What time is bedtime in your house? Both you & kids if you have them

big bear

A bear on a mission!
My son will be 3 in 3 weeks time & I put him to bed for 7 o'clock although on the nights he goes to nursery he goes to sleep at 6.30pm. He doesn't nap in the day any more. He sleeps through to 6.30/7am.

My daughter is 1 & I put her down at the same time. I was just wondering am I putting them in bed too early or is this the norm for most kids their age.

I go to bed at 10.30/11pm during the week & obviously later at the weekend. I'm up when the kids get up. I still always feel knackered when I get up & was wondering if I'm getting too much sleep? Is this possible?

What is your bedtime & do you feel knackered the next day after what you think is a good nights sleep.

Thanks

My daughter (nearly 8) starts getting ready for bed just after 7 and then reads till 8pm - she is quite often still awake in her bed till 10ish but is still in bed resting. She sleeps till 7.30 - 8.00
We go to bed about 11 ish but i read till 12
i'm ALWAYS tired but thats cause have M.E so i could sleep for 24 hrs and still feel tired.

Mine are pretty much the same as yours BB.

My eldest is 6 so has started going nearer to 8, but youngest (just 2), still 7pm.

We go to bed anything from 10pm - midnight, and kids normally wake between 7 & 8 - maybe even 8.30 on a weekend!!!!

When you're awake are you constantly on the go? And are you sleeping properly when you are in bed?

I know you've had a tough time recently and wondering of some of that could be catching g up with you? xx

Mine are pretty much the same as yours BB.

My eldest is 6 so has started going nearer to 8, but youngest (just 2), still 7pm.

We go to bed anything from 10pm - midnight, and kids normally wake between 7 & 8 - maybe even 8.30 on a weekend!!!!

When you're awake are you constantly on the go? And are you sleeping properly when you are in bed?

I know you've had a tough time recently and wondering of some of that could be catching g up with you? xx

I am on the go all day until the evening time & I work 3 days a week also. I usually don't sleep right through the night I might wake up about 3am but am back to sleep within an half hour. I know some nights I'm up with the wee one when she's teething. It could be just everything catching up I suppose. X

i think this time of year makes you tired as well, or it might just be me!

My daughter is 8 and my son is 5 7 pm they are up stairs get ready for bed. Son.
asleep as his head hits the pillow! Daughter has half hour special time where she can read or play her ds or colour in. They both up at 6.45 when hubbie gets up for work.

My 2 year old asks to go to bed at 7, the older 2 (nearly 6 & 8 ) are in bed for 8 but are allowed to read, watch DVD, play ds till 9 as long as they are quiet :)

I'm always in bed for 9 and I'll watch tv, hubby comes up around 10 - 10.30 proper party animals in our house lol x

I try to go up by 10 (9 onwards) and always asleep by half ten. I get up at quarter to six.
Bedtimes at the weekend are very different, but unfortunately the cats seem to think I should get up and feed them at the same time regardless of the day of the week. Hmmmm.

I am a barn owl and go to bed at 1/2am and get up at 8am, I don't sleep tons as I am an insominic and have had loads of problems with sleep over the years. I have also got a 7wk old baby and he has started a rountine of going in his cot b 8pm but also get up for feeds durig the night so don't feel have a normal bedtime as such anyways!

I'm in bed at 9pm at the latest (but still working), asleep by midnight at the very latest, usually 11pm (3am on Saturday due to work), then up at 6:20am. I get a lie in on Fridays, but my cats also do not quite *get* this, so generally cry from the bottom of the stairs from 6am onwards. I am a tired teddy every day :(

My 11 year old goes to bed at 8.30pm, and my 7 year old at 8pm. I go to bed between 10pm and 11pm, as me and hubby are up at 6am each day to get ready for work and school, and the boys wake up pretty much the same. Sometimes my youngest will fall asleep earlier than that, esp on a Wednesday when he has had football after school. He is the one who still gets up at the same time at the weekend, whereas my eldest is discovering how nice it is to just lay in bed. Can't wait for the younger one to do it too! Ha ha!

During the week then bedtime for me tends to be around 11pmish, though sometimes I will curl into bed and read until around 11.30.

At the weekend then it can be anytime, depending on what I'm doing or how I'm feeling. If I'm tired and feeling a bit down then I sometimes curl into bed earlier than I do in the week. Other times if I'm watching films or online gaming then it can be 2-3am before I go to bed.

My kids are 9,10 and 11 and they go up at 8pm to get ready and lights are out between 8:15 and 8:30 At the weekend they have to be upstairs getting ready at 8:30 and lights are out between 8:45 and 9pm.

We are a bit later, the earliest we go up is 10:45 and the latest 11:45.

To the OP my kids went in at the same age as yours at that age.

Hey BB, my children went to bed at 7pm when they were that age. DD always had to be woken up in the morning, that's just how she is. But DS was always a morning person, getting up anywhere from 5:30am-7am.

But now things are different, I go to be about 12ish & I will be asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow I'm very lucky I've never had a problem sleeping & when I do go to bed I sleep right through, even though OH sets his alarm for silly o'clock I never hear it. I'm up 6:30 during the week & not long after that at weekends.

My son will be 3 in 3 weeks time & I put him to bed for 7 o'clock although on the nights he goes to nursery he goes to sleep at 6.30pm. He doesn't nap in the day any more. He sleeps through to 6.30/7am.

My daughter is 1 & I put her down at the same time. I was just wondering am I putting them in bed too early or is this the norm for most kids their age.

I go to bed at 10.30/11pm during the week & obviously later at the weekend. I'm up when the kids get up. I still always feel knackered when I get up & was wondering if I'm getting too much sleep? Is this possible?

What is your bedtime & do you feel knackered the next day after what you think is a good nights sleep.

Thanks

My son will be 4 in January. He goes into bed about 7.15/7.30 with stories and lights are out by 8pm at latest. He doesnt always fall asleep straight away but most nights he is asleep by 8. He is up anytime from 6am onwards (obviously the hospital gave me the wrong child).
I tend to go to bed between 10 & 11 depending on what i'm doing, my alarm goes off at 7 and I am ALWAYS tired. I would go to bed earlier if I could but then OH complains if I do.

It sounds like your kids are getting the right amount of sleep. Recommended amount for a 1yr old is 14hours out of 24 and 12hrs out of 24 for a 3yr old.

As for you, you have 2 small children, work outside the home for 3 days per week, run a house and are sometimes up with a teething baby. I'm not surprised you're knackered. Try going to bed a wee bit earlier, it might help in the long run

My son is 7 and goes to bed at 8 and is usually asleep not long after. I get him up at 6:30 so he's ready for the dayhome at 7am. If he's not in bed by 8 you can pretty much forget about him falling asleep quickly and he'll wake up extra early.

I go to bed around 9 or 9:30, but it takes me at least an hour to fall asleep. Up at 5:50.

Back