What's everyone reading at the moment?

laa68 said:
I've been re-reading my first ever adult type books i read as a teenager- the flowers in the attic series, anyone know this series?

Victoria Andrews I believe, its a long time since I've read them... I think the author use dead now...

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

I've been re-reading my first ever adult type books i read as a teenager- the flowers in the attic series, anyone know this series?

yeah i loved that series of books.... also read as my step into the adult book reads those and some Helen Forrester ones...

I've now finished One Day by David Nicholls! I really enjoyed it and loved the way it spanned over 20 years and focused on 15th July each year! Well written and very readable, I really got to like Emma, one of the main characters- very witty! It's been made into a film which will be out really soon so can't wait to see it now! I've just started reading a book called 'A Fine Balance' by Rohinton Mistry! It's about characters lives linking together in India in the 1970s (can't elaborate much more on that yet I'm afraid!!) The reviews are really good on Amazon and a friend recommended it to me!X

Do others have the same problem as me?? I read the cover of the book, think this looks a good read, start reading the book and if it doesn't grab me in the first few pages give up???

I've started 4 book recently and given up on all of them!!!

Just about to start a new one (can't remember it's name :eek:) so I'll let you know how I get on :)

Yes I read the series years ago & really enjoyed it.

sleepytimesadie said:
Yeah? Well excuse me I'm old and get confused, think they call it something, but I can't remember...

Teehee! I like it! I'm like that ALL the time and there's nowt worse than some smart arse coming along and correcting you....x

funcurls said:
Teehee! I like it! I'm like that ALL the time and there's nowt worse than some smart arse coming along and correcting you....x

I don't mind be corrected love, and I ain't perfect, I'm just me... old, fat and forgetful... Years of alcohol abuse has killed more brain cells than I would care to think about...xx

I'm reading A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin. Was really impressed by the TV version so thought I'd Kindle it and see if I wanted to read the rest of the books in the series. Very much enjoying it so far.

I'm now reading a feast for crows by George r r Martin. Not as good as the other books so far but I'm only a few chapters in.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Just finished Phil Rickman 'The Remains of an Alter'... Thoughly enjoyed it, I love the Merrily Watkins books, they are very sophisticated crime novels, the narrative grips you like a clamp from the get go... He writes so well it makes you care about what happens to his characters... It is almost like The Vicar of Dibley morphs into an episode of Cracker...

I'm now reading a feast for crows by George r r Martin. Not as good as the other books so far but I'm only a few chapters in.

Funny you should say that!! My friend just transferred the first 2 books onto my Kindle from her Ipad last night in work! Game of Thrones and whatever the second one was! Are they really fab then?X

I'm reading A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin. Was really impressed by the TV version so thought I'd Kindle it and see if I wanted to read the rest of the books in the series. Very much enjoying it so far.

I'm going to read that soon Ulysses because my friend put it on my Kindle last night!! I have sussed out how to share books with other friends'/familys' kindles and devices and this is very exciting!! Now overrun with books and don't know where to turn next lol!!!X

Funny you should say that!! My friend just transferred the first 2 books onto my Kindle from her Ipad last night in work! Game of Thrones and whatever the second one was! Are they really fab then?X

I really like them. And I find it hard to get into books most of the time. The third book is my fave so far. A feast for crows seems to be getting better but basically this book and A dance with dragons have been split so most of my fave characters to read are in book 5. I have it sat at home ready to read. Biggest book i've seen! lol it's huge!

I've just finished reading The Shadow of The Wind and Angels Game by Carols Ruiz Zafon. I've read them both twice now and absolutely love them!

I've also just read Fear The Worst by Linwood Barclay, that was ok but ending was weak! Hate that with a book you've enjoyed up until the dull ending!!

Back