What's everyone reading at the moment?

I finished The 19th Wife last week, it was brilliant, I haven't HAD to finish a book for a long time! I picked up The Birthing House this weekend but not yet started

Good chicklit books ~ Late Night shopping - Carmen Reid, Beach House - Jane Green, Chocolate Lovers' Club and Chocolate Lovers' Diet - Carole Matthews.

Crime/thriller - Run for your life -James Patterson (love all James Patterson's books), Hold tight - Harlan Coben and any book by Mary Higgins Clark.

i normally have 2 or 3 books on the go at any one time - be lost without them! at the min, i'm reading a series of 11 books by Jim Butcher, titled the dresden files - about a wizard in chicago (harry dresden) who helps out the special investigations unit of the chicago p.d. if you love your vampires/werewolves/faeries/demons/trolls/ogres etc, then these would probably appeal. has anyone else tried these?

the sci fi channel made one season of this, loosely based upon the books, but altho very enjoyable, the books are even better.

As well as the book club book (The Lake of Dead Languages by Carol Goodman) have been reading some Sandman volumes (3 & 4) as well as The Swamp Thing (1,3 &9), both EXCELLENT graphic novels...

Just working my way though J D Robb's 'in Death' series. It begins with 'Naked in Death' and is set about 50 years in the future in New York. The main lead is a homicide detective called Eve Dallas, a strong female character who has a dark, tragic secret from childhood which she can't remember except in dreams. I think there are about twenty books altogether and I have reserved them at my local library:). It is best to read them in order although I haven't:p because I just read what is available at the time:D.

AJ

I am trying to read Diary Of A Mad Bride by Laura Wolf. I can't concentrate on it, maybe I'm bored with the genre.

currently reading
A wedding in December - Anita Shreve
The lake ODL
Valley of the Dolls - Jacqueline Susann
The Manson Murders - Vincent Bugliosi
Blkue Smoke - Nora Roberts
The Blackout Murders - Simon Read

Mindless eating - Brian Wansink (a great book about food psychology

And trying to make myself wait to start Wild Blue Stephen Ambrose

Love my reading lol:D

Just finished re-reading the "Women of the Otherworld" series by Kelley Armstrong.

Am now reading "Maneater" by Thomas Emson, which is a werewolf novel.
I really need to start re-reading the Dresden Files books again so I can read the new one!

I've just read 'The Tent, The Bucket, And Me' by Emma Kennedy. About a families attempts at camping in hte '70's. I chuckled all the way through. Zxx

I'm reading 'Notes from an exhibition' by Patrick Gale. Ok but I've read better, took a while to get into it.

im reading the take :) martina coles novel

Jodi Picoult - Handle With Care

Very good about a little girl with osteogenisis imperfecta and her parents filing a lawsuit against their obstetrician for wrongful birth, despite loving their daughter and the obsetrician being the mothers' best friend!

im reading Alphabet Weekends by Elizabeth Nobleat the moment, have just finished reading

My Best Friend's Girl (Paperback)

by Dorothy Koomson
i couldnt recomend it enough, funny and sad xxx

Azincourt by Bernard Cornwell - love historical novels, and he does them best!

im currently reading the saddest girl in the world by cathy glass just love weepy stories

Platform by Michel Houellebecq.
Brilliant

Back