What's everyone reading at the moment?

I've been listening to the audio books of those on car journeys :) The books are much better than the films :p

I love the films! But it's so long since I've read the books, and I'm really enjoying them. Although I have remembered there are lots of little things in the books which are missed in the films.

What are the audio-books like? I've never thought to try them :)

I love the films! But it's so long since I've read the books, and I'm really enjoying them. Although I have remembered there are lots of little things in the books which are missed in the films.

Audio books are great if like me you like walking or when you are on holiday & want to relax. I like them because I like being read to. But if I listen to an audio book on holiday I do have a tendency to fall asleep:rolleyes:

Vampire Fiction addict...reading the House of Night series at the moment, and rereading Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult too. I have no idea why I'm reading 2 books at once haha

Just started re-reading my harry potter books and almost finished breaking dawn x

I am reading Clare allan's "Poppy Shakespeare" and it is brilliant!! Is based in a day hospital in North London for the mentally ill!! Very funny and cannot put it down. Bought in charity shop for 79p - bargain too lol

The audio books are great...Stephen Fry reads them really well...they are very easy to listen to :) We started on them because my husband doesn't like reading but he didn't want to miss out on the bits of the story which were changed or not done in the films :)

Finished the hunger games trilogy today. Read in just over a week and really enjoyed all 3. I got so absorbed and lost in the books. Loved the twists and turns! I really am so looking forward to the film!

Now reading Charlene Harris's living dead in Dallas. The 2nd sookie stackhouse.

Oh and 9 books read in January!

Well I gave girl with the dragon tattoo a good go, but it's just not grabbing me, so I'm binning it off for the moment.

Going to start Death du Jour by Kathy Reichs instead. I love all kinds of literature but crime novels are my guilty pleasure!! We have a book swap scheme at work so I never have to buy any!! :)

Going to start Death du Jour by Kathy Reichs instead. I love all kinds of literature but crime novels are my guilty pleasure!! We have a book swap scheme at work so I never have to buy any!! :)

I started on the Kathy Reichs books a year or so ago. I wasn't entirely convinced I would like them as whilst I like crime fiction, I'm not into blood, guts and gore! However, I've really enjoyed the series and have learned lots through it, mostly stuff that will be of no use to me about bugs and whatnot but still interesting nonetheless! I think I'm almost up to date with the series and just have a couple left to read.

Hope you enjoy it!

Well I gave girl with the dragon tattoo a good go, but it's just not grabbing me, so I'm binning it off for the moment.

That's a shame about TGWTDT, I suppose it's not for everyone, but I have to say that I struggled with the first 100 or so pages, with all the Swedish economy jargon, and getting to know the characters was a bit of headwork but after that there was no stopping me- I was hooked from the moment Blomvkist met Vanger to discuss the investigation....!! I loved it!X

Thank you for these.......have downloaded them to my I-pad, getting kindle for my b'day in April and am collecting the freebies already xxxxx

That's a shame about TGWTDT, I suppose it's not for everyone, but I have to say that I struggled with the first 100 or so pages, with all the Swedish economy jargon, and getting to know the characters was a bit of headwork but after that there was no stopping me- I was hooked from the moment Blomvkist met Vanger to discuss the investigation....!! I loved it!X

That's exactly how I felt! I then devoured the next two equally quickly. I actually feel quite sad now that I'm never going to read them again for the first time (how ridiculous is that?!)

I'm currently reading the first Game of Thrones book, then have Warhorse to read for my book club at the end of the month - thank goodness it's only short

I'm also dipping into a dSLR camera guide as I'm getting a new camera - when it comes into stock

Hi can I join? Now currently reading the third book in the Hunger Games trilogy! Absolutely love them, devoured the first two in 3 days. Any other recomendations would be great!! Got a kindle voucher for my birthday that needs using up x

That's exactly how I felt! I then devoured the next two equally quickly. I actually feel quite sad now that I'm never going to read them again for the first time (how ridiculous is that?!)

I'm currently reading the first Game of Thrones book, then have Warhorse to read for my book club at the end of the month - thank goodness it's only short

I'm also dipping into a dSLR camera guide as I'm getting a new camera - when it comes into stock

I still haven't read the second and third in the trilogy but they are eagerly awaiting!! LOVED War Horse, and also have Game of Thrones lined up on Kindle!! X

I've just finished Before I Go To Sleep- it was a great read with a big twist!!! I've now started The Hunger Games, and like lots of other people, I am already sucked in!! It's fantastic!!! To be a page-turner from the very start is a sign of a very good writer!!X

Back