What's everyone reading at the moment?

Man I LOVED the Hunger Games - I didn't expect to, but everyone was raving about it so I started the first one...and read all 3 in 4 days. Couldn't put them down - I love getting that hooked. Everyone is talking about that 50 shades thing but I'm not into love stories - anyone else like that who likes it? Not sure whether to try it? :D

I enjoyed x50 shades it wont ever win literary prizes but there was something very compelling about it the kinkiness aside lol

Lol - sold!! I'll have a read then - nothing wrong with a bit of kinkiness on a Wednesday ;)

I'm trying to read 'The World House' but it's not happening.

Where'd my attention-span go? :eek:

I'm reading Rachel Caine Weather Warden Series i am on book 5. I was unsure about it but since I've read her morganville ones I thought I'd give it a go little confusing sometimes with the complicated weather jargon but a good read all the same. Recently went to a signing of hers which encouraged me to read it

I'm currently reading the forty rules of love by elif shafak

I'm now on book 5, part 1 of Game of Thrones, 'A Dance with Dragons, 1: Dreams and Dust'. I'm sure it'll be as exciting as the other books. I go on holiday on Saturday & just can't wait for a week of sun, wine & reading my books:D

Happy Holidays said:
I'm now on book 5, part 1 of Game of Thrones, 'A Dance with Dragons, 1: Dreams and Dust'. I'm sure it'll be as exciting as the other books. I go on holiday on Saturday & just can't wait for a week of sun, wine & reading my books:D

You are getting through them fast! I'm about 1/3 through a clash of kings. Really enjoying the series. Pacing myself with it as I don't want it to end! Not got much reading done this week with going to download festival.

Mini_Mog said:
You are getting through them fast! I'm about 1/3 through a clash of kings. Really enjoying the series. Pacing myself with it as I don't want it to end! Not got much reading done this week with going to download festival.

What is the genre of these books I'm tempted to read the but put off by them maybe not being to my taste

katiebaby said:
What is the genre of these books I'm tempted to read the but put off by them maybe not being to my taste

Fantasy. They are based in I suppose medieval times and feature knights, lords, ladies, kings, queens, the undead and a battle for the iron throne.

I did do quiet a lot of reading over the jubliee weekend, I go on holiday on Saturday & didn't want to take a nearly finished book & the next book, which are both really thick books, I don't have a kindle as I'm not too sure I'd like one. As it happens I'm now doing very nicely with book 5, part 1 & I've decided to pack part 2, so I am taking two thick books!!!!!!!!!

It's about Kings & Queens each battling for their kingdom, it has some 'adult' sections, lots of fighting, decite, very interesting & an excellent storyline. I like that each chapter is titled about the character whose life we are reading about. The author also takes you back in time very well, you can picture in your mind exactly what is happening & how everything will look.

A fab book is the passage by Justin chronin I got it on audiobook and was hooked from the start forv33 hrs of listening. The following book is out October 25th and I can't wait. Been waiting for a year for it to come out!,,,

Mini_Mog said:
Fantasy. They are based in I suppose medieval times and feature knights, lords, ladies, kings, queens, the undead and a battle for the iron throne.

I will have to try and borrow it from someone maybe... As that's not normally my cup of tea but im all for broadening the horizons

Happy Holidays said:
I did do quiet a lot of reading over the jubliee weekend, I go on holiday on Saturday & didn't want to take a nearly finished book & the next book, which are both really thick books, I don't have a kindle as I'm not too sure I'd like one. As it happens I'm now doing very nicely with book 5, part 1 & I've decided to pack part 2, so I am taking two thick books!!!!!!!!!

It's about Kings & Queens each battling for their kingdom, it has some 'adult' sections, lots of fighting, decite, very interesting & an excellent storyline. I like that each chapter is titled about the character whose life we are reading about. The author also takes you back in time very well, you can picture in your mind exactly what is happening & how everything will look.

After reading that I will try and get a copy :) the book I am reading now the author starts every chapter titling the person it's a about... Sounds interesting

I'm thoroughly enjoying Call the Midwife!! Such an interesting insight into 1950s post war London and the terrible living conditions in the Docklands area! Some really humerous bits too! I missed the televised series and was then delighted to see that it was being repeated so I enjoyed watching the first episode last Thursday and what perfect timing as I'm reading the book! X

Back