What's everyone reading at the moment?

Currently reading One Day by david Nicoholls. Once thats finished i've got The Passage by Justin Crowmer, I'm excited about that one xx

Halfway through 'Personal Darkness' by Tanith Lee... Another re- read as I just read Dark Dance after a few years, and it set me off to re-read the whole series... I like doing this now and again... I always think its like visiting an old mate, familiar, but with forgotten delights...

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

It's sci fi month at bookclub & I've 2 on the go, The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury (poetic) & a real future Earth one Brave New World by Aldous Huxley (just started & loving it - totally my kind of thing!)

As recommended by so many people on here I'm now reading The Ice Cream Girls & it definately is a good recomendation, I'm really enjoying it.

Currently reading Karl Pilkingtons an idiot abroad diaries. Hilarious!

Finished the game of thrones series at the weekend. I don't want to wait years to find out what happens =( having major withdrawal symptoms now! Lol

Got the shadowmarch series by tad Williams sat waiting for me to read. Has anyone read these before? I hadn't heard of them until I found book 3 in a charity shop a few weeks ago

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Finished the game of thrones series at the weekend. I don't want to wait years to find out what happens =( having major withdrawal symptoms now! Lol

Which books are in the series? I watched the series on TV would you recommend now reading the books?

The books are.....

A Game of Thrones
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords (Part 1 Steel & Snow)and Part 2 Blood & Gold)
A Feast for Crows
A Dance with Dragons

They are an excellent read and I would hazard a guess that as with most things that the books are better than the series, no matter how excellent that might be! I haven't seen the series yet so can't make the comparison!

One thing I would say though is that if you do decide to read the books I wouldn't rush through them as it will be donkeys ages probably til the next one comes out! He is notoriously slow to publish.

Definately. The books are better than the tv show, but now I really want to watch the tv series again.

There's a game of thrones, a clash of kings, a storm of swords, a feast for crows and a dance with dragons. The last 2 books will be the winds of winter and a dream of spring I think but it'll be years before they're out.

Currently Jamrach's Menagerie, and oh my is it good, definitely in my top 5 books of all time, brilliant !

Just finished The One You Love - Paul Pilkington - free on Kindle download - very good a real page turner - would recommend it.

A book club, I love it, will certainly be reading through the old posts to find some good reads. Im currently reading One Day by David Nicholls, its taking me a while to get through it as my 11 week old has other ideas for my time but Im really enjoying it.

Currently Jamrach's Menagerie, and oh my is it good, definitely in my top 5 books of all time, brilliant !

I read this when it first came out! I LOVED it!! :)

A book club, I love it, will certainly be reading through the old posts to find some good reads. Im currently reading One Day by David Nicholls, its taking me a while to get through it as my 11 week old has other ideas for my time but Im really enjoying it.

Welcome to our bookish group.... there's some great recommendations on here, adds up on the wishlist ;)

finished the Alchemist brilliant book :)
now starting on A winner stands alone

I'm reading Jesse Keane, The Make. Never read anything by her before but really enjoying it. Everyone seems to be reading One Day at the moment, I read it last year and loved it. Since I got my kindle I read so many books that I probably never would have otherwise. There are so many cheap and free books for it and I download loads! Mind you, I can sometimes get through 4 books in a week so they don't last long!

Hope you don't mind me joining in?
I've just finished re-reading Life of Pi, which I would always recommend :D

And picked up 'Eat, Pray, Love'

I loved Life of Pi....didn't think much to Eat, Pray Love though :)

Last edited:
Back