What's everyone reading at the moment?

Jack The Ripper- The uncensored facts by Paul Begg... I am a bit of a Ripperologist and I like this because it doesn't give you his theory on who it was just what happened, so you can draw your own conclusions... I am going to Derby on Thursday night, to see a play based on the movie 'From Hell'

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Hi I have just found this thread. I have just started reading dark prophecy by Anthony E. Zuiker (he writes csi) I loved the first dark book it was one of the best books i have read. Unfortunatly it may take months to read this one as my kids have other ideas as to wot I should do with my time :)

Jack The Ripper- The uncensored facts by Paul Begg... I am a bit of a Ripperologist and I like this because it doesn't give you his theory on who it was just what happened, so you can draw your own conclusions... I am going to Derby on Thursday night, to see a play based on the movie 'From Hell'

You should definitely read Now You See Me by S J Bolton then... check it out!

bunny_hops said:
You should definitely read Now You See Me by S J Bolton then... check it out!

Will look online and order it, sounds my kind of thing... Thanks... xx

sleepytimesadie said:
Will look online and order it, sounds my kind of thing... Thanks... xx

Ordered it from Amazon prime, gets delivered on Thursday... Thanks again... xx

Anybody Out There by Marian Keyes. :)

If you like Marian Keyes, have a look at Dorothy Koomson's books, she's great or Sophie Kinsella x

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, and The Road by Cormac McCarthy. Still reading Juliet and also have lots of writing magazines on the go.

Nearly forgot am also reading All-In-One Blogging for Dummies.

Have just started the Berlin Noir trilogy by Phillip Kerr.

A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry -- brilliant --- in fact id say life changing - a MUST read especially for anyone who has ever been (or wants to go) to India

I'm reading The Slap by Christos Tsiolkas, I'm about half way through and not really enjoying it, not sure I like any of the characters. Has anyone else read it?

I'm reading The Slap by Christos Tsiolkas, I'm about half way through and not really enjoying it, not sure I like any of the characters. Has anyone else read it?

I've read this... i didn't care for any of the characters... i didn't care for much actually, i wouldn't recommend it! :rolleyes:

I've read this... i didn't care for any of the characters... i didn't care for much actually, i wouldn't recommend it! :rolleyes:

That's kind of how I am feeling about, disappointed considering the rave reviews it's getting. I will finish it though I know I will, I don't think I've ever not finished something I've started, even if it is tedious.

Thanks for the review :)

Hi, there,

I've read The Slap and, like you, I didn't really like any of the characters. However, I'm not sure you are really supposed to. I did like the way the narrative changed and I thought (particularly as it was written by a man) that the perspectives of both sexes was well thought out and well written. There was a little too much swearing and gratuitous sex for my liking, but at the end if the book I found myself nearly shouting out loud "for ***'s sake tell them what a little **** he is" at the then narrator in sheer frustration. I won't spoil it for you, but if you get that far, I think you'll understand what I mean.

C x

Hi, there,

I've read The Slap and, like you, I didn't really like any of the characters. However, I'm not sure you are really supposed to. I did like the way the narrative changed and I thought (particularly as it was written by a man) that the perspectives of both sexes was well thought out and well written. There was a little too much swearing and gratuitous sex for my liking, but at the end if the book I found myself nearly shouting out loud "for ***'s sake tell them what a little **** he is" at the then narrator in sheer frustration. I won't spoil it for you, but if you get that far, I think you'll understand what I mean.

C x

Thanks, I am thinking exactly the same about the sex and swearing, mainly because I was with my mom when I brought it and she said she would borrow it afterward (we are quite open about things but still can feel the blushes!:eek:). I will keep going, I am already starting to feel that frustration with some of the characters!

I didn't really enjoy The Slap either. I get why the characters are all so flawed but it kind of ruins the read? Your not connected to any of them as you may empathise with some bits but none of them are very likeable/hatable and I really didn't care what happened to them lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I've just started The Savage Garden.

Back