What's everyone reading at the moment?

OzzieMoz said:
I did that last year, read them all pretty much back to back! Now I just have to wait for the next one to come out in paperback, which hopefully will be the end of this year as it's due out in hardback next month! They are an excellent read! :D

I think it comes out in paperback in september, was looking at it on amazon the other day. I'll prob still be reading the others by then. Half way through clash of kings atm. I like how it's at the pov of a different character during each chapter, makes it a tiny bit easier to put down when I need sleep! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

_Gizmo_ said:
I think it comes out in paperback in september, was looking at it on amazon the other day. I'll prob still be reading the others by then. Half way through clash of kings atm. I like how it's at the pov of a different character during each chapter, makes it a tiny bit easier to put down when I need sleep! Lol

Oooh never heard of these....what are they about?
X

Finished To Kill a Mockingbird for like the millionth time :D

Trying to find my Shutter Island book so I can read that again - cannot for the life of me remember where I've put it :confused:

Princess_Stevie said:
Finished To Kill a Mockingbird for like the millionth time :D

Trying to find my Shutter Island book so I can read that again - cannot for the life of me remember where I've put it :confused:

Seen the film and loved it, never read the book, must give it a go... xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

The film is great isn't it, have seen it 3 times now and always pick up different things every time I watch it! The book is even better, you would enjoy it xx

Princess_Stevie said:
The film is great isn't it, have seen it 3 times now and always pick up different things every time I watch it! The book is even better, you would enjoy it xx

I'll download it on my kindle next... xx

Which book is it that you're referring to Bunny? When God was a rabbit?

I'm interested as it's on my "to consider" list.

C x

Yes, Rabbit...out of 5 i'd give it 3.5.. i don't think it's worth buying, maybe check it out at the library?

Just blew through The Passage (loved this!! Where's part two???) q as recommended :) and Ken Folletts Fall of Giants :) which was an amazing read!! Now got The Historian waiting on my shelf! But I'm halfway through Paul Hoffmans The Last Four Things which isn't grabbing me like The Left Hand of God did :(

I read The Passage when it came out in hardback, i loved it and i read it quite quickly considering the door wedge size of it!.. not sure when part 2 is out :( looking forward to it, it's gonna make a brilliant movie!

The Historian is brilliant!!

I have been dithering about getting "Fall of Giants". I absolutely loved Pillars of the Earth and World Without End, and rate them among my all time favourite books .... actually my list of all-time favourites is huge as I'm not good at choosing :rotflmao: but anyway, I've been uncertain about getting Fall of Giants as I read a few negative reviews, although I suspect that they were from people who were just expecting another Pillars of the Earth and because the subject matter is very different were perhaps disappointed? Possibly. It's a theory! :D I need to wait for it to come out in paperbook or turn up in a 2nd hand book shop and then I'll give it a whirl! Books are HUGELY expensive here in Australia, so mainly I have to be patient and resort to getting them sent over from UK by the BookDepository who ship for free - yayyy!

I have Ken Follett on my shelf, not literally lol!.. they've been sat there for months waiting to be read.. i read the blurb on Fall of Giants, might get it, i have seen a few negative reveiws, i never take too much notice if there's only a few :rolleyes:

I'm currently reading 'A Clash Of Kings' by George R. R. Martin. The 2nd book in the same series as 'A Game Of Thrones'. Love it! Already have the rest of the books sat waiting for me to read :D

I bought Game of Thrones a few weeks ago after i started watching it on Atlantic, i've really got into it, it ends next week though :( Hopefully going to start this soon :D

I watched the film and i was soooo bored it was unreal.. i forced myself to watch it as i'd just paid 13 quid for it!

Currently reading Madeleine by Kate McCann.

Not sure how I feel about it to be honest, and don't want to discuss it too much for fear of opening a massive can of worms! Everyone I know has an opinion of that woman!!

I know what you mean about 'the worms' it's a hard one isn't it?!
I haven't read the book and i'm not going to, i don't think it would change my opinion of those parents, especially Kate..

I would never leave any of my children alone and unattended, what they did was wrong and if they hadn't have chosen partying over those children then things would be so different. The parents have to live with that, and whatever Kate has to say in that book, would never make me warm to her :rolleyes:

I'm currently reading Under The Skin, by Michel Faber.

Isserley always drove straight past a hitch-hiker when she first saw him, to give herself time to size him up. She was looking for big muscles: a hunk on legs. Puny, scrawny specimens were no use to her.​

A lone female scouts the Scottish Highlands in search of well-proportioned men and the reader is given to expect the unfolding of some latter-day psychosexual drama. But commonplace expectation is no guide for this strange and deeply unsettling book; small details at first, then more major clues, suggest that something deeply bizarre is afoot. What are the reason's for Isserley's extensive surgical scarring, her thick glasses (which are just glass), her excruciating backache? Who are the solitary few who work on the farm where her cottage is located? And why are they all nervous about the arrival of someone called Amlis Vess? The ensuing narrative is one of such cumulative, compelling strangeness that it almost defies description--the one thing that can be said with certainty is that Under The Skin is unlike anything else you have ever read. The result is a narrative of enormous imaginative and emotional coherence from a writer whose control of his medium is nearly flawless and who applies the rules of psychological realism to a fictional world that is terrifying and unearthly to the point that the reader's identification with Isserley becomes one of absolute sympathy.

Bunny_hop - Thanks for the tip re When God was a Rabbit, I'll bear that in mind.

Under the skin looks intriguing. Have you started I yet? If so, what is it like?

I've got to put down the book I'm reading at the moment as I have book club next Tuesday and I haven't even started this moth's book yet, which is Room. Hopefully I'll breeze through it in a couple of days.

C x

I'm now re-reading the True Blood books; nice, light and fluffy. As well as the other technical books I've mentioned before and started reading the e-book version of my uni text book for my next module.

Wicca303 said:
I'm now re-reading the True Blood books; nice, light and fluffy. As well as the other technical books I've mentioned before and started reading the e-book version of my uni text book for my next module.

Ooo... love those... put me name down for Eric Northman... lol

bunny_hops said:
I bought Game of Thrones a few weeks ago after i started watching it on Atlantic, i've really got into it, it ends next week though :( Hopefully going to start this soon :D

The books are better than the tv show, which had changed a few things, like where are the direwolves when they're meant to be in it?! love the show anyways! Lol
I can't wait for the series finale, will be interesting to see how they've done things.

I'm currently reading Under The Skin, by Michel Faber.
Isserley always drove straight past a hitch-hiker when she first saw him, to give herself time to size him up. She was looking for big muscles: a hunk on legs. Puny, scrawny specimens were no use to her.​

A lone female scouts the Scottish Highlands in search of well-proportioned men and the reader is given to expect the unfolding of some latter-day psychosexual drama. But commonplace expectation is no guide for this strange and deeply unsettling book; small details at first, then more major clues, suggest that something deeply bizarre is afoot. What are the reason's for Isserley's extensive surgical scarring, her thick glasses (which are just glass), her excruciating backache? Who are the solitary few who work on the farm where her cottage is located? And why are they all nervous about the arrival of someone called Amlis Vess? The ensuing narrative is one of such cumulative, compelling strangeness that it almost defies description--the one thing that can be said with certainty is that Under The Skin is unlike anything else you have ever read. The result is a narrative of enormous imaginative and emotional coherence from a writer whose control of his medium is nearly flawless and who applies the rules of psychological realism to a fictional world that is terrifying and unearthly to the point that the reader's identification with Isserley becomes one of absolute sympathy.

I saw this a couple hours ago, so looked it up on Amazon, read the reviews and was totally intrigued by it. I downloaded it to my Kindle and have already read a chunk of it. Wow is all I can say, very very fascinating story that has already morphed into something unexpected. Cant wait to see what happens next!

STILL, ploughing through madeleine. It's not tough to read; I'm just losing interest!!!

Back