What's everyone reading at the moment?

About 100 pages into Stephen kings 'The Stand'; having been on holiday, have read The Dome also by king
McCarthys Bar,
the death instinct
In her shoes, and a few of Asimovs iRobot stories...
Also just finished 'Beautiful' the autobiography of Katie; the lady who had acid thrown on her; it is such a moving story; I was in tears; I have nothing but sheer admiration for her.

Have just brought the first two Stieg Larsson books too; as well as Tinker tailor soldier spy... Think thats it; it's the psychology that I have asked for a kindle for my birthday in October so I am trying to buy the actual books I want now! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Katie68 said:
I'm reading Dawn frenchs first fiction novel it's hilarious

Hi i cant get into it and yet was so excited cos dawn french my fav comediene

bunny_hops said:
I read the lovely bones ages ago, i thought it was dire..the start was good then it just seemed to slide down hill, i skim read the rest...

Hi imrealy struggling with lovely bones as bit slow losing interest did u feel the same

ladybelle said:
About 100 pages into Stephen kings 'The Stand'; having been on holiday, have read The Dome also by king
McCarthys Bar,
the death instinct
In her shoes, and a few of Asimovs iRobot stories...
Also just finished 'Beautiful' the autobiography of Katie; the lady who had acid thrown on her; it is such a moving story; I was in tears; I have nothing but sheer admiration for her.

Have just brought the first two Stieg Larsson books too; as well as Tinker tailor soldier spy... Think thats it; it's the psychology that I have asked for a kindle for my birthday in October so I am trying to buy the actual books I want now! :)

The Stand is possibly my favourite Stephen King book. It gives me total chills.

lalta said:
Hi imrealy struggling with lovely bones as bit slow losing interest did u feel the same

I started to read it a few years ago and thought the same. I abandoned it, my nan borrowed it and did the same. I found it truly overrated by the media.

Wicca303 said:
The Stand is possibly my favourite Stephen King book. It gives me total chills.

My oh bought it me when I had the flu years ago... I was a tad scared as the symptoms were the same, funny now though...

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

I am reading Twilight at the moment, Breaking Dawn, it's really good.

Ha Ha... I have just got over a horrendous cold... am so glad I got rid of the cold before starting the book.. I'ts amazing how King does it; I read The Mist short story and I must say it gave me the willies! So much so if I was reading before bed time I would have to find something a bit more fluffy for a few minutes before turning in! YIKES! :-D

Lynn_ said:
ive just finished The Crimson Petal and the White, loved it, and desperately want to write an ending for it lol. HAve also just finished The Case of the Missing Boyfriend, really enjoyed that and may read some more by the same author, Nick Alexander I think. Not sure what to start on next, ive browsed a few books on my kindle, but nothing is really grabbing me right now. I tried The Tigers Wife, but just lost patience with it. I need some more holiday chick lit i think

I've just finished Crimson Petal too, and what a great, but lengthy read! I've just started One Day by David Nicholls! I've had it on my Kindle for ages but decided to read it next as I've just seen a trailor for it at the cinema! I didn't realise it had been made into a film! X

funcurls said:
I've just finished Crimson Petal too, and what a great, but lengthy read! I've just started One Day by David Nicholls! I've had it on my Kindle for ages but decided to read it next as I've just seen a trailor for it at the cinema! I didn't realise it had been made into a film! X

I finished One Day a few weeks ago. I loved it, I only realised it was going to be a film this week too when I noticed it said on the new paperback cover.

I'm dragging my husband to watch it when it comes out!! :) Ann Hathaway's accent is awful though!

I'm reading One Moment, One Morning at the minute.

MattsMum said:
I finished One Day a few weeks ago. I loved it, I only realised it was going to be a film this week too when I noticed it said on the new paperback cover.

I'm dragging my husband to watch it when it comes out!! :) Ann Hathaway's accent is awful though!

I have One Moment, One Morning but haven't started it yet, so will be good to see what you think about it :)

dudette2001uk said:
I'm currently reading what feels like billions of articles on using ICT to teach mathematics :sigh:

Ooo poor you, I hate it when I have to read stuff for work... I prefer to escape with a book... Hugs... xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Just finished One Day, didnt realise there is going to be a movie. Bit disapointed they have got an american acctress to play emma though.

Loved the book, hope the movie does it some justice. x

stacy87 said:
I have One Moment, One Morning but haven't started it yet, so will be good to see what you think about it :)

I'm 68% into it and I'm still waiting for it to start, if you know what I mean.
I read the sample and thought it would be good but it is actually quite dull in my opinion.

I'm reading 'a storm of swords' part 2 by George r r Martin. It's the 3rd book of the same series as game of thrones. I'm addicted! One of the best books I've read!

Back