesome. Roasted carrot and beetroot with cumin seeds was nice as well.

I really like the sound of this as my boyfriend and I both adore mushy peas..just one question though and I hope it's not too silly...what kind of beans do you use?

thanks in advance! :)

chickadee83 said:
I really like the sound of this as my boyfriend and I both adore mushy peas..just one question though and I hope it's not too silly...what kind of beans do you use?

thanks in advance! :)

Baked beans. Sounds vile but is delicious

Shelski said:
Baked beans. Sounds vile but is delicious

I originally thought it would be baked beans but then thought maybe not as it doesn't sound like a nice combo!!!

I have an open mind though so I'll give it a go :). Thanks :)

chickadee83 said:
I originally thought it would be baked beans but then thought maybe not as it doesn't sound like a nice combo!!!

I have an open mind though so I'll give it a go :). Thanks :)

Sounds interesting, except I don't like mushy peas! Does it taste like mushy peas? x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

well this might seem boring, but it is my fave, chicken and bacon pasta:

pasta, bacon, chicken, mushrooms, quark, pesto,

cook the bacon and chicken, then the mushrooms, throw into freshly cooked warm pasta, mix in quark, then a tablespoon of pesto, grate some parmesan over, quick and delicious, remembering to count pts for parmesan (if not using as an healthy A option), and the pesto, which isn't that many syns per t/bspoon. YUMMY!

This pasta sounds yummy and not in the least boring!

Some days I just can't be bothered cooking so something like this is ideal :). Thanks for sharing!

Back