What was your turning point?

when i was 15 and i didnt have a social life

:cry:mine was my son asking me to go swimming with him, do different activities with him and always having to say no to him, i want to be a normal mum to him he deserves that normality of life from me as im the adult, and have to take control of my food addiction and put my child 1st before food.

I think my turning point was realising how much harder it is for me to lose weight as i get older, it used to be that if i was feeling a bit fat i ould just cut out a few things for a few weeks and the weight would no just drop off, sadly that no longer works and i've realised that if i want to be lighter and stay lighter then my whole attitude to food needs to be reworked....................that and that photos from my friends birthday when i realised just how much i've put on

Last edited:
My mother (who is very skinny now) was 12stone when she was twelve years old and the same height as I am now. She showed me a picture of her at that age, and I thought "woah she looks huge."

The next morning I stepped on the scales and found out I was 12stone 12lbs. Almost a stone heavier than my mom was, when I thought she looked so big.

That was pretty much the turning point for me. I didn't want to keep getting bigger, because the bigger I got, the more I had to lose, and I'd finally realised I'd been lying to myself about how big I really was.

Being made to feel invisible because of my size! In June, I went out for a business dinner, and the host, male, about 55, I have known for many years. I was standing talking to three other women, all much slimmer than me, and he came over to see what they wanted to drink and refresh their glasses, and left me standing there with an empty glass! That really was it for me. Determined that when I next see him I will be one of the slimmest women in the room and make sure I tell him to get stuffed!

Being made to feel invisible because of my size! In June, I went out for a business dinner, and the host, male, about 55, I have known for many years. I was standing talking to three other women, all much slimmer than me, and he came over to see what they wanted to drink and refresh their glasses, and left me standing there with an empty glass! That really was it for me. Determined that when I next see him I will be one of the slimmest women in the room and make sure I tell him to get stuffed!
Been there with that so many times. Esp at work, used to feel like no one ever took me seriously. Not any more though:)

Hai,

my turning point is now! (I am new)
I dont have a specific reason why this is my turning point I just dont want to feel like this anymore, I just cant stand myself. And actually it feels really good that I am actually doing something about it!

Flow

Back