What's everyone reading at the moment?

Discussion in 'Book Club' started by susieb, 27 May 2007.

1. susieb

susieb Well-Known Member

I've just finished "Triptych" by Karin Slaughter(I love her books!),now I'm reading "The Summer of my Greek Taverna"by Tom Stone,something a little bit different:).
    What are you booklovers reading at the mo?.....
  2. sonkie

sonkie Well-Known Member

The Graft by Martina Cole.
  3. wannabeminime

wannabeminime Well-Known Member

Inkspell by Cornelia Funke, the second in the Inkheart trilogy, which is a wonderful book. It's being made into a film at the mo, to be released next year.

I love reading kids books, makes me feel young again, and gives me something to discuss with my kids thats on their level. My ten year old has already read Inkheart.
  4. susieb

susieb Well-Known Member

oh I love Martina Cole books:),have never heard of the Inkheart books(could have something to do with having no kids!);).I keep meaning to read Enid Blyton books,which I loved as a child,......so little time, so many books!!!:D
  5. sonkie

sonkie Well-Known Member

I have got most of Martina coles books.....they are so well written and Im sucked into the story.
  6. Janey

Janey Intuitive Eater

Anybody Out There by Marian Keyes. :)
  7. KD

KD Gone fishing

Just finished Confessions of a Reformed Dieter, and half way through Little Lost Girl by Barbie Probert-Wright (it's good:))
  8. kittykat

kittykat Well-Known Member

just finished gary barlows autobiography
  9. htpink

htpink CDC

love her books!

Just finished the second Piers Morgan book - v v funny - i love that guy!
  10. Starlight

Starlight Well-Known Member

I havent read that one yet, is it good :)
  11. treelo

treelo Member

Just finished A Brother's Journey by Richard Pelzer.

And just starting The Secret of Crickley Hall by James Herbert (one of my favourite authors)
  12. Summerskye

Summerskye Well-Known Member

I bought "The God Delusion" by Richard Hawkins yesterday - can't wait to start that :)

Also the new Jilly Cooper book "Wicked" for my hols :cool:
  13. Tinley

Tinley Well-Known Member

I've just finished Catch-22 by Joseph Heller, and am on Chapter 2 of Unless by Carol Shields.

I loved Catch-22. I have had it on my shelf for years and kept putting off reading it thinking it might be too manish/technical for me, but it wasn't. It was fantastic - reminded me of MASH, except for different war/country etc.
  14. Janey

Janey Intuitive Eater

Yes, it's lovely well worth reading. :)

I'm a real bookworm, read most things from Jackie Collins to Jane Austen (literally!) and everything in between!!! :D
  15. jazz

jazz naughty night nurse

i was bought a james patterson book. the 6th target , started to read it and its about an abducted child called maddie ,will have to read it another time .
    i love marion keyes and patricia scanlon
  16. jazz

jazz naughty night nurse

all the rest of james pattersons books are brilliant
  17. Janey

Janey Intuitive Eater

I must admit I've never read any of his books.
  18. treelo

treelo Member

They're very good (especially Kiss The Girls) but it might be an acquired taste....

I recommend him anyway.:)
  19. Shrinking Nicky

Shrinking Nicky Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Just finished Anne Rice, Christ the Lord out of Egypt.... nothing like her usual books (Interview with a Vampire etc) but a fantastic book all the same.

I am not a religious person, but it is basically written with Jesus as the narrator as a young boy returning from Egypt (surprisingly given the title) & how he sees things & finds out things about his birth & family etc....

Well worth a read. (Just to add - for anyone religious, it is written in such a way that it does not imo cause offence at all)

20. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Looking for some light reading...

I picked up Secret Diary of a Demented Housewife by Niamh Greene as the title appealed to me along with the cover:p

I got to page 57 quickly in the hope it would improve and then skipped some pages at this stage my brain was numb with boredom...

If I were single reading this book I would do everything in my power to either stay single or to make sure I never became a stay at home mum.:rolleyes:

On now to my next read which is Keeping Faith by Jodi Picoult.