What's everyone reading at the moment?

Just finished One Day, didnt realise there is going to be a movie. Bit disapointed they have got an american acctress to play emma though.

Loved the book, hope the movie does it some justice. x

I'm about 1/3 of the way through the book and LOVING it!! So fun to read and love the characters! I do like Ann Hathaway but I can't see why they don't just cast someone British when there are so many good British actresses around! She's a great actress but her accent is appalling! Seems to be the modern way these days! American actresses for the British parts and British actresses for the American parts! The whole world has gone mad and all topsy turvy!!!X

I'm reading P is for Peril...part of the alphabet series bySue Grafton. They're based around the main character Kinsey Millhone who is a private investigator. I was reading Q is for Quarry but realised I hadn't actually finished P is for Peril! Doh! So I've got Q, R, S, T and U to go! :D

Just finished Kissing Sin by Keri Arthur... Very enjoyable, like my bit of 'vampire' fluff... Next up, a Phil Rickman, in his Merrily Watkins series...

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

funcurls said:
I'm about 1/3 of the way through the book and LOVING it!! So fun to read and love the characters! I do like Ann Hathaway but I can't see why they don't just cast someone British when there are so many good British actresses around! She's a great actress but her accent is appalling! Seems to be the modern way these days! American actresses for the British parts and British actresses for the American parts! The whole world has gone mad and all topsy turvy!!!X

Emily blunt would be good in it.

i am currently reading the lovely bones by Alice Sebold, saw the film advertised and decided the read the book instead.

Robandmandy said:
i am currently reading the lovely bones by Alice Sebold, saw the film advertised and decided the read the book instead.

Hi hope you dont mind me asking how u getting on with lovely bones im also reading it but struggling im nearly halfway through but very slow

Hi hope you dont mind me asking how u getting on with lovely bones im also reading it but struggling im nearly halfway through but very slow

I started reading this and it was good, then it slowly dipped for me... I skim read all the middle and read the last chapter properly.. soooooo boring! and it was all so repetitive, was a hard slog!

i have stalled reading it, found it a bit slow and lost a bit of interest. then again i can do that with any book, i did when i read the host by stephenie meyers but continued and enjoyed it. hoping that will be the same with this one.

Happy Holidays said:
Just started Babylon Rising by Tim LaHaye & Greg Dinallo; it's a thriller series based bible prophecies.

This sounds interesting, I might have to have a look at this...

just finished lovely bones found it a watered down copy of ghost loved the beginning but after 3rd chapter just dragged started carol griffin biography oh carol

Robandmandy said:
i have stalled reading it, found it a bit slow and lost a bit of interest. then again i can do that with any book, i did when i read the host by stephenie meyers but continued and enjoyed it. hoping that will be the same with this one.

Just finished lovely bones and to be truthful just found it very similar to the movie ghost but very very slow iv started biography of carol mcgriffin and lorraine kelly lets hope more exciting

some nice light reading...

Mini Shopaholic - Sophie Kinsella

I have just started a book called one day - by David Nicholls - pretty good so far :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Happy Holidays said:
I'm now half way through & it's very good, but I'm not too sure 'thriller' is the correct word to use.

I have downloaded it to my kindle and will read it at break time at work... Thanks, will let you know what I think...

I've been re-reading my first ever adult type books i read as a teenager- the flowers in the attic series, anyone know this series?

Back