What will you do differently next Christmas New Years Eve?

*Emsie*

Gold Member
I have had a great time but have thought that next time I will have Christmas day at home so can stay in pjs etc all day ifI want and have dinner when I want and I went out last night but next year I won't bother! I would like to stay in or go away so could go to the beach? Or there are some hills not far from me that have always wanted to go and sit having a glass of champagne while looking out at the fireworks over the city!
I haven't faced the scales yet(haven't quite finished indulging yet) but I think will still relax foodwise but maybe not so much of the drink! I've bored myself of alcohol this season! :rolleyes:

Celebrate it in another country!

I've always thought about spending Christmas away from the UK. Not booked anything yet but have booked the time off work.

Next Christmas will be spent with my family, which I am looking forward to. Not that I don't like OH's family, but we all sat around, nobody really said or did much, and there was no Christmassy-ness. Plus Christmas dinner was just like a regular Sunday roast, and none of the things I look forward to (roast potatoes, roast parsnips, stuffing, sausages wrapped in bacon, cheese & crackers, brandy butter....) - now that's me being selfish.

Also, I am refusing to work Christmas day and Boxing day. Yeah, it ain't the end of the world as I work from home, but it puts a dampener on things somewhat. And I've done all the major days (eve, day, boxing, new eve, new day) for at least 2 years on the trot now, time someone else did it.

And New Years we will have a party at our house. For the last few years we have always gone to a friends house who have a baby. And although I enjoy their company, we have to sit with the TV turned right down, whisper to each other, and basically keep quiet, which ain't all that fun. I know they have a baby asleep upstairs, but surely he isn't that sensitive to noise? Its not like we were about to start raving. Plus I'm not a fan of being told to shush.

But I'm not *****ing. I had a wicked Christmas this year :)

Crikey, I know I like to plan ahead, but flippin eck, I've not even thought about it yet.

Like Maximus I too would love to celebrate Christmas & New Year in another country, but, seeing as OH works shifts & they work it out so everyone gets Christmas off sometime. His was 2010 & we didn't go away because DS was in his last year at Uni & wouldn't come with us & I didn't want to leave him at home alone:rolleyes:

What I do know is I'm not staying out for midnight on NYE again, I prefer to spend it at home & not in the pub which we did this year(?)

sadly i have already started to make lists of all the food we brought a threw away so i can make better choices for this years xmas lol

Foodwise I won't be doing anything different, as I only had two days off track and only gained a lb I'm very happy with that. Next year I will be wearing a lovely dress to show off my new figure as I'm determined to get to goal by summer :)

I will stop my DH knocking his glass of red wine over our cream carpet at 12.03am New Years Day! :cry::rolleyes:

Well darlings, the rota says I shall be working from 7am Christmas Day until 4pm Boxing Day! My men will go to the MIL's for Dinner and I will do a Christmas Dinner on 27th!

All presents will be bought and wrapped by 30th November.

NY Day I'll be working 7-4pm.
I may take the following week off!

Well darlings, the rota says I shall be working from 7am Christmas Day until 4pm Boxing Day! My men will go to the MIL's for Dinner and I will do a Christmas Dinner on 27th!

All presents will be bought and wrapped by 30th November.

NY Day I'll be working 7-4pm.
I may take the following week off!

Wow Shirleen that will be some christmas shift! How do you know so far in advance that you will be working? Could they not split the hours?
Nevermind sounds like you have it all planned out well anyway :) x

*Emsie* said:
Wow Shirleen that will be some christmas shift! How do you know so far in advance that you will be working? Could they not split the hours?
Nevermind sounds like you have it all planned out well anyway :) x

I do that shift every fortnight anyway, I haven't done Christmas yet but two of our team have done it two years running.
However the following week I'll be working New Years too but I think that's out of order and will decline!

I'm taking all the Christmas and New Year as holiday. I hope to go away somewhere hot. I was off this year but that was through injury and hardly a great experience.

Hopefully spend it with my boyfriend and his family for our first real Xmas as he's been away since november and isn'tbavk til April xx

Next year I want to stick with the non-present buying thing, but make sure that I've made cards and small use-able gifts (not sure what yet - maybe homemade mini mince pies with little stars on maybe - ideas welcome) as don't want people to think I don't care / just can't be bothered, but the obscene spending and waste that christmas now seems to be about really gets on my nerves.

I also wish I'd gone to a midnight service on Christmas eve. I always did before I moved house but haven't found a church that appeals like my old one. I will get sorted for next year.

I'm going to make boxes of notelets/cards for gifts.
If you want to look like you made an effort try going to town on the packaging, making it yourself with stamps ribbons, even a fancy tag!

I might make some blackberry vodka.
Lemon curd is really easy to make and I believe there's an SW version knocking about, fab topped with scraps of fabric and tags.

Check out Martha Stewarts site for loads of ideas!

And New Years we will have a party at our house. For the last few years we have always gone to a friends house who have a baby. And although I enjoy their company, we have to sit with the TV turned right down, whisper to each other, and basically keep quiet, which ain't all that fun. I know they have a baby asleep upstairs, but surely he isn't that sensitive to noise? Its not like we were about to start raving. Plus I'm not a fan of being told to shush.

But I'm not *****ing. I had a wicked Christmas this year :)

My baby sleeps fine with music on really loud and noises, nothing wakes him up. Went to see family during Christmas and his unckle was whispering and tuning down telly but we shouted at him to show that my Charles does not wake through nothing!!! Some people say it is ok to have loads of noise and even when there in bed just continue so they get used to it, make what you will of it!

bunnylovesalan said:
My baby sleeps fine with music on really loud and noises, nothing wakes him up. Went to see family during Christmas and his unckle was whispering and tuning down telly but we shouted at him to show that my Charles does not wake through nothing!!! Some people say it is ok to have loads of noise and even when there in bed just continue so they get used to it, make what you will of it!

I agree! If they are super quiet he will be sensitive! But if you just get on about your business as normal when they are in bed the baby will be fine with news. It is something they should adjust to as a newborn xxxx

*noise! Silly iPhone spell checker xx

They have been like that since he was born, and he is now over 2! I agree with the fact that a baby will adapt to noise, and learn to sleep through it, but when it is someone elses child, and I have none of my own, I didn't feel it was my place to wade in 2 years ago, and I still don't now. As long as they are happy, and he is happy, they can do it the way they choose. But it does make going round there a royal pain in the rear end!
The mum has narcoleptsy, so I think most things are decided in order to have an easier life. If she is up all night with him, then her working day would be nearly impossible to complete. Same reason he has a bottle of milk every night too.
Oh well!

Back