What you can expect from a CDC

Its best to let your CDC know your BMI is over 40. You will need to go to your GP to get the medical record form signed off, as you say you do not know of any medical problems, this is just to make sure.

She may advise you to start cutting out carbs and increasing your water whilst waiting to see your GP. This is a good preparation for starting the diet.

Hi Linda

She did ask my weight and height on the phone but didnt mention the doc signerture. I will book myself in to docs asap as i am really eager to get stuck in now. Also my children are at their dads for half term so wanted to establish myself into the diet before they come back friday.

I have being do the "prep" this week (cut down on food, cut out carbs and naughtys) but have only been drinking 3 pints a day but am upping that today.

Thank you for the advice.

My CDC is great, she texted me the 1st day of the diet to wish me luck and has texted me a couple more times this week to see how I have been getting on. Mid week she called round with some food packs so I could swap some of the food packs I wasn't so keen on!

I could really do with more support from my CDC but I just get my shakes & a weigh in & that's it

Have you spoken to your CDC to let him/her know this? Perhaps s/he thinks you are fine and don't need any more from them - if you ask you might be surprised how much support you get.

Hi, I live in Maldon and I'm looking for a good CDC so would be grateful if you could recommend one please.
thanks, Dumplin

Sorry for the late reply, I haven't been on for a few days..... I can only recommend my own CDC but I would think that Elmstead Market is a bit too far for you to come... have you looked on the CD website? There's two on there (Gaynor and Margot that cover Maldon. Here's a link Cambridge Diet find a counsellor

Do you have to see the Cambridge counsellor for your area only I'm not to keen on mine but everyone I ring up says the one I am seeing is nearest so have to go to her. She shares an office with her husband who sits at his desk less than 4 feet away from your chair, they have music playing (usually loud pop) and I do not wish every customer that comes in to see her husband to hear about my weight or the fact that it is my period week as I am getting weighed. She is not very approachable either so dont feel I can talk to her about my concerns, so really want to change so I can get restarted and back on track

I don't do CD now but used to.

I could be wrong but I can't see why you can't choose which CDC you go to see. Sure it doesn't have to be the nearest.

Perhaps the other CDCs are just trying to be helpful.

Irene xx

Hi giggles (love the name :D)

Yes, you can go to any CDC you like. It doesn't have to be your nearest. Check others out on the website, or put in a postcode of an area near you. Give them a call and see who you 'gel' with.

It's important that you get a CDC that you feel comfortable with.

I lurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrve my CDC :D shes so normal and down to earth and VERY flexible..love it :D

Shame all cant be 'social skilled checked' before they qualify lol ive heard some terrible stories

Hi this post is 2 years old and there have been price increases since then.

CDC's no longer post the cost of packs as each individual counsellor is as liberty to charge what price they like.

The best advice would be to go to the the Cambridge Diet Website type in your postcode and bring up a list of your local Counsellors.

Have a chat to a few and then you can compare costs and services offered.

I've complained before as my CDC charges a min £50 per week for shakes!! It's beyond a joke and I think its wrong to cash in on other peoples difficulties. Isn't trying to lose weight hard enough without being seen off by those supposedly supporting you?? There aren't any others nearby so am well and truly :badmood:
Disgusting!!! CD need to sort out their priorities and not make it into a money making scheme.

I do appreciate your frustration, however, Cambridge Diet Head Office cannot dictate the price CDC's charge, they can only set a recommended retail price.

Its the law not Cambridge Head Office's decision, CDC's are not employees of Cambridge Diet but independent self employed people.

I personally only ever charge the RRP however others do charge differently based on their individual circumstances.

Have you done a postcode search on the main CD website maybe there are other counsellors in your area. New people are being trained all the time.

Just had a look at your ticker well done you, you have done really well.

Have you ever thought about being a CDC yourself? If there is a shortage in your area may be worth pursuing?:)

Back