what motivates everyone and keeps you going

One to add to the list. ..... stixking to it to piss off all the negative noras who say it doesmt work and u will never do ot ! Hahaha we will seee ! X

I love that one! Why are they like that? Is it jealousy? Is it that they want you to stay in 'your place'?

I just strung a pair size 10 diesels in my room to look at and fantasize over! OMG how fantastic would that be!

One of the other things that does it for me. When I did this before (sadly I'm a returner!) I remember the feeling of just going to the wardrobe, grabbing something and having total confidence that it would fit. I LOVED that!!!

CrazyDiamond, it's great to hear someone else on the other side of the spectrum - especially saying they can't believe what they've been able to achieve. I am longing for the elusive size 10 but, as someone who's always been at best overweight and at worst morbidly obese, it seems to me that it's physically impossible for my body ever to get so small!

It's not though hun, I'm the same having always been overweight/obese, I'm not a true 10 by any means (size ten jeans are still a dream) but never the less i can fit in some clothes that have that label and that's good enough to me....

About 10 years ago i bought some pants to match a bra, not checking the label (the hanger was wrong) and not realising they were a 10 until the label was ripped off and them only just coming up to my size 18+ knees, kept hold of them and now they fit (the bra is long gone mind!) - I still pick stuff up and think theres no way ill squeeze in! goes to show, doesn't matter how much weight i loose I'm always a fat girl in my mind!

Hi new to the forum, im on day 12 and my main motivator is i need to get a bmi of 30 to be able to qualify for ivf. All they are waiting on is me so i have no excuse :) xx

My motivation is my sons, age 4 and 1 currently. I'm tired of being the fat dad at the baseball games and preschool events. They're too young to notice now, but I'm afraid they'll be ashamed of me when they are older. And aside from that, I want to create a healthy family environment, so I don't pass my bad habits on to them like my mom did to me.

My other motivation is my lovely wife, who has never been ashamed of me, never acted disappointed when my diets have failed. She's always been my support, in this and all other things, and it will make me so happy to give her a good reason to be proud of me.

Aw CF what a lovely post and what great reasons. I bet your wife is proud of you already for tons of reasons, hope you have great success with the diet :)

Aw CF what a lovely post and what great reasons. I bet your wife is proud of you already for tons of reasons, hope you have great success with the diet :)

Thanks froggy! She is proud of me and I know it deep down. The issue is in my own mind, as I don't always feel I deserve her pride.

I'm definitely a lucky man :)

That's really nice guys! There are so many positive ways to be motivated and its really great to hear them. I'm sure there are a ton of fantastic partners out there and just don't realize how much they help!

My motivation is my sons, age 4 and 1 currently. I'm tired of being the fat dad at the baseball games and preschool events. They're too young to notice now, but I'm afraid they'll be ashamed of me when they are older. And aside from that, I want to create a healthy family environment, so I don't pass my bad habits on to them like my mom did to me.

My other motivation is my lovely wife, who has never been ashamed of me, never acted disappointed when my diets have failed. She's always been my support, in this and all other things, and it will make me so happy to give her a good reason to be proud of me.

Your wife could never be ashamed of you when you have that level of concern for your boys. :)

Back