What made you choose Slimming world?

Wel, I love that you and thousands more love it.

I also love the freedom and the variety.......

Ooo good thread! I love that I can follow this way of eating for the rest of my life and more importantly, I WANT to follow this way of eating for the rest of my life :)

I love that I can lose weight and still enjoy food and I love that it's taught me great habits with food.

I love the fact that I can eat so much and lose weight, and feel it's not like a diet but a way of life!

I also love the fact that I don't have to cook different meals for the rest of the family and that my 3 year old son is eating nice healthy home cooked meals :) x

Like most of u, ive tried the others ... yes ive lost the weight .... 3 stone with WW but i was starving all the time ..... 3 1/2 stone in 9 weeks with Lipotrim but i was ill, cold, tired and looked sick .. not good and as soon as food was reintroduced, the weight went straight back on daily ... quite scary watching the scales going up and up even though i wasnt troughing!!!

How did i find Slimming world??? Well i knew something had to change but i couldnt face the WW/Lipotrim thing and i thought SW was all about all veg days or all meat days and i couldnt do that either .... So one week at the end of June, I went to my childrens school summer fair and a lovely lady handed me a bag with an old magazine in and some other bits and pieces which I brought home, read from cover to cover and thought .... its too good to be true ... lets give it a go and i went to the nearest class one year ago ... not looked back since ..... I went to the summer fair again this year, 5 stone lighter .... got some lovely comments from the kids old teachers and alot of surprised people that i havent seen all year!!!!!

SW is brilliant x

LL certainly not for me but I do think Pauline Quirk looks amazing!

I originally joined as my mum was a member. My head wasn't really in it so I only stuck to it for a month.

I joined again 9 weeks ago and haven't looked back. I love the way I never have to be hungry. I love the fact that my other half has no idea that his meals are 'diet' ones. I love being able to have a little bit of what I fancy.

I just LOVE Slimming World!

I joined SW as I have friends who have lost on it and recommendedit. Also on WW I felt hungery all the time and still put on weight. I feel that SW teaches you healthier choices for the long term. My 6year old has even decided to drop the sugary breakfast and eats All Bran and fruit with me now. No more crunchy nutters with these girls :-D

I've tried WW and it worked but found i was eating rubbish more so than healthy stuff. Did rosemary conleys but couldnt be bothered with all that measuring. Wanted to do LL but too costly and i dont think i'ts a sensible approach, plus a friend has done it numerous times, lost loads each time and put it back on each time and more aswell so not too great. Tried slimming world a few years back and did really well on green days as i was single and a gym bunny at the time. Now i'm married and have a family EE at Sw is by far the best, i'm never hungry it's fab x

Because I wanted to change my lifestyle and reeducate my mind about how and what to eat and not go on a diet - this is a healthy eating plan I hope to carry on for life.

I like the food, the plan is manageable, it is easy to fit into my life and I know it works. I have tried WW and i have to admit i used my point on naughty food and felt it was very restricting.

i tried CD and did well for 2 weeks, but to be honest i like my food and to know i can eat what i love all the time (pasta, rice potatoes) and still lose weight is great, as apposed to counting points! x

To be honest, I chose sw out of desperation:ashamed0005: i'd tried everything else and this was the last resort. To date I have tried-
weight watchers- 3months
slimfast- a few weeks
calorie counting- 6 weeks
dukan-4 days
exante- 1/2 a day!

Been with sw 6 weeks and I LOVE it! I can eat so much, nothing is out of bounds, but I'm learning how to eat healthily. Its teh perfect eating plan :)
I think GPs should recommend to patients such as myself who've been overweigth for a prolonged period of time with potential health problems. If only i'd been told about it a few years ago! Couldve enjoyed my teens :(

I tried WW and stuck it out for four months until I just got sick and tired of working out the points value for every single morsel that passed my lips. I'm loving SW because there's minimal counting involved. I love the wide range of free foods available and that it encourages you to cook from scratch. I've never eaten so healthily. And it's something I think I can sustain over the long term, which is vital to continued success.

Last edited:
I chose SW because a friend of mine started it, and lost about 1.5st in the first 12 weeks- that's with having ME and not being able to exercise. Her eating habits weren't bad, and the plan seemed easy to follow

Another friend of mine offered to pay £25 towards the first countdown, so i accepted, and decided to go to my first group.

The support was amazing, the people there are really nice, and my C is just the loveliest person.

I love the freedom that i get being on SW. i can eat like a pig too and still lose weight.

The VLCD would drive me potty. and really, looking at the scientific point of view- next to no calories= body goes into shock storage mode. so ok, i could lose 5 stone in 2 days, but as soon as i ate anything with any fat in it, i would put it all back on again. That worried me. I'd rather do it properly once, than do it fast 3,4,5 times, ya know?

Also, the slower i do it, the less saggy skin i'll have at the end of it :D which is always good

So i went initially because of my friend. i stay because it works :)

I have tried so many different diets this time around i wanted to do the Cambridge diet but after speaking to the consultant there i fast changed my mind it was extremely expensive and i wouldn't be able to eat which for me would be the end of the world plus i was told no exercise and at the time that didn't appeal to me.

I have done in the past ww, sw, slim fast, calorie counting but i can't be bothered to Sit there counting calories and points it does my head plus i found that i was always making the wrong choices, for instant i once Sat there on ww with a banana for 1 and a half points and a packet of wotsits for the same guaranteed it would be the wotsits every time!

So that's why sw won as it was the easiest to stick to and helps me to make better healthier choices and now with the ee plan its even better!

I'm like many of the posters. I've done WW in the past but got fed up with weighing and counting everything. I've also done RC and felt hungry and deprived.

My cousin posted on FB that she had lost a stone in 5 weeks and knowing that she struggles with weight loss I asked her what she was doing. She told me SW so I decided to give it ago again (tried it 8 years ago) and I've not looked back since.

Hi I chose SW as I would find myself constantly hungry on other diets and found them hard to stick to. Also there is so much choice that you never get bored. Now just got to convince my mum, who is following WW and struggling.

I chose Slimming World as my nearest class is less than 100 yards from my house :D

Lazy or what? Am I missing the point here? :flirt2:

Seriously, when I first started this losing weight lark I was 21 and very self-conscious (aren't we all?).
I was very nervous about going to a class, but when I phoned SW I was told there was a male only class within 5 miles of my house. I went there and was successful.

When I stopped going and the weight went back on I tried lots of different diets and plans, but didn't stick to any of them.

Then, coincidentally, I moved house to where the first class had been all those years ago, and I simply re-joined the original class.

Easy :p

Back