What's everyone reading at the moment?

The Enchanters End Game By David Eddings

I have just finished the 5th and final instalment of The Belgariad, i felt this the weakest book of the series, it spent so much time warmongering, although there were some good bits in it.

The quest was over. The Orb of Aldur was restored. And once again, with the crowning of Garion, there was a descendant of Riva Iron-grip to rule as Overlord of the West.

But the Prophecy was unfulfilled. In the east, the evil God Torak was about to awaken and seek dominion. Somehow, Garion had to face the God, to kill or be killed. On the outcome of that dread duel rested the destiny of the world. Now, accompanied by his grandfather, the ancient sorcerer Belgarath, Garion headed toward the City of Endless Night, where Torak awaited him.

To the south, his fiancée, the princess Ce'Nedra, led the armies of the West in a desperate effort to divert the forces of Torak's followers from the man she loved.

The Prophecy drove Garion on. But it gave no answer to the question that haunted him: How does a man kill an immortal God?

Here is the brilliant conclusion to the epic of The Belgariad, which began in Pawn of Prophecy--a novel of fate, strange lands, and a Prophecy that must be fulfilled--the resolution of the war of men, Kings, and Gods that had spanned seven thousand years

Well I have given up reading old Billy Brown as the man was thoroughly irritating me. Never before have a read such a load of far fetched garbage, it's gone back to the library and I really would not recommend reading it. However, if it's one you fancy I would suggest getting it from the library first. It had initially been on my wishlist to buy but it's now been removed, with me thankful that I have not wasted money on buying it!

I am now reading Stranger in the House by Julie Summers which is about men returning from war in the 1940's and the difficulties they had fitting back in to family life. It's very interesting and in some places heartbreaking.

Sepulchre by Kate Mosse. To be honest I'm about 80 pages in and really struggling to get into it. I'll give it a bit longer but it is a monster of a book and I have about 200 unread books on my shelves, so my life is too short to stick with a book that I'm not enjoying. Can anyone tell me if it suddenly becomes rivetting? :)

I am now reading Stranger in the House by Julie Summers which is about men returning from war in the 1940's and the difficulties they had fitting back in to family life. It's very interesting and in some places heartbreaking.

It sounds really interesting, is it based on truth, or fiction?

I'm currently reading the Song of Fire and Ice series by GRR Martin. I'm about 4 books in and absolutely love it. I would really recommend to fantasy fans.

I'm currently reading the Song of Fire and Ice series by GRR Martin. I'm about 4 books in and absolutely love it. I would really recommend to fantasy fans.

I've got these to read when I go on holiday in March & then I'll remember what has happen when the 5th book is released in April.

I've got these lined up on my Kindle!! Glad you're enjoying them- they were very highly recommended to me!!X

I'm reading 'Ordinary Thunderstorms' by William Boyd. I've read one of his before, 'Restless' which I thoroughly enjoyed! Really intriguing and well written page-turners (or in my case page clickers lol!!)X

The Murder Stone by Louise Penny

This book was a very slow start, but gradually the characters wound round my senses, and at chapter 5 i realised i was thoroughly enjoying it, it was fascinating, very descriptive and well written, i ended up loving it.

http://www.goodreads.com/series/42154-armand-gamache

Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, Louise Penny's wise and engaging '21st-century version of Hercule Poirot' ("Publishers Weekly", starred review), is looking forward to celebrating his wedding anniversary at the remote, luxurious Manoir Bellechasse. The only other guests are members of the Finney family - rich, cultured, and respectable - who have arrived at the height of summer to unveil a slightly startling memorial to their late father. As the heat wave gathers strength, it's surprising when Peter and Clara Morrow, from the well-loved village of Three Pines, turn up at the family gathering - but much more of a shock when old secrets and buried resentments turn out to be only a prelude to murder. As Gamache's holiday becomes a busman's anniversary, he learns that the seemingly peaceful lodge is a place where visitors come to escape their past, until that past catches up with them. Agatha and Anthony Award-winning author Louise Penny breathes brilliant new life into the classic drawing-room mystery

I'm reading the grim fairy tales on my kindle at the mo and really enjoying them x

flyingponymonster said:
I just finished Diane chamberlain the midwifes confession and it was brilliant! Couldn't put it down finished in a day :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Have you read confessions of a gp and confessions of an er Dr? Brilliant and witty I loved them x

images

I've just started reading The Pillars of the Earth & I'm loving it. It is very well written & so descriptive, I feel like I am there with the characters, I have a little picture in my head. I've got this to read & the next in the series World Without End whilst on hols & I'm looking forward to it.

I've just finished Donny Osmond's Life is Just What You Make It, and I enjoyed it but it wasn't until the end that I realised what it was that was missing & it was like reading a book of thoughts, his life, was in parts misplaced & just not well written. It was written 'as you would speak' (like me now!!!) and not for a reader.

I loved Pillars of the Earth and World Without End. They're both books I will happily re-read some time in the future!

The Night Season by Chelsea Cain

I wasn't overly keen, i felt their was very little depth to the characters, they just didn't seem 'real' to me. The storyline wasn't the best, although it was a very unusual murder weapon :)

The Night Season (Gretchen Lowell #4)

Oregon detective Archie Sheridan and local journalist Susan Ward team up again in this extreme weather thriller. As heavy rains pound Portland, apparent drowning victims keep surfacing on the Willamette River. While others tremble before the steadily rising waters, the sleuth and reporter come to the harsh realization that a serial killer is loose and hiding behind nature's merciless torrents. Chelsea Cain's fourth Archie Sheridan mystery (Heartsick; Sweetheart; Evil at Heart) builds its intensity and suspense by rapid cuts between the ominous gathering flood and the dangerous manhunt. One of our most talented young mystery writers.

Back