What's everyone reading at the moment?

I'm struggling to read as I started going bed an hour earlier to read but after a couple of pages I fall sleep. Might have to try and read downstairs before going up.:)

Hello everyone! *waves* I'm a complete book nerd, will pick up almost anything and give it a whirl.

Recently re-read Jane Eyre for the billionth time, I do love a good classic - but at the moment I'm actually reading a young adult series passed to me by my cousin - The Raven Boys by Maggie Steifvater, typical teenage stuff but good chewing gum for the brain.

I keep meaning to pick up another Gillian Flynn as I enjoyed Gone Girl - anyone read any of her others? Which would you recommend?

I've not read any of Gillian Flynn's books, at the moment I'm reading Conn Iggulden's Emperor series about Julius Caesar it's very well written, its fiction based on truth.

Now I'm on school holiday for the next 12 days I'm going to read The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul by Deborah Rodriguez.

It's about five different women who come together.:)

Pure, White and Deadly by John Yudkin

"First published on 1972 and updated with new science in 1986, Pure, White and Deadly was, is and remains, a prophecy. Yudkin foresaw the sugar glut that ultimately arrived with the advent of high-fructose corn syrup. He preached in the wilderness, and no one listened."

"Yudkin didn't have the voluminous data that exist today. He had the correlation, but not causation. He didn't have the mechanism. He didn't know that sugar caused insulin resistance by being turned into fat in the liver through the process of de nova lipogenesis, or that sugar induced protein damage through the Mallard or browning action. He didn't know that sugar was weakly addictive, although he surmised it. Despite that, Pure White and Deadly draws direct lines between sugar and dental caries, gout, autoimmune disease, heart disease and cancer. Indeed, he shows that sugar consumption and mortality rates go hand in hand."

The above is taken from the Introduction to the 2012 edition by Robert H, Lustig, MD

The War Horse by Michael Morpurgo :) wonderful book set in the world war about a young lad and his horse go they separate ways by pure chance but reunite after the war as ended. It foes into detail of how life was for the horse in those times although in the film.is written in the eyes of the young lad x an emotional read and was made into a film which is an excellent one x

Has anyone read Ready Player One by Ernest Cline?
If you grew up in the 80's and are of a geeky persuasion you have to read it, very good!

Just finished it and now reading Player of Games by Ian M Banks, but need to sneak in Lady Susan by Austen before the movie comes out. Is anyone looking forward to that?

Just finished reading the Fifty Shades Trilogy for the 4th time, popped to Tesco to go food shopping and ended up in the book section. 2 books for £7 you can't go wrong! So the two books I've picked up are:
  1. Strictly Between Us by Jane Fallon
  2. Sleepless in Manhattan by Sarah Morgan
I've also just learnt tonight that our local community hall has a small book shop inside where you can trade books in, pay £1 for a book, or sometimes get 3 books for £1. I've officially died and gone to heaven!

finished The Girl on a train!!

Now would like another book any suggestions please?? love tale ? a girlie sort

Ohhh I'm not a girly kinda reader but just read The Woman who went to bed for a Year and it was very good, think that would suit you, that's if you've not read it already.

Back