What's everyone reading at the moment?

missflips said:
I'm a third of the way through the True Blood collection, lent to me by my friend. I'm a proper book worm, went away for a fortnight last year and managed to read 12 books!

Love those books... Have just given my set of them away, but have replaced them on my kindle as I will want to re-read them again at some point...
12 books on one holiday is some going... I used to think I was bad enough, but some of you on here put me to shame...xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Finished Sister.........worth reading but not amazingly good! Improved towards the end.

What book next??? Picking up my new kindle in 6 hours so may hold off until then :) xx

Finished Sister.........worth reading but not amazingly good! Improved towards the end.

What book next??? Picking up my new kindle in 6 hours so may hold off until then :) xx

How exciting!!! Hope you enjoy yours as much as I love mine!! Are you registered with 'Goodreads'? It's full of recommendations of 'good reads'!! And of course lots of inspiration on this very thread!!XXX

I have the kindle app on my I pad and love it, I also have I books too on it. I am reading death sentence at the moment , it was a free snook and quite good. A good site for free kindle books is Kogrids uk and I have downloaded 400 books all free. The site is updated daily with new books . So between my I books and kindle books I have 700 ebooks on my iPad :0

How exciting!!! Hope you enjoy yours as much as I love mine!! Are you registered with 'Goodreads'? It's full of recommendations of 'good reads'!! And of course lots of inspiration on this very thread!!XXX

I only found goodreads a couple of days ago...........very good site!!

Currently reading 'Just Another Manic Mum-Day' on my new kindle :)

Very easy reading, but decided to start on an easy book on the kindle!! Loving it!!!xx

Just finished the Tomorow series by John Marsden yesterday. Amazon don't do all the books for kindle so I had to resort to calibre to finish the series! Glad I did as there's 7 not 3!!!

Last night I went back to nanny oggs cookbook as I was feeling a bit glum lol and today I'm reading 'breaking the silence' by Diane chamberlain and wishing I wasn't as it's a bit naff.

I might dump it as someones recommended I try a book by johnathan safran foer called 'extremely loud and incredibly close' that looks intriguing :)

Legomom said:
Just finished the Tomorow series by John Marsden yesterday. Amazon don't do all the books for kindle so I had to resort to calibre to finish the series! Glad I did as there's 7 not 3!!!

I loved those books. They're such an interesting idea. What did you think?

I've finished Temeraire now...I really enjoyed it. Now reading book 2 - Throne of Jade :)
I'm also listening to and audio book of 'Ender's Game' by Orson Scott Card...it is good so far :)

Are you registered with 'Goodreads'? It's full of recommendations of 'good reads'!!
I only found goodreads a couple of days ago...........very good site!!
If both of you are on there, feel free to add me as a friend :) You should just be able to click the book challenge link in my signature to find me :)

I am racing through Susan Lewis' "The Choice" started off slow but have got into it and is soooo sad, not really what I expected at all.

I'm going to look on Good Reads later today ........ Remember being there years ago but kind of forgot about it. I like Fantasticfiction.com too.

Read the hunger games trilogy this weekend, I loved them! The best series of books I've got into in years!! Absolutely gripping brilliant books, highly recommend them! My bf has started to listen to the audiobooks at work this morning and is equally engrossed!

Similar suggestions please!! :) x x

Just started "The Pact" by Jodi Picoult. Her books can be quite heavy going and I know more people who hate them than love them but I am addicted :)

Also just started reading "The Redbreast" by Jo Nesbo...have heard so many good things about the series and so far so good.

Just finished re-reading "Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone" this morning. Can't wait to start again on "..the Chamber of Secrets" tonight! :D

Just finished re-reading "Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone" this morning. Can't wait to start again on "..the Chamber of Secrets" tonight! :D

I've been listening to the audio books of those on car journeys :) The books are much better than the films :p

Just started "The Pact" by Jodi Picoult. Her books can be quite heavy going and I know more people who hate them than love them but I am addicted :)

Also just started reading "The Redbreast" by Jo Nesbo...have heard so many good things about the series and so far so good.

I Love Jodi Picoult's books. I've read all of them!!!

Read Jo Nesbo's snowman on holiday last year as well. Didn't think I'd enjoy it, read all my books so started working on the oh's!!! Really enjoyed it though!! xx

I Love Jodi Picoult's books. I've read all of them!!!

Read Jo Nesbo's snowman on holiday last year as well. Didn't think I'd enjoy it, read all my books so started working on the oh's!!! Really enjoyed it though!! xx

I love finding people here with tastes in common with mine!! I also love Jodi Picoult, have read 8 of hers so far..Change of Heart, Plain Truth, My Sister's Keeper, The Pact, Nineteen Minutes, The Tenth Circle, Keeping Faith and Mercy! I have more on my Kindle but other recommendations keep taking priority!! I have also read The Snowman, the last book I read and the only Jo Nesbo I've tried and really loved it! I'll definitely be reading more of his!X

If both of you are on there, feel free to add me as a friend :) You should just be able to click the book challenge link in my signature to find me :)

Added!!

If anyone wants to add me I'm rach27184

Very new to goodreads though, so still finding my way around the site!!

Wicca303 said:
I loved those books. They're such an interesting idea. What did you think?

I think it's the first series I've read based in Oz and I really enjoyed that aspect of it. Bit sick of American based characters lol the concept was great. A semi believable change from aliens and nuclear wars anyway lol!!

I've just finished Kate mccans book " Madeleine " . This has totally changed my views on the way they presented themselves throughout the case and the ever hanging over opinion of " did they or didn't they " views . Sadly as we all know this book doesn't have a conclusion apart from.the facts that we know , but that said im glad i read this book and would defiantly recommend it .

Just finished reading Room! Thoroughly enjoyed it! It was written in such an innovative and refreshing style, the language of a 5 year old boy! I was gripped from beginning to end and was on the edge of my seat desperate to discover how the tale was going to unfold! I wasn't disappointed! The sign of a great writer is when you can connect with and feel compassion for the characters! The book made me see life from a new viewpoint! It made me think about all the things I take for granted, down to the most minute things such as choosing what I have to eat and the whole concept of where the sea comes from! It was clear that the author had spent a great deal of time researching the material and closely following her own children for language and ideas! I've now moved onto 'Before I Go To Sleep' by S.J.Watson! X

Back