What's everyone reading at the moment?

I like autobiographies & like the sound of this. I'm interested to see how religion played a part in their live especailly with fame.

I'm going to see the Osmonds next April in Blackpool:D

Hey girls, I have 2 copies of his book, one signed by the man himself :D :D Have lots of lovely memories of times with the family... especially when I did a live one hour long interview with Donny for Radio Newcastle four years ago. (Have got tickets for Newcastle and Doncaster :D )
PS I'm a Mormon too x

As for the book I have just finished in the last day or two... The Help..... HIGHLY recommend it... going to see the movie on Monday as my non food reward for reaching my 100 days on 100% LT :D :D

uklady said:
As for the book I have just finished in the last day or two... The Help..... HIGHLY recommend it... going to see the movie on Monday as my non food reward for reaching my 100 days on 100% LT :D :D

I loved the book too! I desperately want to see the movie too! What a great way to reward yourself in a non-food way!!! I like you're style, and well done for 100 days of 100%, that's very impressive and you must be thrilled with the rewards XXXXXX

I'm reading Rob Brydon's autobiography 'Small Man in a Book'! I love him and he really tickles me! I have met him twice, once at a Simon & Garfunkel concert in Hyde Park and once in the bar of Swansea's Grand Theatre after seeing his show! He was so friendly both times! I'm particularly interested in the book also because he makes lots of references to places in Swansea as he was born here and spent some school years here even though he was brought up in Port Talbot and Porthcawl x

I'm reading Rob Brydon's autobiography 'Small Man in a Book'! I love him and he really tickles me! I have met him twice, once at a Simon & Garfunkel concert in Hyde Park and once in the bar of Swansea's Grand Theatre after seeing his show! He was so friendly both times! I'm particularly interested in the book also because he makes lots of references to places in Swansea as he was born here and spent some school years here even though he was brought up in Port Talbot and Porthcawl x

I'm not a great one for reading autobiographies but I might give his a whirl as I do like Rob Brydon, he's got a lovely sense of humour and a great deal of charm, or at least that is how it always appears to me when I've seen him on the telly!

I'm on the 3rd Stephanie Plum book "Three to Get Deadly" by Janet Evanovich. I find her books very enjoyable to read, you can gallop through them at a rate of knots and come out smiling :D

OzzieMoz said:
I'm not a great one for reading autobiographies but I might give his a whirl as I do like Rob Brydon, he's got a lovely sense of humour and a great deal of charm, or at least that is how it always appears to me when I've seen him on the telly!

I'm on the 3rd Stephanie Plum book "Three to Get Deadly" by Janet Evanovich. I find her books very enjoyable to read, you can gallop through them at a rate of knots and come out smiling :D

Funny you should say that, I've hardly ever read any autobiographies! But I saw him being interviewed and mentioning the book so I knew I had to read it! As you say, he's very charming and has a lovely wit about him. I thoroughly recommend it! X

Hey girls, I have 2 copies of his book, one signed by the man himself :D :D Have lots of lovely memories of times with the family... especially when I did a live one hour long interview with Donny for Radio Newcastle four years ago. (Have got tickets for Newcastle and Doncaster :D )
PS I'm a Mormon too x

I'm so excited I've just swapped for his book.:D

I'm currently reading Josephine & Harriet by Betty Burton.
images

I have just finished The Magician's Gambit by David Eddings (Book 3 of The Belgariad) so far I have found this the weakest book of the 3 I have read, the characters didn't develop as well, there were long stretches when nothing seemed to be happening, not a bad read, but nothing earth shattering.

From Goodreads -Ce'Nedra, Imperial Princess of Tolnedra, was confused. Everyone knew the tales of the Orb that protected the West from the evil God Torak were just silly legends. But here she was, forced to join a serious and dangerous quest to recover that stolen Orb.

I have just finished reading Twilight by Stephanie Meyer - After all the hype of the films and reviews on book forums, I decided to take the plunge and read the book. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised, I loved it. Although it was very close to the film, I liked it better because it was more indepth and gave a better insight to all the characters.

From Goodreads - Isabella Swan's move to Forks, a small, perpetually rainy town in Washington, could have been the most boring move she ever made. But once she meets the mysterious and alluring Edward Cullen, Bella's life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn. Up until now, Edward has managed to keep his vampire identity a secret in the small community he lives in, but now nobody is safe, especially Bella, the person Edward holds most dear. The lovers find themselves balanced precariously on the point of a knife—between desire and danger. Deeply romantic and extraordinarily suspenseful, Twilight captures the struggle between defying our instincts and satisfying our desires. This is a love story with bite

I'm reading Inheritence, it's the fourth book by Chrisopher Paolini - the first being Eragon. I am really enjoying it, I love to read and read pretty much anything. I have found that audiobooks are great for when I go on the wii step, they keep me entertained and make it just a little less boring.

I'm reading "Billy Brown, I'll tell your mother" at the moment, I WAS enjoying it until about two thirds of the way through when he starts to irritate a little as it seems there is nothing Billy Brown cannot do - I had whizzed through the first 2 thirds in two nights but I have not read it for over a week as it was just annoying me. I will finish it off and return it to the library a bit disappointed as it started off so well.

I hate that, when a book starts off great but then starts to annoy. I would rather a book be rubbish from the beginning at least then you tend not to get too far in before giving it up as a waste of time.

I hate that, when a book starts off great but then starts to annoy. I would rather a book be rubbish from the beginning at least then you tend not to get too far in before giving it up as a waste of time.
Yes I know, same here - I hate not finishing a book once I am so far through it, so I'm going to try to finish this, even if I skim read it for the last few pages. But at least I only borrowed it from the library, glad I did not buy it! :eek:

Undead and Unwed... Bought it second hand from the book shop at Whitby that reminds me of Black Books... It's a bit of harmless fluff, a cross between shopaholic and Buffy... It will be one I put on the pub bookshelf after, we have a charity bookshelf all books 50p donations to help for heroes... Any fluff that I read ends up there...

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

I'm currently reading "A discovery of withches"

v good! vampire and witch fall in love, grown up's twilight

Back