What's everyone reading at the moment?

charlie's~mummy said:
I loved the help so sad but thought the ending could have been better I'm debating reading we need to talk about Kevin too xx

Yes I was hoping for some well deserved revenge against Miss Hilly, to see her really have her comeuppence! And there are other things I'd have liked to have seen happen (without wanting to spoil it for anyone else) but some of my wishes are probably a bit fairytale-like and actually its probably a good thing to have finished as it did because it kept it very real!! The point had been made and we all know what good came from anti-aparteid in the years to come (although I know there are still prejudices and movements that aren't positively progressive!) X

Just finished "The Vampire Shrink" by Lynda Hilburn, it was fantastic, a well written, well plotted novel... Turns the genre in a new direction, and breathes life into what can be an overwritten subject... The Vampires are by turn sexy, witty and above all NOT twinkly, this is not a book for those that like "fluffy" Vampires, this is a book for the true lovers of the genre and those who want killers, thrills and laughs... Nice touches from the Author make you want to read more, and I for one will be putting this forward for both DarkSouls and The Vampire Society members, and awaiting the next book with eagerness...

the book theif is fab, i loved the stand and gargoyle was very good.

Almost finished Room and its great

OddSock said:
I'm currently reading The Book Thief, and it's absolutely brilliant! I get upset when I have to stop reading it, haha. Highly recommended! :)

Thanks for that! I have it on my Kindle so will defo prioritize it! X

OddSock said:
I'm currently reading The Book Thief, and it's absolutely brilliant! I get upset when I have to stop reading it, haha. Highly recommended! :)

I loved The Book Thief too. Cried a few times but lots of books have that effect on me. I cry when they're happy, sad, funny, anything can set me off.

I read Janet Evanovich's "Two for the Dough" over the weekend. A quick light enjoyable read!

I've just started C J Sansom's "Sovereign", the third in the Shardlake series - I enjoyed the first two and apparently the series keeps getting better and better so I have high hopes!

I saw this in the library and just had to get it, as a teenager i was madly in love with Donny Osmond he was my first love :) Life is just what you make it by Donny Osmond, this is his autobiography, it is not brilliant, i am not one for autobiographies but it is interesting in a shallow way :)

I like autobiographies & like the sound of this. I'm interested to see how religion played a part in their live especailly with fame.

I'm going to see the Osmonds next April in Blackpool:D

I like autobiographies & like the sound of this. I'm interested to see how religion played a part in their live especailly with fame.

I'm going to see the Osmonds next April in Blackpool:D

Yes, that is why i was interested in the book, i was interested to see how they coped with their religious life and being famous :)

Oddsock - your profile pic is the greatest !!! I had The Book Thief on an audio book on a crazy trip round Europe last summer ,even think of an accordion now without welling up ...
Am bursting to read Jeanette Winterson's new one, Mrs Winterson. Then again, I would read Jeanette Winterson's shopping list and be happy.
Not getting much from WNTTAKevin ... : /
Might book an appointment at the optician and read Bleak House . xx

The Magicians Gambit by David Eddings (Book 3 of The Belgariad) I wonderful series of fantasy books well worth a read.

From Goodreads - Ce'Nedra, Imperial Princess of Tolnedra, was confused. Everyone knew the tales of the Orb that protected the West from the evil God Torak were just silly legends. But here she was, forced to join a serious and dangerous quest to recover that stolen Orb.

Last edited:

"Maurice tells the sotry of a handsome, rather superior young man with a flair for business, a man who is deeply conventional but for one element that puzzles him, torments him and, when finally admitted, saves him. Through Clive, whom he encounters at Cambridge, and through Alex, the gamekeeper on Clive's country estate, Maurice gradually experiences a profound emotional and s**ual awakening.

I'm only a few pages in but so far it's very written & I'm thoughly enjoying it;)

On a bit of an old school end of the world kick right now..... So it's apocalypses of various sorts.....I may need to get out more!!!

I am currently reading The Girl with the dragon tattoo by Stieg Larsson, it is a crime book, i have heard lots of good things about it but had reservations, but decided to give it a go - it is brilliant!

i LOVE these books cant wait for the new film have seen the swedish ones they are fab
Have just finished soul sufer by bethany hamilton who got her arm bit off by a shark while surfing aged 14. Amazing book . Am nop staring Lolas secretr by monica McInnery

I've never read Stieg Larsson's books, would people recommend them? I've finished Shadowmagic (terrible ending!) and am now reading Stolen by Kelley Armstrong, lent to me by a friend. It's part of a series, basically supernatural stuff for people who like their werewolves and vampires a bit tougher than the Twilight ones! Haha.

Back