What's everyone reading at the moment?

not enjoying bad things so giving up and starting book nine of the morganville

Life is too short for a bad book

ronniejacobs said:
not enjoying bad things so giving up and starting book nine of the morganville

Life is too short for a bad book

I quite agree... We had one in the book club lately that was boring, I used to force myself to read it, in the end about chapter ten, I gave up...

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Started the new bookclub book, Pretty Little Things by Juliana Hoffman... It's good, I'm about half way through, and I only picked it up yesterday...

I'm finishing Emily Bronte's "Wuthering Heights" today. :D
I love it, such a well-written book... though it does take a long time to plough through! I have about 15-20 pages left, so I'm hoping to finish it by tonight.

Then, it's on to "Atonement" by Ian McEwan. I can't wait; I've wanted to read it for ages, but never got around to it. The trailer for the film looks fantastic, but I can't bring myself to watch it until I've read the book. (I prefer to read books first, then watch the film later - one of my few exceptions to this was Lord of the Rings, where the films being so great prompted me to read the books.)

Then, it's on to "Atonement" by Ian McEwan. I can't wait; I've wanted to read it for ages, but never got around to it. The trailer for the film looks fantastic, but I can't bring myself to watch it until I've read the book. (I prefer to read books first, then watch the film later - one of my few exceptions to this was Lord of the Rings, where the films being so great prompted me to read the books.)

I've read Atonement, it's really good, I deliberately didn't watch the film.

Just read:

When God was a Rabbit by Sarah Winman
and
The Woman He loved Before by Dorothy Koomson

Both fabulous reads

I like hers too... And Patrica Cornwell...

Third vote for Karin Slaughter! Just bought that book as a treat for giving up smoking :)

I also really like Patricia Cornwell...waiting patiently for the next book to come out :)

bunnylovesalan said:
I am presently reading 'How to be A Woman' by Catalin Moran, absoutely brillently funny and really great read on feminism :)

I've just started this. So far I'm loving it. Can really relate to some of the early stuff

I read Janet Evanovich's "One for the Money" yesterday, the first of the Stephanie Plum series. I've been thinking about trying them for a while but was put off because I like a nice weighty read. I really enjoyed the story and her writing style but it wasn't good value for money as I had it read in one afternoon! Think it's one for me to keep an eye out for in charity shops and second hand shops rather than buy new.

I'm on to Kathy Reich's "Devil Bones" now. I think I'm nearly up to date with her books, just 206 Bones and Mortal Remains/Spider Bones to go after this. Has anyone tried her book for the younger reader "Virals"?

I've just started this. So far I'm loving it. Can really relate to some of the early stuff

It is brillent and nearly finished - I cannot stop laughing outloud - my OH read the back description and moaned, men ha! I do releate to a lot of it and love the fact it is about general female issues!

OzzieMoz said:
I read Janet Evanovich's "One for the Money" yesterday, the first of the Stephanie Plum series. I've been thinking about trying them for a while but was put off because I like a nice weighty read. I really enjoyed the story and her writing style but it wasn't good value for money as I had it read in one afternoon! Think it's one for me to keep an eye out for in charity shops and second hand shops rather than buy new.

I'm on to Kathy Reich's "Devil Bones" now. I think I'm nearly up to date with her books, just 206 Bones and Mortal Remains/Spider Bones to go after this. Has anyone tried her book for the younger reader "Virals"?

I've read it, it's really good. I didn't realise it was for teens until I was half way through it. I do often read "younger" fiction, vampires and stuff.

Back