What's everyone reading at the moment?

bluecatlady said:
Oh I'm a fan allright, I have the books, the radio series, the origional tv series and the new Tv film! But of course like a true fan I prefer the books though.

First read the HHGTTG as a teen and was even in a ZZ9 fan club. Now I just have to keep re-reading and finding it funny.

Loooovveee stephen fry as the voice of the Guide in the new film who I feel did a fitting tribute to the coolness of Peter Jones's origional voice over.:D

I was about 14 when i first read it, my brother in law had a copy I nicked, when he found out he bought me them all for my birthday, we still quote it at each other to this day... I think my goth tendencies came from identifying with Marvin... xx

I think my goth tendencies came from identifying with Marvin... xx

I've got all my dad's old sci-fi book he got for 10p a go in the 70's and that's how I found Adams.

Love Marvin
"Here I am brain the size of a planet and you ask me to..." lol, I use that one quite a lot :D
and the share and enjoy song is just marvalous

bluecatlady said:
I've got all my dad's old sci-fi book he got for 10p a go in the 70's and that's how I found Adams.

Love Marvin
"Here I am brain the size of a planet and you ask me to..." lol, I use that one quite a lot :D
and the share and enjoy song is just marvalous

My fave quote was when he was in the car park and he was asked how long he'd been there...
' The first million years were the worst, the second million they were the worst too, after that I went into a bit of a decline'... classic... xx

Just going to give "me before you" a go :)

Just finished reading 'the secret speech'..very good read!!! Some good twists n turns. Based around people in Russian Revolution....very, very good!!!

Just started reading Body Double by Tess Gerritsen which is the 4th book in her Rizzoli & Isles series

Just read the first 3 in the last month and they are all quite good

Before these I had read all the books Karin Slaughter has done and I think she is my fav crime author

I like Tess Gerritsen too - love a bit of gore!!!
At the moment I am reading PJTracy's "Want to Play" her debut thriller. Have read a more recent one of hers and came across this in charity shop - usually obsessed about reading books in order!

On a lighter note anyone here enjoy Agatha Raisin books - so funny xxxx

I've nearly finished 'The Hunger Games'!! I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying it- I've very rarely read a book where I have been immediately sucked in and developed empathy with characters so quickly!! The author Suzanne Collins is so clever and imaginative- I LOVE IT!!!X

funcurls said:
I've nearly finished 'The Hunger Games'!! I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying it- I've very rarely read a book where I have been immediately sucked in and developed empathy with characters so quickly!! The author Suzanne Collins is so clever and imaginative- I LOVE IT!!!X

I've just bought the first two books online - so can't wait for them to arrive. Saw a trailer for the film tonight which also looks great!!x

The Hunger Games is just amazing. Have any of you seen a Japanese film called Battle Royale? It's very very similar in basic plot. I want to read that now.

battle royale is amazing. crazy asian pace and very violent but a concept that has spawned hundreds of similar ideas.

im currently reading the george r.r. martin song of ice and fire series. otherwise known as game of thrones since the sky atlantic adaption..which is fantastically faithful to the book. i am just about to start book three.. a storm of swords. my friend said it is def the best of the series..so looking forward to the plot developments. i love that this book is written from the perspective of lots of different characters..they each have chapters of their own throughout the book. i find you quickly have your fave characters and look forward to their next chapter!!! xx

Mini_Mog said:
The Hunger Games is just amazing. Have any of you seen a Japanese film called Battle Royale? It's very very similar in basic plot. I want to read that now.

Yes, I have been thinking its just a copy of Battle Royale!!! I will read the books though before I decide how similar I think they are!!!
I have that film on DVD actually, may be time to dig it out for another watch!!x

i love jessie keane, kimberly chamber and mandasue-heller, these are crime books if you like Martina Cole you will love these authors, just waiting for 2 new releases i have on order. xx

Mandasue-heller is brilliant and love Martina Cole too......especially the one with the creepy guy!! Think it was one of her first novels and cannot remember what it was called ((sorry))

Back