What's everyone reading at the moment?

Hi im reasing a book called lovely bones by alice sebold its very diffrent realy getting into it anyone else read it

I read the lovely bones ages ago, i thought it was dire..the start was good then it just seemed to slide down hill, i skim read the rest...

Last edited:
i FINALLY finished madeleine!!! just started before the storm by Diane Chamberlain x

Last edited:
I am about to embark on We Need to Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver!

Reviews are mixed so will let you know :D

Books0805LionelShriver.jpg

Just finished Alex Barclay's Dead on Time... Typical crime thriller, a genre I dip my toe into now and again...Bought a new book at Whitby well two actually, but going to start Kissing Sin by Kerri Arthur second in the Riley Jensen series... The other one was yet another on Jack the Ripper, someone else's take on who he/ she was... But, I shall hang onto that until after the next bookclub one at DarkSouls...

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

I am about to embark on We Need to Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver!

Reviews are mixed so will let you know :D

Books0805LionelShriver.jpg

I read this a while, I'll be interested in seeing what you think! :)

*Emsie* said:
I have just started The private lives of Pipa Lee, am off work for a while so looking forward to catching up on a few books been meaning to read for ages :)

Love it when you get 'reading' time enjoy... xx

ive just finished The Crimson Petal and the White, loved it, and desperately want to write an ending for it lol. HAve also just finished The Case of the Missing Boyfriend, really enjoyed that and may read some more by the same author, Nick Alexander I think. Not sure what to start on next, ive browsed a few books on my kindle, but nothing is really grabbing me right now. I tried The Tigers Wife, but just lost patience with it. I need some more holiday chick lit i think

I'm reading Dawn frenchs first fiction novel it's hilarious

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

ive just finished The Crimson Petal and the White, loved it, and desperately want to write an ending for it lol. HAve also just finished The Case of the Missing Boyfriend, really enjoyed that and may read some more by the same author, Nick Alexander I think. Not sure what to start on next, ive browsed a few books on my kindle, but nothing is really grabbing me right now. I tried The Tigers Wife, but just lost patience with it. I need some more holiday chick lit i think

The Petal and other stories, is a great little follow up top crimson. My recent buys and reads..

The Radleys, The Story of Beautiful Girl, How to be a Woman, Meet Me at the Cupcake Cafe, Asylum, The Report, Days of Grace, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, Gillespie and I, The Book of Negroes....

anything grab you? :)

I'm reading Dawn frenchs first fiction novel it's hilarious

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I bought this the other day, haven't got round to it yet...not my usual thing, but thought I'd try due to the author :)

I've read "The Private Lives of Pippa Lee"-good idea but not sure about the execution. "We need to talk about Kevin" was gripping and thought-provoking; definitely worth a read!

I'm reading "Anna Karenina" by Leo Tolstoy at the moment. Tolstoy has an eye for detail in terms of descriptive passages but the book is a tad overlong; it could've been edited down to 500/600 pages easy. Good at the start but I'm finding my interest waning as I *still haven't finished it!*

Survivors by Terry Nation - one of my favorite tv shows, and the book is even better!

prior to that it was The World of normal boys - K.M. Soehnlein

I've started One Moment,One Morning.

I finished About Last Night by Adele Parks, I really enjoyed it.

There's not enough hours in the day! ;)

I just finished a book called 'hope' by lesley pearse.... Very very good book.. Couldnt put it down

I've been reading Life of Pi by Yann Martel. Nearly finished it now and not sure if I like it. I really enjoyed the first part and how it was written but after the crossing it felt like a different book and a different writing style. Going to reserve judgement till I finish it!

Just started Kissing Sin by Keri Arthur... It's part of the Riley Jenson series... Vampire/ Lycan type excuse the pun but something to get my teeth into... Her style is similar to Laurell K Hamilton, before she turned her main character Anita Blake into a nympho... I hope this series doesn't go the same way...

Back