What's everyone reading at the moment?

The sensible option would be to read the books you have first, the FAR more exciting option is to just bite the bullet and get a Kindle if you really want one!! I say life's too short, and you could always sell some of your current books on EBay or Amazon Marketplace! Then download the ones you really want onto said Kindle! Ooh I'm a bad influence aren't I! Only because that's exactly what I did....and I still have piles of paperbacks and hardbacks unread and abandoned! XxX

Am sooooo tempted!! But have kindle app on my iPad - is kindle better and which model would you recommend??

I agree with the school of thought that if you want a kindle and can afford it then go for it now. However, that is based on the fact that that is what I did when eventually I had the money to get one. I have a big pile of books to read plus a few on the kindle but I am alternating them as whilst I love my kindle, I still equally love real books so I know that I will eventually work my way through my "to be read" pile, actually I probably won't ever get to the end as I still buy real books when I see a bargain :rolleyes: :D

dextersmum said:
Am sooooo tempted!! But have kindle app on my iPad - is kindle better and which model would you recommend??

Well I got the full works last March, with 3G because I'm the impulsive type and wanted to be able to download books wherever I am! If cost is an issue I would go for the latest slimline one for £89 or if you want to have the very latest you could wait for the touch screen or the Kindle Fire which are only out in US at the moment but will be out in UK before long. Yes you can use your iPad but be aware that you won't be able to read outside in the sun (Kindle is non-glare) and battery life will be an issue! Battery life on the Kindle is excellent! Another option is to explore other brands of e-reader, such as the Kobo that WHSmith sell and theres already a touchscreen option available! Lots to think about! X

Kev bought my kindle for me because of the amount of books I had to leave behind in the move... It killed me as books are big part of my life, everyone bought amazon vouchers for me at xmas to replace the ones I could... I never thought I would replace my books on one or like it, but I do... It makes more sense when your nomadic like us now, never knowing how long you are going to be in one place...

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

I'm currently reading you belong to me by Karen rose, not as good as her earlier books.
Cage of bones by tania carver lined up next which sounds good :)

funcurls said:
Well I got the full works last March, with 3G because I'm the impulsive type and wanted to be able to download books wherever I am! If cost is an issue I would go for the latest slimline one for £89 or if you want to have the very latest you could wait for the touch screen or the Kindle Fire which are only out in US at the moment but will be out in UK before long. Yes you can use your iPad but be aware that you won't be able to read outside in the sun (Kindle is non-glare) and battery life will be an issue! Battery life on the Kindle is excellent! Another option is to explore other brands of e-reader, such as the Kobo that WHSmith sell and theres already a touchscreen option available! Lots to think about! X

Second this and just to add; my mum has the non-3G version and even with wifi connections has been unable to download any books here in Lanzarote while I've got the 3G version and have downloaded lots of books. That's my only recommendation if you can afford the difference go 3G.

I love my kindle for the convenience but I still buy and read books. This holiday though (a month with my mum because we lost my dad this year) the kindle has been invaluable.

If you have the money I say go for it but go 3G.

Thank you all so much for your adVice - have decided to get the fancy 3G one 4 my birthday in April as a reward for losing weight and can't wait!!

I am reading (weight loss for food lovers),i think it is a must read for everybody on this forum,only read a small part of the book so far but it makes a lot of sense,i know how hard it is to loose weight it was hard when i gave up smoking after smoking 40 a day for years and years,but food you have to have to survive,this book will be very helpful,i can tell after reading a small part of it,you don`t even have to read it from front to back.

i am also reading A Darker Domain by Val Mcdermid:)

Gonna look out for that book.......also love Val McDermid books - nothing like a bit of gore!!
Well done on giving up the smoking xxxxx

I am currently reading "the Fat Chance Guide to Dieting" (a novel) by Claudia Pattison. Very funny, easy read and sooooo true.

Gonna look out for that book.......also love Val McDermid books - nothing like a bit of gore!!
Well done on giving up the smoking xxxxx

I am currently reading "the Fat Chance Guide to Dieting" (a novel) by Claudia Pattison. Very funny, easy read and sooooo true.

I am reading a lot of books at the moment about survivors of the holocaust. I thought it would of been very morbid but there are some really inspiring stories as well.

I am reading Trunk Music by Michael Connelly and Covert Reich by A K Alexander(a free ebook on amazon) - a great site for free kindle books is Kogrids UK

Last edited:
happyhippo said:
I am reading Trunk Music by Michael Connelly and Covert Reich by A K Alexander(a free ebook on amazon) - a great site for free kindle books is Kogrids UK

Ooo... will check that site thank you... xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

I'm reading 'Black Notice' by Patricia Cornwell - Its from her Scarpetta series I love them. This is my 10th one in a row, and my 3rd time reading them all :)

bubblensqueak - have you read 'An Englishman in Autswich' by Leon Greenman. He's dead now, but he survived one of the death marches and was one of 4 I think that survived. When I was at school he came to visit us and give us a talk on what happened and his life story. I've never been affected by something so much. It's a really good read, had photos as well. x

Loose ends a Mary Reilly paranormal mystery by terri Reid. One I got for free on my kindle

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back