What's everyone reading at the moment?

It was my kindle's first birthday yesterday :D 57 1/2 books read since I got it!
I'm now reading 'Temeraire' by Naomi Novik :) Been wanting to read it for ages and the first 3 books were in the 12 days of kindle sale (got all 3 for £4 :D) Half way through and really enjoying it!!

It was my kindle's first birthday yesterday :D 57 1/2 books read since I got it!
I'm now reading 'Temeraire' by Naomi Novik :) Been wanting to read it for ages and the first 3 books were in the 12 days of kindle sale (got all 3 for £4 :D) Half way through and really enjoying it!!

Wow JBG!!! That's over 1 book a week!! Brilliant going!! My Kindle's 1st Birthday is 29th March (my 35th Birthday) and it's the best pressie I've ever had!! I may have to treat 'it' to some new books (as if it isn't spoilt enough already lol!!) I've always loved books but I definitely read lots more now I've got Mr Kindles!!XXX

Room is a totally amazing book.......different!

I've just finished War Horse and now started on Sister by Rosamund Lupton.xx

How are you finding 'Sister'? I've got that on Mr Kindles too!! OMG there are SOOO many books to read, and so little time!!!!XXX

I've only just started it so not really got into it yet. Looks promising though. Will update when I read more!! The reviews on amazon look good though xx

57 books in a year! Great going!

I've read 7 since I got mine on Christmas day.

Just finished the hunger games:) wow! I really got absorbed into it. I'd recommend it, great read:)

I'm now reading catching fire, the second book in the hunger games trilogy.

Wow JBG!!! That's over 1 book a week!! Brilliant going!! My Kindle's 1st Birthday is 29th March (my 35th Birthday) and it's the best pressie I've ever had!! I may have to treat 'it' to some new books (as if it isn't spoilt enough already lol!!) I've always loved books but I definitely read lots more now I've got Mr Kindles!!XXX

:D I love reading! Having the kindle makes it so much easier too :) Mine is very special as it was the last birthday/christmas present my dad gave me. I would have treated it to some new books but I have a lot lined up to read anyway :p

jensonbuttongirl said:
:D I love reading! Having the kindle makes it so much easier too :) Mine is very special as it was the last birthday/christmas present my dad gave me. I would have treated it to some new books but I have a lot lined up to read anyway :p

I adore my kindle. I've found that i don't notice myself pressing the page button, i feel I get more absorbed in the kindle than in a traditional book:) I love to read too. Getting the kindle helped my rediscover how much I love books. I stopped reading as much when I graduated and got a full time job, reading more than ever now!

I adore my kindle. I've found that i don't notice myself pressing the page button, i feel I get more absorbed in the kindle than in a traditional book:) I love to read too. Getting the kindle helped my rediscover how much I love books. I stopped reading as much when I graduated and got a full time job, reading more than ever now!

I'm the same Mini-Mog!! I've always adored reading, but tended to go through phases of reading all the time for a couple of months, then not at all for a couple of months and it went like that!! Since I had 'Mr Kindles' in March I have been reading constantly and like you have re-discovered how much I love it!! There are just too many books I want to read I can't get around to them quickly enough- it's all too exciting as people keep recommending things and I keep seeing Amazon reviews:sigh:!!XXX

Currently working my way through the hunger games trilogy. Started it during my lunch break on Monday and I've just finished part one of catching fire. I'm not usually a fast reader but this series is addictive. Can't wait for the film!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm the same Mini-Mog!! I've always adored reading, but tended to go through phases of reading all the time for a couple of months, then not at all for a couple of months and it went like that!! Since I had 'Mr Kindles' in March I have been reading constantly and like you have re-discovered how much I love it!! There are just too many books I want to read I can't get around to them quickly enough- it's all too exciting as people keep recommending things and I keep seeing Amazon reviews:sigh:!!XXX
You have already seen how much I have been reading since I had it! I'm sure I will never run out of books to read...amazon just keep emailing me more and more ideas and with being on Goodreads I get ideas from what some of my friends are reading too!

Same here...it is a bit of a problem sometimes as I can easily read for 2-3 hours after I have gone to bed without noticing! I used to read a lot before I had it but I read even more now!!

Reading call the midwife now...

Need some good books to read, love reading, Just haven't found any great ones recently! Will have to take some of your recommendations!

Temeraire has been on my list of books to maybe try for a long time ... just not 100% sure about it! I wish I'd seen that they were on special or I might have given them a whirl. Let us know what you thought of the book and I might upgrade it to my definitely going to buy list :rotflmao:

Temeraire has been on my list of books to maybe try for a long time ... just not 100% sure about it! I wish I'd seen that they were on special or I might have given them a whirl. Let us know what you thought of the book and I might upgrade it to my definitely going to buy list :rotflmao:

I'm really enjoying it so far...3/4 of the way through :)

I need to stop downloading books... Ive got over 350 on my kindle just now lol

Nothing wrong with that ;) In addition to the insane number of e-books I have there are nearly 1500 'real' books on various bookcases around my house :eek: (a combination of mine and my uncle's pre-kindle collections :p)

Love my kindle. Took a bit of getting used to but wouldn't be without it. So easy to carry about and you always have a new book with you when you finish one :)
At the moment am reading The Runaway by Mike Walsh. It was recommended by a friend and was free at the time (gone up to 77p now!!!)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Well I'm about half way through Sister (the only advantage to tonsillitis!). It's OK. Not fantastic. Not as good as I thought to be honest but it's readable.

On the plus side though.................just bought myself a kindle. I pick it up from Tesco tomorrow (you get £10 off Tesco direct when you spend more the £75 so it was £79 instead of £89 and you get £5 off a case). Sooooo excited about getting it. I've read a few things about 'What about Kevin' on here so that might be one of the first books to go on there!!! xx

rachel1984 said:
Well I'm about half way through Sister (the only advantage to tonsillitis!). It's OK. Not fantastic. Not as good as I thought to be honest but it's readable.

On the plus side though.................just bought myself a kindle. I pick it up from Tesco tomorrow (you get £10 off Tesco direct when you spend more the £75 so it was £79 instead of £89 and you get £5 off a case). Sooooo excited about getting it. I've read a few things about 'What about Kevin' on here so that might be one of the first books to go on there!!! xx

I got that deal too plus 10% discount cos h2b works there so £70 for mine yay I'm just reading martina Coles the family on it xx

Back