What shops do you miss being overweight?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Mrs*S, 9 December 2009 Social URL.

1. Mrs*S

Mrs*S Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0.7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.3lb(5.59%)
    Diet:
    The Cambridge Plan
    I miss New Look, and I really want to shop in Jane Norman as they have lovely clothes but if your bigger than a size 14 you have no chance so brrrrrrrrrrring it on Shopping spree in those two shops

So which shops do you guys miss?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. *Cherry On Top*

*Cherry On Top* Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    even when i lost 3 stone and was a size 10-12 in every other shop, jane norman size 14 jeans were still too small!! bah hiss at jane norman!!!

4. natasha1974

natasha1974 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7.5lb(17.62%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    ive been size 18 plus my entire adult life so have no idea what its like to shop in normal shops lol when i was 21 i managed to get into a monsoon evening dress but since then its been evans and newlook oh and simply be i dream off shopping in the front of new look instead of the little section at the back oh and monsoon again and top shop ummm river island i can go on all day:D

5. JestersTear

JestersTear Cute, but psycho!

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yep, I've always been big too, so haven't had a chance to miss shopping anywhere.

6. cheekychinchilla

cheekychinchilla Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(16.2%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I too have been a big girl all my adult life, so never been able to shop in 'normal' shops!! I too would like to not have to go to the "fat" section of New look!! Yeah, I seriously can't wait to be able to shop wherever I want ;)

7. suepat10

suepat10 I am one of the 63336

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    20st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm the same as you ladies. Bar a matter of a few months in 1987 I've always been 'outsize'.

8. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    No one particular shop, it was just that anything I managed to get into didn't "do" anything for me. I must say now I've hit a 16, I have actually taken an interest in clothes again. Stick at it , you WILL all get there.

9. Leapfrog

Leapfrog Champion actifryer

Start Weight:
    84kg
    Current Weight:
    71.5kg
    Goal Weight:
    65kg
    Lost(%):
    12.5kg(14.9%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    There have been times in my life where I have had to buy an outfit because it was the only thing I could get into. Now I'm happy to say I can pick and choose and it is grrrrrrrrrrreat! Stick with it guys, it's well worth the effort

10. Heaven

Heaven Full Member

I remember i had a size 8 trousers from RI. Id be happy with buying a size 12 from there now though.
    I bought jeans from next yesterday for my christmas doo and they were a 16, gutted really as ive lost a stone and cant really tell.

11. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Completely agree! I tried some jeans on in Jane Norman, took a 12 and a 14 in the changing room and the 14 didn't even fasten up. I needed a 16!!
    In Next, Monsoon, Asda, Tesco, Coast, DP's, and practically everywhere else I am a 10 to 12.
    Shame on Jane Norman (their stuff is lovely too!)

12. natasha1974

natasha1974 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7.5lb(17.62%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    and i find tescos and asda clothes smaller than normal so jane norman stuff must be tiny:eek:

13. Rachella

Rachella Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(26.79%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting and shakes
    totally agree about the Jane Norman trouser sizes... one of the reasons I've not tried anything on in there in years.... seem to have styled all their clothes around someone being a size 8

14. *Cherry On Top*

*Cherry On Top* Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    yeah, they suck. u do get some shops where u just look at the wndow and think "hmm size 8 city..." and not even contemplate going in. i must say i feel lucky to have never been more than a size 16 because i find it hard at a 16 to find stuff i feel happy in and thats with the full rnage of shops, cant imagine how hard it must be to buy in plus sized with such a limited choice of shops.

15. PinkToaster

PinkToaster Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World - Everyday is a green day!
    Is it me, or do the mannequins look skinnier than normal ones in Jane Norman too?

16. jayne3110

jayne3110 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    5:2
    I don't miss any shops I just miss being able to buy something that I like and looks nice as oppose to buying something that fits and doesn't look too bad :cry:

17. Frontier-Phil

Frontier-Phil Silver Member

Diet:
    SW-Red
    I used to shop at superstores mainly..... even that was a chore and having to ring round to see if they had any bigger jeans....

All I wanted to do was shop in any store and pick clothes form the middle of the size range !!!!

Now this has come true for me , and I love to shop at TKMAX and River Island, Ecco, Republic, etc. It's lovely to pick nIce bits up. Thedown side is the cost of having a new wardrobe for my new body.

Phil x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.