What would happen if i eat a nandos meal?

This is part of the reason why i have stayed 100% ss as i think if i had 1 nibble on anything i would not be able to stop and would make it so hard for me to get back onto ss.

Good move. Though I know some people think it's easier to 'adapt' the diet, it rarely is.

The way I understand things, Is that Ketosis is all about keeping Carbs to a minimum (3xSS packs have 42.5g) and keeping the glucose supply in your blood near empty. Eating more protein/fat won't switch you back out . Based on Cambridge saying SS+ (60-70g carbs) still keeps you in ketosis, there's some margin for error here too (only two slices of breads worth though!)

If you have a high protein meal, like chicken and salad, all it'll do is reduce your weight-loss for that day because you won't have to burn quite so much of your own fat, it won't "kick you out" of ketosis.

I'm an engineer, not a nutritionist, but I can't see how else things like the Atkins diet are ketodiets.

welli find it hard going around others but I feel i have to get used to others eating - because i cant not cook for them and expect them not too east for me.

I gave up my team as i think it is unfair that i stay in a team and let them down if i do end up breaking. And yes ... i did break and yes i'm going to have a nandos today. Woopsy, i'm only human and unfortunalty i'm not as strong or devoted as some others on the CD diet.

However i have realised my weakness ... being around people that are eating, and having food in my cupboards therefore as my parents are going tomorrow morning and my meeting with my CDC is tomorrow i'm going to restart and stay clear of food eaters. For the next 5 weeks, which is how long i have until my boyfriend comes home and i know i will not be able to not eat, i'm going to REALLY try to stick to this 100%. I have no plans in the forcoming weekends so i shall keep myself well clear of temptations.

I have seen this diet works because i have lost 6lbs this first week. And i only have 23lbs to loose (17 now .. yay) and 5 weeks is nothing compared to what some CD dieters do ... so i think i can give up these 5 weeks to get slim and trim.

But with all due resepect its nit just 5 weeks isnt it hun becuase yeah you could be all done in 5 weeks with this diet but how are you going to maintain in the long term with lots of temptations ? :)

i will still eat the same foods but reduce the amount and i will continue my running which i have stopped to go on this diet. I was running 5 miles 4 times a week. Basically i just have to stop eating like a pig :)
Once i get to my ideal weight i won't go back ... i'm fed up of being a blob!

I have seen this diet works because i have lost 6lbs this first week. And i only have 23lbs to loose (17 now .. yay) and 5 weeks is nothing compared to what some CD dieters do ... so i think i can give up these 5 weeks to get slim and trim.

Bear in mind that about 4.5lbs of that is the weight from your bodies gluocse store being used up during the first 3 days - This will go back on gradually once you finish ketosis. Your next weeks losses are likely only going to be around 2.5-3lbs of fat ... still nothing to sniff at though!

The way I understand things, Is that Ketosis is all about keeping Carbs to a minimum (3xSS packs have 42.5g) and keeping the glucose supply in your blood near empty. Eating more protein/fat won't switch you back out . Based on Cambridge saying SS+ (60-70g carbs) still keeps you in ketosis, there's some margin for error here too (only two slices of breads worth though!)

If you have a high protein meal, like chicken and salad, all it'll do is reduce your weight-loss for that day because you won't have to burn quite so much of your own fat, it won't "kick you out" of ketosis.

Yes, you're right, physiologically, it wont hurt, but there is a huge psychological aspect with Cambridge. It can often happen that once a person cheats, they just keep on cheating. I've seen it over and over again.

Not saying a lick of the finger can really be classed as a cheat though :D

I'm an engineer, not a nutritionist, but I can't see how else things like the Atkins diet are ketodiets.

Not sure I understand this bit. Atkins is a ketogenic diet, so are many more (including Cambridge). Cambridge is also a VLCD to maximise losses.

Sorry Kirsty the way i read your 1st post on team 24 thread i thought you were giving up altogether. Thats brill you are going to carry on and good luck.

Sorry Kirsty the way i read your 1st post on team 24 thread i thought you were giving up altogether. Thats brill you are going to carry on and good luck.

aww .. no probs. The way it is writen it basically reads like i quit ... just hope i can be a bit stronger this time :)

aww .. no probs. The way it is writen it basically reads like i quit ... just hope i can be a bit stronger this time :)

You can do it. Your weight loss this week will motivate you. Makes you realise how much you can loose.

Good luck

Yes, you're right, physiologically, it wont hurt, but there is a huge psychological aspect with Cambridge. It can often happen that once a person cheats, they just keep on cheating. I've seen it over and over again.
I thought this was the case. This is why I'm being terrifically hard on myself and flatly refusing any 'titbits' that people offer me - I just hope I can keep it up! :sigh: (I've cooked for hubby since I started this, but strangely the thing that's looked most tempting so far is a little cube of cheese, lol! :D )

Back