What's everyone reading at the moment?

I'm about to start reading a series called psych, its also a tv show that me and my husband love so im looking forward to reading the books x x x

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins x x x

The Railway Man by John Dean

I found this a very disappointing book, the characters were shallow and i got confused who was who, glad to have finished it.

When the opening of a railway museum is marred by the murder of a former railman, Detective Chief Inspector John Blizzard finds himself confronting some awkward truths. Not only does he have to consider the unpalatable possibility that his friends could be concealing vital information from him, but he soon discovers that the dead man's legacy is a dark shadow that spreads across the northern city of Hafton. In the end, though, John Blizzard has to confront a betrayal that he never thought possible​

Ooo... Kev's bought me a Kindle for Xmas! So I shall be downloading lots on my phone to transfer to it ready for Xmas... He won't let me have it before...

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Stormbreaker by Anthony Horowitz

I saw this book in the Library a couple of days after watching the film, so decided to have a read, it is very close to the film, however, it is a typical teen book, somehow couldn't get my teeth into it.

They said his uncle Ian died in a car accident. Alex Rider knows that’s a lie, and the bullet holes in his uncle’s car confirm the truth. But nothing can prepare him for the news that the uncle he always thought he knew was really a spy for Britain’s top-secret intelligence agency. Enlisted to find his uncle’s killers and complete Ian’s final mission, Alex suddenly finds himself caught in a deadly game of cat and mouse, with no way out. The original novel that started the worldwide phenomenon is now a major motion picture!

I'm reading Lady of Hay by Barbara Erskine! This was recommended to me by a few people and I can't put it down! It's about a woman who is regressed through hypnotism and tells the story of Matilda (Lady of Hay) in the 12th century and flits between London in 1990 and the Welsh countryside featuring castles, lords, ladies, wenches and all sorts of medieval goings on in the late 1100s!!

Im a bit of a fantasy geek although i like all genres

Reading 'the way of kings' by Brandon Sanderson right now, and its fantastic

I have wanted to read this book for quite some time, eventually i got hold of it and was most disappointed, it had all the elements i enjoy for a good read, crime, fantasy, supernatural, however, i found the characters very shallow and couldn't get to grip with them, i kept losing track of the plot, eventually i gave up.

My name is Peter Grant and until January I was just probationary constable in that mighty army for justice known to all right-thinking people as the Metropolitan Police Service (as the Filth to everybody else). My only concerns in life were how to avoid a transfer to the Case Progression Unit - we do paperwork so real coppers don't have to - and finding a way to climb into the panties of the outrageously perky WPC Leslie May. Then one night, in pursuance of a murder inquiry, I tried to take a witness statement from someone who was dead but disturbingly voluable, and that brought me to the attention of Inspector Nightingale, the last wizard in England.

Now I'm a Detective Constable and a trainee wizard, the first apprentice in fifty years, and my world has become somewhat more complicated: nests of vampires in Purley, negotiating a truce between the warring god and goddess of the Thames, and digging up graves in Covent Garden . . . and there's something festering at the heart of the city I love, a malicious vengeful spirit that takes ordinary Londoners and twists them into grotesque mannequins to act out its drama of violence and despair.

The spirit of riot and rebellion has awakened in the city, and it's falling to me to bring order out of chaos - or die trying. Which, I don't mind telling you, would involve a hell of a lot of paperwork.

I have wanted to read this book for quite some time, eventually i got hold of it and was most disappointed, it had all the elements i enjoy for a good read, crime, fantasy, supernatural, however, i found the characters very shallow and couldn't get to grip with them, i kept losing track of the plot, eventually i gave up.

That's too bad 'cause it sounds like a good book (except for being in 1st person...which is something that turns me off pretty quickly...but that's just me).

I'm reading the first Lord Peter Wimsey book...so far so good. The later ones (with Harriet Vane) were recommended to me, but I thought I should start at the beginning...and they were a free download :)

Heat Wave by Richard Castle

This is based on the TV series Castle which i enjoy, but i did find the book disappointing, i didn't relate to the characters, and got confused between characters, i found the storyline most disjointed.

A New York real estate tycoon plunges to his death on a Manhattan sidewalk. A trophy wife with a past survives a narrow escape from a brazen attack. Mobsters and moguls with no shortage of reasons to kill trot out their alibis. And then, in the suffocating grip of a record heat wave, comes another shocking murder and a sharp turn in a tense journey into the dirty little secrets of the wealthy. Secrets that prove to be fatal. Secrets that lay hidden in the dark until one NYPD detective shines a light.

Mystery sensation Richard Castle, blockbuster author of the wildly best-selling Derrick Storm novels, introduces his newest character, NYPD Homicide Detective Nikki Heat. Tough, sexy, professional, Nikki Heat carries a passion for justice as she leads one of New York City's top homicide squads. She's hit with an unexpected challenge when the commissioner assigns superstar magazine journalist Jameson Rook to ride along with her to research an article on New York's Finest. PulitzerPrize-winning Rook is as much a handful as he is handsome. His wise-cracking and meddling aren't her only problems. As she works to unravel the secrets of the murdered real estate tycoon, she must also confront the spark between them. The one called heat

I finished Lady of Hay and thoroughly enjoyed it! I then went on to read a self help book called 'How To Do Everything and Be Happy' by Peter Jones which was extremely helpful and positive (as it should be with that title lol!) I'm now reading a light book called 'The Case of the Missing Boyfriend' by Nick Alexander! It's very readable and very much a page-turner! I've read half of it in about 4 hours! Good going for me!!X

funcurls said:
I finished Lady of Hay and thoroughly enjoyed it! I then went on to read a self help book called 'How To Do Everything and Be Happy' by Peter Jones which was extremely helpful and positive (as it should be with that title lol!) I'm now reading a light book called 'The Case of the Missing Boyfriend' by Nick Alexander! It's very readable and very much a page-turner! I've read half of it in about 4 hours! Good going for me!!X

Must be good, to get that far through on that time... How are you? ... Chelle...

Started ' La Luxure' by CD Hussey on my new kindle... kindly bought by Kev for Christmas but given me early as I had to part with so many books in the move and ongoing chaos... Slowly replacing what I had to part with...

:D
Must be good, to get that far through on that time... How are you? ... Chelle...

Hi Sadie,

Well there wasn't must substance to it but it was well written light chic-lit- written by a man which was interesting! It was as if a woman had written it- he was certainly in tune with our emotions lol! But staying up until 3am to finish a book is a good sign that I'm enjoying it!!

I'm good thanks Sadie- how are you?! Are you enjoying your Kindle? I luuurrve mine!!! To ask a generic question....Are you organised for Christmas?! Do you enjoy it? I remember you saying you're more geared towards Halloween, which I can totally understand!! I'm afraid I'm a bit bah humbug about Christmas (people are always surprised by this and I keep my head down and try not to come accross so!!) I wish I could get excited about it, and I'm open to suggestions, but quite simply it stresses me out and I always see it as something to get out of the way and then I look forward to New Year! Not the celebrations, but January 1st! A clean slate for a new year!! OK, please all feel free to throw tomatoes at me and vent your anger......

I don't enjoy Christmas, too many years in a Supermarket, plus it always reminds me of those who are not here anymore... They even give me a black Santa hat with Bah Humbug on it at work... I love my Kindle... I was gutted at having to leaving so many books behind at the old pub... I had one on my phone but it doesn't compare... Have you had yours long?... x

Back