What's everyone reading at the moment?

I'll be interested to find out what someone else thinks of One Moment One Morning.

True blood I've seen series 1 2 and 3 n nearly through the first book n 't's really good. There are 11 books in total so plenty to keep me occupied x

ive just started the first true blood book too lol, watched series 1&2, has series 3 beein on telly yet? as i watch it on FX and its not been on there which is where its normally aired first over here x

Ill let you know jimoftroy what i think of one moment one morning..I also read a true story book called "Fatwa" by jacky trevane. it opens your eyes to what goes on behind closed doors.

I'm so excited I'm on number 4 of the Left Behind series & I ordered the rest of the series a few weeks ago. Today they arrived:D:D:D Well if only I had time to read, but by Monday I should be able to start on them, and I can't wait.

When I've finished the series I'm going to come back on here & look through this thread there are so many books I want to read.

I'm reading Maeve Binchey's latest book,Minding Frankie ...easy holiday reading...and have several Agatha Raisin books ,not too taxing on the brain,i love Aggie....jen

Latest Favourite Escape

I recently read Dissolution by C. J. Samson and it was so good I had to read the whole series. After Dissolution, I read Dark Fire & Soverign. I'm in the middle of Revelation right now and I've Heartstone ready to go when I'm finished that. They're a cross between "The Tudors" and "Inspector Morse" - if you like history & crime you won't be able to put these down, they're a great combination of both. They're really good. Only trouble is I've been stuck in Tudor time warp for 2 weeks now and people are begining to notice!:D

Where have all my fellow book buddies gone? This place is bare - especially without my little book worm bunny_hops to keep me right on what to read next - where is she?! :(
But I expect no one has had much time for reading this month - I know I haven't and I didn't even celebrate Christmas this year :D

Now is the time for me to get all things back on track - reading included! First things first is for me to finish We are at War - goodness its taken me ages as I put it down and never got the chance to start reading it again :rolleyes:

Did anyone get any good books for Christmas?

I'm here, :D I'm now on book 5 of the Left Behind series, they are brill so exciting & I just can't put them down. I've still got 7 to read;)

But once I finish the series I'm spoilt for choice as to what to read next. I've seen so many books on here I don't know which to read first.
I know the feeling of being spoilt for choice, I have a long list on my Waterstones wishlist, I can't afford them all at once though unfortunately :( I'm going to buy Small Island next though.

I'm going to start the Left Behind series when I've finished my current book, they are great books, my family love them. I read the kids series when I was younger, it was just as interesting as the adult series, written in a very sensible way too.

Does anyone know if there is a book about Rosa Parks? I watched the film about her last week on Sky and I'd love to read about her, what an amazing lady.

I'm rereading Jean M. Auel's Earth Children series. For about the 100th time. After that I'm planning to read the "Witch" series by James Clemens.

Kindle

Hi Book Fans,

Have any of you used a Kindle? My father is sending me one as a late Christmas gift (waited too long to order one and was out of stock). I am not certain that I will like reading on an electronic device -- and/or how easy it is to use. Also, I noticed that books were not all that much less expensive than a printed copy.

Thanks,

MinnieMel

Last edited:
I've never used one I have to say but I can see the appeal. I'm an avid reader, and probably have over 1000 books in my parents' house...space has become somewhat of an issue over recent years, lol! I can't bear to part with them though :eek: Something like a Kindle would be fab for being able to read new books, but without having to worry about where to store them :) xx

I haven't got a Kindle, but I have a Sony Reader - which is a similar idea.

I don't use it that often, because I love the bookness of books, but it is absolutely fine to read from. There's no glare, and it's really easy to "turn the pages".

The time when it is absolutely invaluable is when you go on holiday. Cos my case was always REALLY heavy - just because of how many books I'd be taking. Now - bung 'em all on the Reader - light case!

I'm gradually becoming more tempted by them, kindles I mean! I used to glare at them for even pretending that they could replace books, with their pages and smells; butttt, maybe it's the rabid consumer in me, but I kind of want one. They'd probably be good on the train and such, no more lugging massive books in tiny handbags... let me know how it goes.

On another topic, I'm reading 'The Rehersal' by Eleanor Catton at the moment, and it's really very interesing. She wrote the book as her masters thesis at university, and so it's very different from anything else I've ever read. The style is unique and the description is fabulous. Technically it's about the aftereffects of a student teacher affair told through various points of view; but with the style that it's written in, it feels like so much more. Well worth at least taking a look at the first chapter, (which is free on amazon btw).

I have just started Chuck Palahniuk - Pygmy. He is one of my faviourite authors :D
I would never get a kindle or anything like that, I hate reading of screens and love the feelnes of reading from a book along with it's smell and the physical feeling of turning a page :D

Hi,

I am currently reading (appropriately for a weight loss forum) Does this Clutter Make My Butt Look Fat by Peter Walsh. He is a "clutter expert and organizational consultant who describes himself as part-contrator and part-therapist. It was given to me as a joke some time ago... but it is actually very good. He makes reasonable connections between the behaviour that makes someone hesitate to throw something away and over eating. I started it awhile ago -- put it down due to the holidays, etc. and I am going to start again from the beginning and take it seriously this time.

Back