What's everyone reading at the moment?

Just finished Now You See Me by S. J Bolton, was fantastic!! Has anyone who likes psychological thrillers got any ideas what I could read next!! Cheers!

crowther64 said:
Just finished Now You See Me by S. J Bolton, was fantastic!! Has anyone who likes psychological thrillers got any ideas what I could read next!! Cheers!

Patrica Cornwell does a good line in them...xx

just finished dead to me by cath staincliffe . it was brilliant . i have watched scott and bailey from the beginning and in tis book it tells u how they first meet . if u liked scott and bailey u will LOVE this . next on the list is her mothers shadow by diane chamberlain .

I have The Year of the Flood by Atwood and Wind through the Keyhole by Stephen King both lined up on the kindle..... I can't decide!!!!!

sleepytimesadie said:
I know what you mean... Sad but true... Are you ok love? X

Hi hun, yeah I'm ok thanks! Visiting my parents in Exeter at the moment- Mum's not well- but otherwise things ticking along OK! How are you? Glad you're enjoying Life Of Pi- really loved that book! I found it fascinating how there was so much to write about a boy and those crazy animals in a boat!! X

Hi hun, yeah I'm ok thanks! Visiting my parents in Exeter at the moment- Mum's not well- but otherwise things ticking along OK! How are you? Glad you're enjoying Life Of Pi- really loved that book! I found it fascinating how there was so much to write about a boy and those crazy animals in a boat!! X

Sending you love to you and your mum sorry to hear about the bad news x

Sorry to hear about your Mum... I hope she gets better soon... Finished Life of Pi... Really enjoyed it, like you say fascinating read... I seem to read so much faster on my Kindle... All's well diet wise had a week off gained 9lbs but lost 3 of it again now... But enjoyed the week away with my little big Bro... Call him that cos he is younger than me, but built like a brick shed... xx You take care love...xx

sleepytimesadie said:
Sorry to hear about your Mum... I hope she gets better soon... Finished Life of Pi... Really enjoyed it, like you say fascinating read... I seem to read so much faster on my Kindle... All's well diet wise had a week off gained 9lbs but lost 3 of it again now... But enjoyed the week away with my little big Bro... Call him that cos he is younger than me, but built like a brick shed... xx You take care love...xx

Ha, your big little brother! I like that! I also seem to read faster on the Kindle than I used to with 'real life books', unless it's because I just read more now and the practice is making me faster!! Well done on making a big dent in that weight gain! I think it's ok to gain as long as it's nipped in the bud and pulled back pretty quickly before it gets out of hand! 6 or 7 lbs is managable- 10 or more is a bit more scary! XXX

Hope your mum is feeling better Heather xx

I am about to start reading Cathy Woodman's "It's a Vet's Life". Have chosen this for an easy read - chick lit with animals and Xmas thrown in - all good things lol

Hi,

Hope you dont mind me joining you thread! I've trawled through with interest as i love to read and have picked up some good suggestions! I've just read The Innocent by David Baldacci and about to start before i go to sleep.

Claire

Hi claireybear:) welcome to our book thread:) hope you enjoy before I go to sleep!

Well, it's taken me 3 whole weeks but I've finished George R R Martin's Game of Thrones. Now onto Miss Perigrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransome Riggs.

Well, it's taken me 3 whole weeks but I've finished George R R Martin's Game of Thrones. Now onto Miss Perigrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransome Riggs.

Wow that didn't take you long at all, I'm still on the 3rd book & it's taken me ages, I've about 300 pages left yet but can't wait to finish it because it's so exciting. How come you're not reading the next in the Game of Thrones series?

Happy Holidays said:
Wow that didn't take you long at all, I'm still on the 3rd book & it's taken me ages, I've about 300 pages left yet but can't wait to finish it because it's so exciting. How come you're not reading the next in the Game of Thrones series?

I'm reading a few quicker reads I've got lined up and then I'll be reading the next one. Started this new one and it's not a patch on game of thrones!

dextersmum said:
Hope your mum is feeling better Heather xx

I am about to start reading Cathy Woodman's "It's a Vet's Life". Have chosen this for an easy read - chick lit with animals and Xmas thrown in - all good things lol

Thanks DM! Shes a little more upbeat than she was the other day- I took her to chemo today and she's taking it all in her stride even though the prognosis isn't good! X

claireybear said:
Hi,

Hope you dont mind me joining you thread! I've trawled through with interest as i love to read and have picked up some good suggestions! I've just read The Innocent by David Baldacci and about to start before i go to sleep.

Claire

Hi Claire, welcome! This is an excellent place to hang out as its so interesting to see what other people are reading and recommending! Everyones' tastes vary so much which makes it all the better for it!!

Which leads me on to say what I've been up to! I finished the Shades Of Grey trilogy and I dont know whether I'm pleased or embarrassed to say I thoroughly enjoyed them! Hand on heart after a while the sexy bits kind of went over my head and I was totally hooked on the story and the characters, as the plot delved deeper and deeper into Christian's past! A lot happens in a short space of time for those two!

I then moved onto 'Love...from both side's by Nick Spalding which was a quick, light read and thoroughly humourous and entertaining!

I'm now on The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel! I haven't seen the film yet but I felt compelled to read the book! So far I like the dry humour and the characters are great! X

Back