What's everyone reading at the moment?

Just started the second game of thrones/song of ice & fire book, a clash of kings.

Finished miss peregrine's home for peculiar children. Not over impressed by it, got to the end, realised I didn't care about the characters and it just wasn't what I expected. It's a story with a collection of creepy photos, which were interesting. I was expecting a creepy ghost type story and it was actually uncannily similar to x men. Oh well. Back to game of thrones:D

Hi everyone what a brilliant thread i have just read 50 shades of grey...... what a book just starting the follow on to it today

Hi all, You have been busy readers! I am about to try and start before i go to sleep again, got distracted by the second and third fifty shades books, a thoroughly trashy and enjoyable read!

Hey all - just joined so catching up on everyone's favourite reads to add to my list! Just finished reading The Sound of a Wild Snail Eating (urgh - boring) and am reading an Alexander McCall Smith book from the No1 Ladies Detective Agency - they're soooooo funny! xx

in the last 3 days have read "the vow" and diane chamberlain "the bay at midnight " am now half way through witness by cath staincliffe x

Just finished The Disciple by Steven Dunne. AMAZING! Think you'd need to read the first book though, which is called The Reaper x

Just finished 666 Charing Cross Road by Paul Magrs... Excellent book... Now I have gone for a complete change and have chosen a Patrica Cornwell, Predator...

Just started the second game of thrones/song of ice & fire book, a clash of kings.

Finished miss peregrine's home for peculiar children. Not over impressed by it, got to the end, realised I didn't care about the characters and it just wasn't what I expected. It's a story with a collection of creepy photos, which were interesting. I was expecting a creepy ghost type story and it was actually uncannily similar to x men. Oh well. Back to game of thrones:D

I thought the same about Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children - it was very, very strange - like a poor mans xmen!!!

aily said:
I thought the same about Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children - it was very, very strange - like a poor mans xmen!!!

I was really excited about it, was expecting paranormal, creepy, bit scary- just disappointing:(

I've just finished my 54th book of the year, Fifty Shades Freed - E. L. James. The series was a little lame, predictable in places with some vaguely unlike-able characters, but I still somehow managed to really enjoy it!
Just started number 55, Dune by Frank Herbert, only just started really but enjoying it so far!

I need to get my read on I have slacked this year... I have almost finished crossed by allie Condie and I have started the time travellers wife

Keilaani said:
No Hun, what's it about? X

A boy and how he survives a ship wreak with a tiger aboard his life raft, how he never gives up and he trains the tiger not to even consider eating him... well written and you feel quite proud of the lads survival instincts...

Finished Crow lake. Five stars from me, really enjoyed it and it was a nice quick read.
Now reading The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton

Last edited:
Hi, have just finished the "Before the storm" and "The secrets she left behind" by Diane Chamberlain which I really enjoyed. Have just started reading "The Midwives Confession" by her as well and have got into it very quickly. Just got a Kindle last week and I am surprised how much I have enjoyed reading it.

Back