What shops do you miss being overweight?

Mrs*S

I miss New Look, and I really want to shop in Jane Norman as they have lovely clothes but if your bigger than a size 14 you have no chance so brrrrrrrrrrring it on Shopping spree in those two shops

So which shops do you guys miss?

even when i lost 3 stone and was a size 10-12 in every other shop, jane norman size 14 jeans were still too small!! bah hiss at jane norman!!!

ive been size 18 plus my entire adult life so have no idea what its like to shop in normal shops lol when i was 21 i managed to get into a monsoon evening dress but since then its been evans and newlook oh and simply be i dream off shopping in the front of new look instead of the little section at the back oh and monsoon again and top shop ummm river island i can go on all day:D

I too have been a big girl all my adult life, so never been able to shop in 'normal' shops!! I too would like to not have to go to the "fat" section of New look!! Yeah, I seriously can't wait to be able to shop wherever I want ;)

No one particular shop, it was just that anything I managed to get into didn't "do" anything for me. I must say now I've hit a 16, I have actually taken an interest in clothes again. Stick at it , you WILL all get there.

I remember i had a size 8 trousers from RI. Id be happy with buying a size 12 from there now though.
I bought jeans from next yesterday for my christmas doo and they were a 16, gutted really as ive lost a stone and cant really tell.

even when i lost 3 stone and was a size 10-12 in every other shop, jane norman size 14 jeans were still too small!! bah hiss at jane norman!!!

Completely agree! I tried some jeans on in Jane Norman, took a 12 and a 14 in the changing room and the 14 didn't even fasten up. I needed a 16!!
In Next, Monsoon, Asda, Tesco, Coast, DP's, and practically everywhere else I am a 10 to 12.
Shame on Jane Norman (their stuff is lovely too!)

In Next, Monsoon, Asda, Tesco, Coast, DP's, and practically everywhere else I am a 10 to 12.

and i find tescos and asda clothes smaller than normal so jane norman stuff must be tiny:eek:

Completely agree! I tried some jeans on in Jane Norman, took a 12 and a 14 in the changing room and the 14 didn't even fasten up. I needed a 16!!
Shame on Jane Norman (their stuff is lovely too!)

totally agree about the Jane Norman trouser sizes... one of the reasons I've not tried anything on in there in years.... seem to have styled all their clothes around someone being a size 8

yeah, they suck. u do get some shops where u just look at the wndow and think "hmm size 8 city..." and not even contemplate going in. i must say i feel lucky to have never been more than a size 16 because i find it hard at a 16 to find stuff i feel happy in and thats with the full rnage of shops, cant imagine how hard it must be to buy in plus sized with such a limited choice of shops.

Is it me, or do the mannequins look skinnier than normal ones in Jane Norman too?

I don't miss any shops I just miss being able to buy something that I like and looks nice as oppose to buying something that fits and doesn't look too bad :cry:

I used to shop at superstores mainly..... even that was a chore and having to ring round to see if they had any bigger jeans....

All I wanted to do was shop in any store and pick clothes form the middle of the size range !!!!

Now this has come true for me , and I love to shop at TKMAX and River Island, Ecco, Republic, etc. It's lovely to pick nIce bits up. Thedown side is the cost of having a new wardrobe for my new body.

Phil x

Back