What's everyone reading at the moment?

Just about to start Broken by Karin Slaughter, but I'm a bit put off it as my dads partner says she found it was not up to her usual standards. Has anyone else read it?

Hope you enjoy it hun! I usually just tend to go with a gut reaction based on the blurb - everybody sees books differently after all. I've read everything by Karin Slaughter, Karen Rose, Kathy Reichs and Patricia Cornwell however, so it makes it quite an easy choice when buying their books, lol! xx

I've read all apart from Broken by Karin Slaughter, Tess Gerritson and Tami Hoag are brilliant writers too. Just finished Deeper than the dead by Tami Hoag and I couldn't put it down.

Claire x

P.S how do you get your slimming world awards on your signature, thanks

Thanks a lot, I've only got my half stone award at the mo but I'm hoping for my stone award tonight, suppose I'd better get some posts done lol x

The Alan Sugar Bio. Hoping to get Warren Buffets soon. Also read The Girl with the black tattoo while I was on holiday and enjoyed it. Guilty pleasure is also the twilight saga - the films are awful but the books are good.

I'm currently reading 'Your Heart Belongs To Me' by Dean Koontz which is a crime thriller and 'The Origin of Species' by Charles Darwin :)

Ive just finished listening to an audio book 'Friday Nights' by Joanna Trollope - it wasnt much of a story and although I listened to the end (just in case it got better!!!) I wouldnt recommend it to anyone I'm afraid. I have enjoyed others of her books in the past tho

I started the devils star by Jo Nesbo. My hubby bought me the leopard for valentines day. I am bombing through devils star in order to be able to start on the new one.

I cant wait!

i am still reading Left Behind and am hooked on that. I started a new audio book today (I listen to them on the way to and from work) This one is Brixton Beach by Roma Tearne

Got some new babies today :D

The 2nd book in the Flavia De Luce Mystery.

Cant wait to read this, im loving Sarah Waters at the moment :D

A door wedge of a book ;)

(couldnt resist this as part of the 2 for £7 in asda)

(the other i got from asda,now a movie)

ive had this on my 'must read list' for ages

wont be able to make a start on any of these yet, but they'll look nice on the bookshelf... ;)

I started the devils star by Jo Nesbo. My hubby bought me the leopard for valentines day. I am bombing through devils star in order to be able to start on the new one.

I cant wait!

I have read all of his books, they are really good...have you read the others? The Snowman, The Redbreast, Nemesis, The Redeemer?

Hey Miss Mango, how are you doing? :D

Is that bookcase of yours full up yet? ;) I need a couple of new ones,as im running out of room again :( Ive got bookcases all over the house, i could do with an extension lol :D

are you still into the war era and diaries?

Re-reading the Hobbit - I know, such a child :eek:

xx

Just discovered Jasper Fforde's Shades of Grey:

Utterly bizarre and addictive.
Currently on Amazon seeing what else of his I can get. :D

I just got another of my new books through the post today, its about the Land Girls, looks great. I also got The Long Road Home by Sid Waddell, looks quite amusing :D

Yes I have, all fantastic. I have the leopard to start soon! I like Peter James novels too. Quite thrilling and edge of the seat kind of stuff.

His latest book looked really good, i'd never read any of his before so i bought, that then hunted down the previous books to read in order..theyre on my pile now :D

theres a lot of scandinavian authors coming out at the moment,really gaining in popularity ;)

Back