What's everyone reading at the moment?

After a recomendation by many people on here I'm now reading The Historian, so far so good.

Just finished BELLE by LESLEY PEARSE! my favourite writer! love her!

I'm currently reading One Day by David Nicholls. I downloaded it to my kindle thinking I might not get 'into' it but it's unputdownable!

ohh I just got this for my holiday reading, glad to hear its good!

Lynn_ said:
ohh I just got this for my holiday reading, glad to hear its good!

It's an odd one because one of the characters is easily disliked but you root for them (without giving anything away!) I also NEED to find out what happens because I can't actually guess (usually I can!)

Just blew through The Passage (loved this!! Where's part two???) q as recommended :) and Ken Folletts Fall of Giants :) which was an amazing read!! Now got The Historian waiting on my shelf! But I'm halfway through Paul Hoffmans The Last Four Things which isn't grabbing me like The Left Hand of God did :(

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Just blew through The Passage (loved this!! Where's part two???) q as recommended :) and Ken Folletts Fall of Giants :) which was an amazing read!! Now got The Historian waiting on my shelf! But I'm halfway through Paul Hoffmans The Last Four Things which isn't grabbing me like The Left Hand of God did :(

I have been dithering about getting "Fall of Giants". I absolutely loved Pillars of the Earth and World Without End, and rate them among my all time favourite books .... actually my list of all-time favourites is huge as I'm not good at choosing :rotflmao: but anyway, I've been uncertain about getting Fall of Giants as I read a few negative reviews, although I suspect that they were from people who were just expecting another Pillars of the Earth and because the subject matter is very different were perhaps disappointed? Possibly. It's a theory! :D I need to wait for it to come out in paperbook or turn up in a 2nd hand book shop and then I'll give it a whirl! Books are HUGELY expensive here in Australia, so mainly I have to be patient and resort to getting them sent over from UK by the BookDepository who ship for free - yayyy!

MattsMum said:
I'm currently reading One Day by David Nicholls. I downloaded it to my kindle thinking I might not get 'into' it but it's unputdownable!

Amazing book :) adored it!!

Currently reading Madeleine by Kate McCann.

Not sure how I feel about it to be honest, and don't want to discuss it too much for fear of opening a massive can of worms! Everyone I know has an opinion of that woman!!

OzzieMoz said:
I have been dithering about getting "Fall of Giants". I absolutely loved Pillars of the Earth and World Without End, and rate them among my all time favourite books .... actually my list of all-time favourites is huge as I'm not good at choosing :rotflmao: but anyway, I've been uncertain about getting Fall of Giants as I read a few negative reviews, although I suspect that they were from people who were just expecting another Pillars of the Earth and because the subject matter is very different were perhaps disappointed? Possibly. It's a theory! :D I need to wait for it to come out in paperbook or turn up in a 2nd hand book shop and then I'll give it a whirl! Books are HUGELY expensive here in Australia, so mainly I have to be patient and resort to getting them sent over from UK by the BookDepository who ship for free - yayyy!

The Historian is great... I haven't re-read this for ages, but I might just bump it up my list...

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

joanna25 said:
Currently reading Madeleine by Kate McCann.

Not sure how I feel about it to be honest, and don't want to discuss it too much for fear of opening a massive can of worms! Everyone I know has an opinion of that woman!!

Does she admit to being involved?

wallace_g2 said:
Does she admit to being involved?

Does she 'eck!!!!!! I've just got about half way through and that's when they started getting accused! I can't say I'm exactly warming to the woman, but equally I have no idea what to believe to be honest.....

Caitlin Moran's book comes out on Thursday, I've pre-ordered it.
It's called 'How to be a woman', and there have been some extracts of it published in The Times and it looks like it's going to be amazing!!!

Just finished reading One Day. I was really shocked at one part of it (those who've read it will know what I mean!) I wish I hadn't finished it now though :(
On the plus side though I've found a £50 Waterstones voucher, bad side is their ebooks won't work on the Kindle.

MattsMum said:
Just finished reading One Day. I was really shocked at one part of it (those who've read it will know what I mean!) I wish I hadn't finished it now though :(
On the plus side though I've found a £50 Waterstones voucher, bad side is their ebooks won't work on the Kindle.

Can you not convert them?

And I was gutted when I finished it too....loved it!!

Starlight said:
I really enjoyed the book. Quite heart breaking at some points

It's a truly awful story...and yes some of it's really sad....I just for some reason cannot warm to Kate and I don't know why because I normally love everybody!!!

MattsMum said:

You should be able to convert them. What format are they

I'm currently reading 'A Clash Of Kings' by George R. R. Martin. The 2nd book in the same series as 'A Game Of Thrones'. Love it! Already have the rest of the books sat waiting for me to read :D

Starlight said:
You should be able to convert them. What format are they

They're encrypted with DRM so Calibre can't convert them. I googled it and I can't see anyway around it. I spent the voucher today on 'real' books. It felt really odd but I suppose I can share them with my Nan afterwards which I can't with Kindle. :)
I soooo prefer Kindle now!

I'm currently reading 'A Clash Of Kings' by George R. R. Martin. The 2nd book in the same series as 'A Game Of Thrones'. Love it! Already have the rest of the books sat waiting for me to read :D

I did that last year, read them all pretty much back to back! Now I just have to wait for the next one to come out in paperback, which hopefully will be the end of this year as it's due out in hardback next month! They are an excellent read! :D

Back