What's everyone reading at the moment?

I think both have their place. At home I will always love snuggling up with an actual book but for travel and out and about the eBook comes into its own. I struggle to fit the newer Harry Potter's (book 4+) into my hand bag but my kindle fits perfectly.

I had the kindle app on my iPad before I got the kindle and hardly ever used it; felt awkward and the backlight made my eyes ache. The kindle really is just like a book though.

I felt the same about eBooks until I got one as a present. For me they'll never totally replace physical books but I see (and enjoy) the practical side of the eBook reader.

Love your long post!! Lol
I too have the kindle app on my iPad and haven't really got into it but am still desperate for a kindle and am deffo going to get one in April for my birthday/diet reward. Even though I have a vast amount of books around the house!

I love my Kindle - I'm reading Fallen by Thomas E Sniegoski at the mo' - I'm enjoying it too.

Reading 'Belle' by Lesley Pearse on my Kindle at the moment.

I do love my Kindle but have to say I do still enjoy reading an actual book. I travel a lot though and the Kindle makes more sense for that.

Princess_Stevie said:
My Blackberry Playbook can be used to read books, the same way the Kindle works. I really really cannot get into it though :rolleyes:

To be fair though reading on a tablet is very different to a kindle. I've got the kindle app on my iPod and iPad and absolutely never ever use it. I can see why you can't get into them but kindles and snook apps are like night and day :)

I'm in the process of reading 'Me Before You' by Jojo Moyes. Very good book and have spent most of my day off reading!! Before that I read 'Before I go to Sleep' by S.J.Watson. Another very good read!! Finished the whole book in less than 24 hours..........last week's day off!!!

**Sparkle Starrs** said:
I love my Kindle - I'm reading Fallen by Thomas E Sniegoski at the mo' - I'm enjoying it too.

Ooo... this is on my wish list... Any good... xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

To be fair though reading on a tablet is very different to a kindle. I've got the kindle app on my iPod and iPad and absolutely never ever use it. I can see why you can't get into them but kindles and snook apps are like night and day :)

I guess it's just personal preference. No matter how many raving reviews I hear about Kindles and eBooks, etc, I just don't like them. It's quite strange really, with being really young and into modern technology. Most other gadgets I'd snap your hands off for.

Anyway, keeping to the subject. I'm almost finished The Philosophers Stone and will soon be moving onto The Chamber of Secrets. So exciting :)

Lynn8124 said:
What are the Harry Potters like? always wanted to read one but haven't got round to it.

They are brilliant books, a lot of people avoid them because they're supposed to be kids books but honestly they just suck you in and you want more. I've read them several times and am now reading them to my 5 year old.

Just started pride and prejudice love the film and tv adaptation never read the book so I am excited :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I've just finished The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins (Which was absolutely amazing!), and then finished The Help (which was also fantastic, though worlds apart)
Am now reading the One Born Every Minute book, as i have an interview for uni soon, and want to be a midwife, so world is revolving around baby/midwife literature and articles!

Have a good weekend!! xxx

What Genre are the hunger games? I keep hearing such good things about them

I'd say they were young adult science fiction, but they are amazing!! I think everyone should read them!! I'd never consider myself as a sci-fi/fantasy sort of person, but i was hooked in minutes!! xxx

I read the words sci fi and thought no but I may just give them a go

Back