What's everyone reading at the moment?

Hi everyone

so glad there's a book thread on here :) I'm doing Camebridge. And have just finished reading Pauline quirkes book 'where have I gone' about her time on the LL diet.

Am now starting 'slimmer charlie' about a guy who featured on this morning a few weeks ago and lost 30 stone!!!

Does anyone know of or can recommend any books on people's inspiring journeys of weight loss?

Xxx

Reading EL James 3 books .. Fifty shades of grey, fifty shades darker and now just started the third one fifty shades freed... Very addictive books and rather steamy too!!! Luv them x

Finished The Report, it was ok but I shan't go in to raptures over it. About to start "The Family Fang" by Kevin Wilson. Having read the synopsis it's not something I'd normally go for but as it's a book club one I shall have to read it! Sometimes the ones that you don't expect to like will surprise you so I'm hoping that's the case with this one :)

Reading EL James 3 books .. Fifty shades of grey, fifty shades darker and now just started the third one fifty shades freed... Very addictive books and rather steamy too!!! Luv them x

Ah, interesting to hear good things from a real person rather than just reviews on Amazon, which happen to be excellent!! I've just put Fifty Shades of Grey on my Kindle so will be reading it soon! After Into the Darkest Corner!! And that's after I've finished the last 25% of Starcrossed!! So many books, so little time!!!X

Ha ha very true I have so so many books to read on my bookshelves and on the floor (cause ran out of shelf space) and also now on my kindle but we will get there eventually. Enjoy all the reading x

Loved into the darkest corner, could not put it down and missed sleep out because it was so addictive, read it in two days, bluddy brillent thriller :)

Oh I love a good read... But just haven't the time at the moment, what with 3 kids and continuous am dram plays since october, reading just seems to interfere with the line learning lol!! Hopefully after my next play over the bank holiday I have nothing scheduled till October so should be able to catch up with some reading, some great suggestions on here

I'm reading the Barsoom series, by Edgar Rice Burroughs. They're really good, and are actually a template and inspiration for a lot of the more modern sci-fi authors.

Well I've finished Middlesex by Jeffery Eugenides. I thought this book was fantastic. Not everyone's cup of tea I supposed due to subject matter, but the amount of research and effort the author has clearly put into this book is amazing.

It follows a Greek family from the 1920's onwards. The main character is of ambiguous gender & the story tells of how the recessive gene mutation was passed on through the generations. I really did enjoy this book.

I'm now reading a book called delirium by Lauren oliver. This one is a dystopian young adult book. Basically when children are 18 they are cured of a terrible disease- love- and given 5 matches, one of whom they will marry. It's ok, I think it may be a bit predictable, but we will see!

Hi everyone

so glad there's a book thread on here :) I'm doing Camebridge. And have just finished reading Pauline quirkes book 'where have I gone' about her time on the LL diet.

Am now starting 'slimmer charlie' about a guy who featured on this morning a few weeks ago and lost 30 stone!!!

Does anyone know of or can recommend any books on people's inspiring journeys of weight loss?

Xxx

hi how did u like the pauline quirke book ? another good read is the adventures of diet girl by shauna reid .

Last edited:
Just finished 'Starcrossed' by Josephine Angelini (it was pretty good but not a patch on Twilight Saga although it was trying to be) and now moving onto 'Into The Darkest Corner' by Elizabeth Haynes.

Finished Into The Darkest Corner in 1 1/2 days- OMG BRILLIANT!! So gripping and scary...and it could happen to anyone! That's the scariest thing!! How easily brainwashed and sucked in we are by peoples' charm and confidence!!

I've now started...dare I say it... Fifty Shades of Grey..10% in and hooked already! I think I'm going to enjoy this trilogy..!!

Back