What the heck!!!!

Dutch

Goodbye Tum
I had spicy tom soup for dinner, it was like someone had tipped some wood shavings into it, as I say above,
What the Heck????:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Is it supposed to be 'textured' or did I not wait long enough after the kettle boiled???

I liked the flavour but drank a ltr of water washing down the wood so at least got a positive out of it.

know the fine wood chip effect well.
The Tom soup had slighty different cooking technique to the other soups.
1) mix into a paste with cold water.
2) thenadd the hot ,no boiling water,
3) enjoy smooth (ish ) soup.

It does say this on the backof the pack. Actually says it on al the flavours.
If you do it as described it does makequt a difference...honest

Thanks Jane, I was busy and didn't wait as long after the kettle had boiled, My husband said strain it but that would lose some of the goodness I suppose.

Yes & No.
Srained through a filter paper..yes.
Strained through your teeth ..No, as you'd get to keep al the nutrative bits & have the lumps saved in the gaps to keep you going all afternoon.

ps sorry about typing in last reply.brain always goes faster than fingers

know the fine wood chip effect well.
The Tom soup had slighty different cooking technique to the other soups.
1) mix into a paste with cold water.
2) thenadd the hot ,no boiling water,
3) enjoy smooth (ish ) soup.

It does say this on the backof the pack. Actually says it on al the flavours.
If you do it as described it does makequt a difference...honest

I mix all of my CD soups this way!!

I don't know Jane!

I have always mixed my soups that way because the CDC told me to!

I don't have problems with lumps in the shakes.

I also do this with the hot Chocolate shake I have in the evening too.

Try it, it does work!

Thanks for that.
Does it make the shakes easier to mix without lumps? So if a client doesn't have a whizzer this method will produce smooth drinks using a balloon whisk or similar?

I had spicy tom soup for dinner, it was like someone had tipped some wood shavings into it, as I say above,
What the Heck????:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Is it supposed to be 'textured' or did I not wait long enough after the kettle boiled???

I liked the flavour but drank a ltr of water washing down the wood so at least got a positive out of it.

Hi! i love the tom soup, i make it with a touch of cold water then whisk the paste then add boiling water and whisk... have never had any lumps in it, i've made 6 to date! compared to the orienal soup - yuck!!! i like the flavour of the oriental soup but no matter how hard i mix and whisk their is sand in it... revolting... a pity i would like to get more of this one!! :cry:

Know what you mean about the sand.
I sort of got used to it eventually I think
Had a tine of heainz soup recently. no Sand .seemed odd.

Back