What's everyone reading at the moment?

I'm reading Roald Dahl's The Witches with my son. He hates reading 'real' books but loves reading from the Kindle. :)

I have just started a book called What You Don't Know by Lizzie Enfield.

I'm currently reading A Dance With Dragons by George RR Martin. Nearly about half way through, it's massive!

I have the Shadowmarch series by Tad Williams lined up for when I finish the A song of ice and fire series. Found the 3rd book in a charity shop at the weekend and it looked like my type of thing so I ordered the first 2 books off amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm currently reading A Dance With Dragons by George RR Martin. Nearly about half way through, it's massive!

What's it about, I've just got two George RR Martin books, which incidently are humongous:eek: and if it's simliar genre will consider getting.

Happy Holidays said:
What's it about, I've just got two George RR Martin books, which incidently are humongous:eek: and if it's simliar genre will consider getting.

It's the 5th book in the game of thrones series. Biggest out of the lot. Huge hardback which is around 1000 pages. Very good so far.

It's the 5th book in the game of thrones series. Biggest out of the lot. Huge hardback which is around 1000 pages. Very good so far.

I'm really looking forward to reading this but I have to wait til it comes out in paperback :cry:

Just finished Solomon's Song by Bryce Courtenay. A very good book but I didn't like the ending and since it was ending the trilogy, that pee'd me off a tad. It wasn't so much the last thing that happened in the book just that it stopped suddenly as if the writer just thought "ahhhh stuff it, I've had enough". The End.

I'm now between books and I don't know what to read next. I do have a choice, I was going to read Jasper Fforde's Shades of Grey, but I think on reflection I might have a delve back in history and read another CJ Sansom, Sovereign. Or it might be a Robin Hobb - choice is not always a good thing :rotflmao:

Just finished reading Falling Star by Diana Dempsey - free on Amazon for Kindle.

Great beach/holiday book - couldn't put it down - even though I'm not on holiday! OH said I prefer the Kindle to him!!!

Well worth getting for a freebie.

suespain said:
Just finished reading Falling Star by Diana Dempsey - free on Amazon for Kindle.

Great beach/holiday book - couldn't put it down - even though I'm not on holiday! OH said I prefer the Kindle to him!!!

Well worth getting for a freebie.

Well worth getting a kindle, lol... xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Just re-reading Dark Dance by Tanith Lee... It waved at me from the shelf... I haven't read it for years... I like doing that... It's like visiting an old friend...

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

I've just started An Angel by my Side, by Jacky Newcomb. So far its about her life communicating with the afterlife & it's really interesting.

I'm quite spiritual and have enjoyed books by Sally thingy and Doris Stokes :)

I'm reading MissPeregrine's Home for Peculiar Children

I adore this cover, I love this weird, strange, disturbing and gothic and the pictures inside are very haunting ;)

A mysterious island. An abandoned orphanage. And a strange collection of very curious photographs. It all waits to be discovered in "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children", an unforgettable novel that mixes fiction and photography in a thrilling reading experience. As our story opens, a horrific family tragedy sets sixteen-year-old Jacob journeying to a remote island off the coast of Wales, where he discovers the crumbling ruins of Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. As Jacob explores its abandoned bedrooms and hallways, it becomes clear that the children who once lived here - one of whom was his own grandfather - were more than just peculiar. They may have been dangerous. They may have been quarantined on a desolate island for good reason. And somehow - impossible though it seems - they may still be alive. A spine-tingling fantasy illustrated with haunting vintage photography, "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children" will delight adults, teens, and anyone who relishes an adventure in the shadows.

I'm quite spiritual and have enjoyed books by Sally thingy and Doris Stokes :)

Sally Morgan:D, this is the first time I've read anything like this before.

I'm reading MissPeregrine's Home for Peculiar Children

I adore this cover, I love this weird, strange, disturbing and gothic and the pictures inside are very haunting ;)

I love it that you make the effort show us the cover & a synopsis.;)

Kindles are definately the way forward guys! I was one of those people who said I would never get one because 'I like books' but that is exactly why they are great! So so many books all in one little lovely handheld device.
I have just finished a lovely book called 'The Art of Racing in the Rain'. It is told from the point of view of a dog. Made me cry a bit.
Now reading 'We Need to talk about Kevin'. Am enjoying it so far.

Oh another brilliant book I recently read that I would highly recommend is 'The Book Thief'.

Fionat29 said:
I just read two series of books by Rachel Caine. One series is about living amongst vampires and the other, about a class of people who help control the planets systems, fire, air and earth.
They are teen fiction but fantastic to read, I'm just waiting for all the others I've reserved at the library to turn up!!!

Love these two series. Morganville Vampires is great but I really love the Weather Warden series.

Currently reading:

Othello (for uni)
Clan of the Cave Bear (for me)

Back