What steps are involved in becoming a CDC?

bunnycd

I would have lost 7 stone once I reach goal by July and I thought I would keep it off for at least 6 months and then train to be a CDC. Would anyone be so kind as to detail what the steps are and how long it takes? Thanks so much in advance. I have not spoken to my CDC yet as I wanted to see what is involved. I am also training to be a Chartered pyschologist at the moment - which I hope will help. Love bunny CD xxxxx

Thanks, I missed that one! I am also a chareted marketer so I hope that I can use all my marketing skills as well. Coley - what kind of age do they like CDC's to be as I am 28 - do you think this is too young?

Sorry I keep asking you questions Coley. How long does it take? I just read the sticky and it does not say. I just want to make sure I keep it off long enough before becoming a CDC... no point having something else focusing the mind when I need to focus on myself for 6 months once I have reached my goal. Thanks again xxxxxx

nah nah...no problem.

It takes erm.....well it depends how long Cambridge take. Your sponsor gets your stuff for you........you fill in a bit he/she fills in a bit....you send it off........then you wait (possibly anything from 5 days to 7-8 weeks when they are super busy) they then decide if you're suitable and then if you are, you'll get a phone interview then if successful you'll get invited for training. There are training days a couple of times a month in a few places - only been 1 or 2 up my neck of the woods, I had to go down to Northants!!

Then you do the training and decide whether or not you want to do it....then you hand over your money and your life (hahah, not really!) and you are given a basic accrediation. You can fill that in pretty quickly and send it off in a matter of days.

It's the waiting again to see if they have marked it and then they'll phone you and go through if you've passed or not and go through any bits you've got wrong.

You then have to complete a million (it seems like a million) modules within 3 months. You can start as soon as you have got your accreditation through.

So...all in all.....prob a couple of months, plus any set up time you need. Just depends how busy it all is.

xx

Back